The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Simba King Of Pride Rock

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/
I didn't see a thread for this, so I went and made it.

Anyway, this is a thread devoted to the 2003 X-Box and PC Bioware-made RPG game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, a part of the SW expanded universe/legends. For those not familiar with it, it is the tale of a character called Revan, who, though officially a male in eu/legends material, can be customized as either male or female in-game. It is set four thousand years before the events of the Star Wars films and won dozens of game of the year awards in its time. Here are some photos of action in the game:

Note: Mods, if you have a problem with it, I will remove the images.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I really enjoyed this game.  The only problem I have with the game, and likely it's one of those magical problems only I have, is starting about half way into the game I gradually had less and less control over Revan.  For most of the game that was no real problem since I would just use Jolee Bindo as my main character and ignore Revan, except where I had to do Revan then I'd have to deal with my increasing inability to control him.  In the final boss battle it was awful since I could control Revan only 20% of the time. Luckily I far saw this may be a problem so I maxed out the heavy armor and the skill that increases the hit points you heal when using med kits.  Though even then I'd have to have Revan run to the other side of the room when his hit points reached half since getting him to go away from the boss was almost impossible, and he would never use any mid kits if the boss was close. By the time I got Revan to the other side of the room his hit points would be down to about 5%.  only then would reven use med kits.  The fight was very annoying.  It was such that while he was fighting the final boss I could and did take my hand off the mouse and Revan would just keep fighting.  

apart from the gradual loss to control Revan, I really enjoyed the rest of the game.  I do agree with Jolee Bindo that certain force skills are not automatically dark side, it's the intent, not the skill.  So if you use sith lightning to stun someone, short out their blaster, short out droids attacking you, I'd say those are not tapping into the dark side.  Using it to torment and kill yes.

Simba King Of Pride Rock

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jul 1 2015 on  09:47 AM
I really enjoyed this game.  The only problem I have with the game, and likely it's one of those magical problems only I have, is starting about half way into the game I gradually had less and less control over Revan.  For most of the game that was no real problem since I would just use Jolee Bindo as my main character and ignore Revan, except where I had to do Revan then I'd have to deal with my increasing inability to control him.  In the final boss battle it was awful since I could control Revan only 20% of the time. Luckily I far saw this may be a problem so I maxed out the heavy armor and the skill that increases the hit points you heal when using med kits.  Though even then I'd have to have Revan run to the other side of the room when his hit points reached half since getting him to go away from the boss was almost impossible, and he would never use any mid kits if the boss was close. By the time I got Revan to the other side of the room his hit points would be down to about 5%.  only then would reven use med kits.  The fight was very annoying.  It was such that while he was fighting the final boss I could and did take my hand off the mouse and Revan would just keep fighting.  

apart from the gradual loss to control Revan, I really enjoyed the rest of the game.  I do agree with Jolee Bindo that certain force skills are not automatically dark side, it's the intent, not the skill.  So if you use sith lightning to stun someone, short out their blaster, short out droids attacking you, I'd say those are not tapping into the dark side.  Using it to torment and kill yes.
Interesting take, Kor. I love the game too. I actually use Force lightning all the time as one of my main powers, though I am a light side player. I use it only for defense and against droid enemies.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I recall using force lightning also,  had it maxed out, if you can upgrade force skills.  I recall with Jolee I had him and some of the others use it a lot.  

Though with my main character I used the stun, destroy droid power too.  I picked the class, forgot it's name, that got the most force powers, since my plan was to do that to try out the various force powers since it was my first time playing the game.

Simba King Of Pride Rock

• Spike
    • View Profile
My other powers of choice are lightsaber throw, Force push, Force stun and Force drain. I use the lightsaber throw to major effect in the final fight to free the Jedi in stasis.