The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Simpsons Movie

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
It's like totally awesome, and so sweet looking :D
Best movie, EVER!

What's your take on this?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Aug 23 2007 on  08:56 AM
It's like totally awesome, and so sweet looking :D
Best movie, EVER!

What's your take on this?
I've never seen this movie and never will. However, if it's anything like the television series, I see no way it could possibly be the "best movie ever".

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I thought it was pretty good. I like the Simpsons.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Eh, it's not all that good, in my opinion.

Best movie, EVER!

I wouldn't say that. There's lots of other movies that are just as good, if not better than The Simpsons Movie.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Clint, my brother, thought it was okay but it could have had so much more to it. I do agree, but the movie didn't really disappoint me.

I don't really tend to rank any movie as "best movie ever", since I might find something out there I like better, but that's just me. While I did enjoy the Simpsons Movie, it's not my favorite.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I would think "oh I just watched the best movie ever" and then months later watch something else that's even better. :P:  That's how it works sometimes, so I just compile favorites and leave it at that.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm always careful with superlatives.
The Simpsons movie certainly is a very good one though :yes
I enjoyed it a lot and watched it twice (just the German version though :().
The movie includes many really hilarious scenes (right in the beginning Homer is complaining about the fools who go to cinema to watch something they can see on TV) and at the same time it is satirizing some of the very real problems of our world. Many people or events from real life are parodied in the movie as well.
The movie does not break with the simplistic basic style of the TV series and yet in parts it seems to be of much higher quality (there are more elaborate shadows for example).
There is a surprising multitude of different storylines so one or some at least are bound to appeal to every member of a family. While I'm quite certain I did not get every single joke or reference made in the movie they kept it understandable for an international audience (which is not the case with every single one of the TV series episodes). In one case I wouldn't have noticed a reference (which I expect few people to notice) if I hadn't recently written an essay for the university about "Operation Unthinkable". To those of you who hold no grudge against the TV series and are pondering whether or not to watch the movie I recommend to do it.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Quote from: Malte279,Aug 23 2007 on  02:30 PM
The movie includes many really hilarious scenes (right in the beginning Homer is complaining about the fools who go to cinema to watch something they can see on TV) and at the same time it is satirizing some of the very real problems of our world. Many people or events from real life are parodied in the movie as well.
The movie does not break with the simplistic basic style of the TV series and yet in parts it seems to be of much higher quality (there are more elaborate shadows for example).
There is a surprising multitude of different storylines so one or some at least are bound to appeal to every member of a family. While I'm quite certain I did not get every single joke or reference made in the movie they kept it understandable for an international audience (which is not the case with every single one of the TV series episodes). In one case I wouldn't have noticed a reference (which I expect few people to notice) if I hadn't recently written an essay for the university about "Operation Unthinkable". To those of you who hold no grudge against the TV series and are pondering whether or not to watch the movie I recommend to do it.
Spiderpic, Spiderpic :lol  I only saw some scenes in the internet, but I¥ll go to watch it :^.^:

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Quote from: Nimrod,Aug 23 2007 on  02:51 PM
Quote from: Malte279,Aug 23 2007 on  02:30 PM
Spiderpic, Spiderpic :lol  I only saw some scenes in the internet, but I¥ll go to watch it :^.^:
Oh sorry, I meant Spiderpig :D

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
You could have just edited your prior post to say "spiderpig" instead of "spiderpic", you know. Also, there is a button labeled "Add Reply" where you don't always have to quote the previous poster.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The whole Spider-pig thing, in my personal opinion, is getting too old, too quick.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, to be honest, I've never really liked the simpsons.  It is just so unrealistic.  No one acts like that in real life.  The yellow skin is a little much for me as well.  Homer really is an odd one and his wife's hair...well...doesn't she ever get a haircut? :P:

Lisa is always wearing that weird caveman dress thing and Bart is always acting so unrealistically.  I have yet to see the movie, and I probably never will unless I download it cuz my mom doesn't approve of that show, but if it's anything like the tv show, I'm afraid that I wouldn't like it too much.

It has to be a good show to most people.  It's been around for a while.  I just don't like it from a personal point of view.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Unrealistically? No surprise there. It's a cartoon.  The dinosaurs in Land Before Time don't always act realistically (according to recent facts anyway), but that doesn't mean it's not a good movie.

And about Marge's hair, who really knows? :p I'm wondering why it's blue.

About the yellow-skin thing, I did read a reason for that somewhere... I think it was because the creator wanted to do something different and colored the Simpsons yellow.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
And about Marge's hair, who really knows? dino_tongue.gif I'm wondering why it's blue.
In one episode it is revealed that in fact Marge has grey hair (probably like Patty and Selma) and she is dying it blue (in that episode Marge is upset about Homer telling others about this and more private details of her). Today they aired an episode in which Marge is going to a hairdresser (the episode in which she works for the police).
It is just so unrealistic. No one acts like that in real life.
Of course there are many things in the Simpson world that couldn't happen in real life. But as for the acting of the characters it is very often just a satirized, exaggerated variant of how many real people act in real live. The Simpsons often refer to existing problems or issues in a satirical way. Most of the unrealistic elements in the Simpsons are not mere nonsense but exaggerations of actual events etc.
About the yellow-skin thing, I did read a reason for that somewhere... I think it was because the creator wanted to do something different and colored the Simpsons yellow.
I read different stories about the Simpson's skin color. Somewhere I read that it was a coincidence and that when he made the first draft Matt Groening had run out of a more proper skin color and found that he liked the yellow. Elsewhere I read that Groening meant to fool people and make them think that something was wrong with their TV screen. Whether or not either of these stories is true I cannot say. The Simpsons themselves are aware of their skin color though. There are several jokes in the series in which characters refer to their yellow skin.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
You guys are clearly not Simpsons fans. Best movie EVER, isn't an opinion! It's what comic book store guy says! "Worst episode (then he pauses) EVER(kind of alongates the ever)"
Anyway, the Simpsons are a great series, and I just couldn't stop laughing through out the movie. It's not the best movie ever for me, but it's totally in my top 20, but that varies from person to person, you guys need to go out more! Seriously.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Aug 23 2007 on  06:14 PM
You guys are clearly not Simpsons fans. Best movie EVER, isn't an opinion! It's what comic book store guy says! "Worst episode (then he pauses) EVER(kind of alongates the ever)"
What do you mean we aren't Simpsons fans?

And yes, "best move ever" is still an opinion. It doesn't matter if the "comic book guy" says it. It's still an opinion. Not fact.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Weather_lord_7,Aug 23 2007 on  03:29 PM
The whole Spider-pig thing, in my personal opinion, is getting too old, too quick.
http://www.spiderpig.org/

Oh, yes, definitely.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh, dear Lord.  :slap

And I thought then whole "7-11 renamed Kwik-e-Mart" was enough. :rolleyes:

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
It's more of a gimic or a catch phrase than an opinion, anyway, it's not my opinion.
Marge's expression when Homer is doing the whole SpiderPig thing is just priceless :D

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In my opinion, it is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

If you don't like the Simpsons, you might not like it though.