The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Little Bear

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I was just wondering who else here has seen this cartoon.  It's targeted to preschoolers and below.  I used to love this show! :^.^: I forgot all about it after we lost the channel when I was 6.  I was just flipping around and I saw something called "little bear".  Puzzled, I selected the channel and it was just starting.  I remembered the intro and everything! :D God, the memories!  I've never had such vivid memories.  I watched a show of it just to see if I remembered it.  I didn't.  It was okay, great for a kid, but I don't like it anymore.  Too much frosting if ya know what I mean.  What happened to quality kids shows like this nowadays?  Now it's REALLY cheesy stuff like blues clues and other shows of that nature.  Quality, fully hand drawn animation.  It was refreshing.  Has anyone else here seen this movie as a child?

Oh, and yeah, the characters don't really look like that in the show.  Just like LBT, they make crap covers and pictures for this film as well. :p

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
lol, I have a strong hunch I know who is going to replay to this thread. XDD

Anyways, I loved this show as a kid. I remember my mom used to read me the book that the show was based on. It was one of Nick Jr's better shows, and I always enjoyed it. Littlebear was cute, especially with his happy laugh and his famous catch phrase, "interesting." He's just a character that makes you smile whenever you see him. I had no idea you liked the show LBTlover; that's cool!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It is aired over here too, but I didn't watch any episode yet. The character reminds me of a character shown in another series "Franklin". Perhaps the two series have the same drawers.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I use to watch it.  I watched it at first when the isp I had at the time charged by the minute except during certain times so I'd be on during those times which ended just before littlebear would come on.  I enjoyed watching the show.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I used to watch this show as well. I also enjoyed watching it, and i had forgotten about it until you just reminded me.  :)

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
*Runs into this topic* LITTLE BEEEEAAAAARRR!!!

I KNEW KingdomKey23 was referring to me XD

I cannot begin to describe how much I love this show. I grew up with it and own about six books this TV show is based on. I remember how I would never miss this show and watch it religiously every day when it was on. Sadly the show now airs on Noggin, a channel I unfortunately do not get. Imagine my sheer happiness when I went to Denver for vacation and learned my uncle has satellite cable and he got the show Noggin. Guess what I was watching every day at 7AM, 10AM, 3PM and 8PM!

The show is very cute, every episode is an adventure with Little Bear and his very creative and wonderful imagination, whether a trip to the moon, visiting distant lands like the North Pole, sailing on the high seas or even meeting mermaids and pirates. So imagine my disappointment when the show came to an end.

The movie is also pretty good. Interesting to see how Little Bear would react and play with another bear of his age named Cub, even if Cub is from the Wilderness.

Everytime I watch the show and the movie I keep wishing they would release the entire show on DVD box sets. Until that day comes I'll be thankful for the four DVDs I have and the movie.

And to even show how much I love this show I'm planning on writing my own continuation to the show with both new and old characters. I have one 'episode' done so far if anyone is interested in reading it. I can PM it to you. When I have more done I'm planning on publishing it to either FanFiction.Net or make a site just for this.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I remember watching Little Bear as a kid and I do tend to catch the odd episode now and again (if nothing else is on  :D ). Since it's primarily aimed at younger kids it airs on Nick Jr around 6.30pm but hey...it's a trip down memory lane for me. Need I any other excuse?  ;)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LOL.  I just looked on comcast's "on demand" section and they have 20 episodes of little bear that you can watch any time.  16 of them end on the 19th and are going to be replaced by other one's.

The character reminds me of a character shown in another series "Franklin".

I watched that a few times as well, but I wasn't a huge fan like I was of Little Bear.

That show was so good for me as a kid.  I liked how they had 2-3 episodes in only 30 minutes.  I love the animation as well.  Although I'm no longer a huge fan of Little Bear, I don't look badly on anyone nowadays who still is.  Some people can handle a very large cheese factor, but I am not one of them.  Everyone has their own opinion.

Anyways, it seems that this show is almost dead.  It airs on noogin (or whatever it's called) at midnight-1am.  It'll be sad when they take this out of kids lives.  All that'll be left is the crap shows today. :cry

I had no idea you liked the show LBTlover; that's cool!

Yeah, I liked that show almost as much as LBT.  When I was 6, I think they only had LBT 1-5...perhaps to 6.  I couldn't live off of just 5-6 movies ya know. :lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Actually, Malte, its the same company that made both shows, that's why the bear character looks alike in both shows.  Never watched Little Bear, but I did watch Franklin for a bit.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha I used to watch him too y'all :D!  But no animated program could ever top LBT, at least in my book ;).

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
But no animated program could ever top LBT, at least in my book.

Amen to that!  LBT is the totally best animated film/films ever! :D