The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What do you think happened to Spike's parents?

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I remember when I was a kid and had no idea how dinosaur species worked... I assumed Rooter had been his father, and his speech on "Not all of us arrive together in the end" was also in regards to his long lost son.  I mean hey, they were both green and had horns, right?  They MUST be related...

Of course now I know that can't be, but I do feel like at least Rooter was someone who lost someone dear to him.  

Anyways sorry that's not what this topic is about... IMO they either died or just headed off without him maybe thinking that the egg would never hatch.  As Ducky said, he was late.  At least he'll always have Ducky's family.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think maybe the last option in the poll is correct.  It may be, who knows.  ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^that option just asked to be voted just for the lolz :p

Spike parents more than likely died either in the earthshake or got killed by a sharptooth. We'll never know more than that and I'm fine with it :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
hmmm, maybe if the tv series returns, maybe an episode on how spike's parents died/what happened to them/where are they now?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
At the moment it's more than unlikely that the tv-series ever gets continued. But true they could do that but they'd also have to do it for Cera's mother and siblings, Ducky's father (we see him in LBT 5 but he was never given any lines) or Petrie's father.
Inactive, probably forever.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I think it's safe to assume that Spike's biological parents are dead. Otherwise they wouldn't abandon their egg (which lay in a nest, BTW. It didn't get lost or got carried away).

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The opportunity for Spike’s parents to make an appearance was The Big Freeze. In fact, that was a perfect writing opportunity to have Spike choose between his adoptive mom (Ducky’s Mom)  and his own birth parents. Alas, this story arch was not explored, so I am left to surmise that Spike’s folks have either perished in The Great Earthshake, or they are featured oneday in a sequel (highly unlikely IMHO).

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith