The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

It's...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
And now for something completely different.

Monty Python's Flying Circus!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Funny show, enjoyed watching it way back in the 70's and more recently when the local pbs station showed all the episodes again.  It had great skits and songs, such as the lumberjack and spam songs.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have the 16 Ton Megaset. It is hilarious!

I thank CTY for Monty Python.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I could have watched a special, which had the best of Eric Edle, but I had to go to bed  :( . But there were lots of things that made me laugh...like the so called "Children's" Storytime, ending with the hippo coming in and stomping on the rabbits (poor bunnies  :lol ), the guy on holiday who says the 'b's instead of 'c's), and then the flying sheep  :lol !

The first Holy Grail I saw was the delux edition...then I got the NON delux edition for my dad on father's day...the delux edition's funnier...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My favorite sketches are:
  • The Ministry of Silly Walks
  • Silly Job Interview
  • Blackmail
  • The Funniest Joke in the World
  • Self-Defense Against Fresh Fruit
  • Dead Parrot
  • Upper-Class Twit of the Year
  • How Not to be Seen
I have more, though.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh gosh, dead parrot was hilarious! My dad told me he was standing outside a petco, and a guy came into the store with a dead parakeet in it  :wow ! He couldn't help bu turn around and laugh! The guy had the bird for 2 days and it died  :DD !

The ministry of silly walks was pretty good. Then flying sheep, and the funniest joke in the world! That was my favorite!

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I forgot these:
  • The Lumberjack Song
  • Llama
  • Nudge, Nudge
  • Hell's Grannies
  • Flying Lessons
  • The Spanish Inquisition
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I forgot all of those, all great sketches and songs. :lol

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I honestly have never heard of it or seen it.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 5 2008 on  08:37 PM
I honestly have never heard of it or seen it.
Well first it's a brittish comedy, second it's very old and on KERA (Ch. 13 in certain Texas areas) it's on VERY late (I watched 1 episode at 3:00 on an Easter morning...my parents had it on...that was a good one...it had a running gag about ants, and tupees and at the end they were coming up with different endings  :lol: ), and third..er...what's third  :blink: ? Did I mention the actors such as John Cleese and Eric Idle are kind of old now  :blink: ?

I remember when the Spanish Inquisiton was attempting to torture the old lady with fluffy pillows and a comfy chair  :lol ! That was brilliant!

Here's a hint: John Cleese is easiest to find in certain shots: He's always the tallest in the shot.

They also had a humerous habit on dressing in drag when it was needed  :DD  ! Pretty much the entire crew but one was in drag for one sketch  :lol:

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There is someone who has never heard of Monty Python?

Someone please drop a 16-Ton Weight on me!

That or attack me with some fresh fruit.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That person may be to young to have heard of Monty Python.  Like many never heard of Harold Lloyd, Charlie Chaplin and other silent comedians, or even that there were silent movies, let along black and white movies.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It can still be to young to have heard of certain things that are older like Monty Python and even older things.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I heard of Monty Python through both camp and my awesome aunt.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Not everyone was in the same camps and has the same aunt. Some people just may not know Monty Python, but I sure recommend them to fill that gap ;)
I really love "The life of Brian". Monty Python and the holly Grail was funny too, but I could never help feeling that the humor there was not as well developed as in other movies. The ending of the Grail disappointed me.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've never liked the ending of monty python and the holy grail.  If I get it on dvd I"ll stop watching it at some point towards the end.  Some movies are pretty good till one gets near the end.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
When I first saw The Holy Grail, I laughed my head off.

I still laugh hysterically, but not to death. It's not that funny, unlike Ernest Scribbler's joke.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, the ending of Holy Grail was a little 'blah'. Would have been funny if they DID find the Holy Grail and it wasn't what we expected  :lol: !

One episodes ending(s) was pretty funny. They're coming up with all these different ending like happy endings, ending with a chase and then "How about a sudden ending?"

The End

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nobody seems to get the Ernest Scribbler thing.

Watch The Funniest Joke in the World.