The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Redoing Sleep and Remember

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll put up a profile up for Skye at some point in time....so you guys have an idea on how she acts like XD

But yeah, I take it'll start up in the next day or so...or something along those lines?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pangaea wanted to wait a little bit because of a issue with a character but I guess we could go ahead and start the RP.  The earthquake doesn't have to happen right at the beginning.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay, well, if he wants to wait, then we can still wait, I don't mind at all.

But I do have to agree as well, the Earthquake doesn't actually have to happen, as you said, at the begining of the RP....to be honest, I do think it would be best to give it a page or so before it does happen....you know, not rush it so much ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm easy with starting things now or waiting for a bit.  I guess you'll mention when it starts and post  a link here?  

Still not sure which of my chars to use but no biggie.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess mainly teens would fit into the rp since I think most of the chars so far are teenager?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Assuming this thread is the one we will continue to use to discuss the RP, I think we should discuss the matter of posting order here (as well as any other present and future issues, such as which characters to use).

As MrDrake and Kor pointed out, there has been no previous mention this RP having a set order in which players should post. While a posting order might help prevent certain members from falling behind, there are only seven people participating in this RP; not a lot to keep track of. Plus, not all of us post at the same rate; some might need to post more in order to keep up with the story than others. As you've probably noticed, I am an exceedingly slow poster, both in making new posts and in "covering ground" with each post (there are also factors that are presently making me reluctant to post at all), and I can't guarantee that I'll always have material to post. While I'd like to try to keep up with everyone else who's posting, I think having everyone waiting up for me all the time would mostly serve to slow down the RP (At the moment I could probably be ready for the Earthshake in three or four more posts).

Furthermore, some RPers, such as myself and Kor, do not interact much with other players; most of our posts will likely consist of our own characters talking to each other. That's not to say that we can't or won't interact with other RPers (though I can only speak for myself in that regard), but it means that we don't have to be absolutely synchronized with everyone else. (I'm personally planing on having my characters travel alone for a long time before they meet up with any of the other players.)

Of course, F-14's the boss here; if he thinks that a posting order is a good idea, I'm not one to argue. If that's the case, however, we should know WHAT exactly that posting order is.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I may not post till I hear from F14 one way or the other if there is a post order and what it exactly is if there is one.  I wouldn't want to post out of order and then start the habbit I'd have to remember to break later on.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Where is everybody?  Nobody's posted in a long time.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I was waiting for 1 or 2 others to post.  I'll post later tonight.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
General Grievous said that he was waiting for StarfallRaptor to post. Even if there's no posting order, I think a lot of us prefer to space our posts out. My main reason is that, since I write such long posts, I like to make sure that everyone else has the chance to read each one I make before I post the next one. Another reason I can imagine is that it helps ensure against the other RPers falling behind. But since it's been over half a month since I last posted, I'll just add another one right now.

It might be a good idea for someone to PM StarfallRaptor and remind him about the RP. (I was thinking of doing it myself.)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is he on often?  Maybe a pm or an email if he does not visit here very often.