The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think it a good show it's about Logging premered last night on the history channel. It is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. And they don't like to be called lumberjacks. You can die just getting to work at work or comming home.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Mar 10 2008 on  11:05 PM
You can die just getting to work at work or comming home.
 :blink: I definately would not like that job.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mornai,Mar 11 2008 on  01:57 AM
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Mar 10 2008 on  11:05 PM
You can die just getting to work at work or comming home.
:blink: I definately would not like that job.
I wouldn't either the main reason why is while going to work the logging trucks have the right of way they will not stop it's YOU who has to pull over be it by a cliff or ditch.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like a a very dangerous job just getting to work.   Sounds also like it would be safer if they gave the workers trailers to live in that are right at work so they could just walk to work.   When the area is logged out and they have to move to log to a new area, the house trailers get moved there too.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Mar 11 2008 on  10:51 PM

I wouldn't either the main reason why is while going to work the logging trucks have the right of way they will not stop it's YOU who has to pull over be it by a cliff or ditch.
I could imagine crashing over a cliff, and it's not a pretty sight. :lol

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mornai,Mar 12 2008 on  01:25 PM
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Mar 11 2008 on  10:51 PM

I could imagine crashing over a cliff, and it's not a pretty sight. :lol
It wouldn't be. Now try imagining driver a semi loaded with 50,000+ tons of mining equitment over a road made of ice and being able to hear the ice crakle while driving over it.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't even want to think about the outcome of that. :(