The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time: The Second Stone of Cold Fire

LBTFan13 · 276 · 25481

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim remained laying down resting as she chewed on a few leaves.  "How is everyone doing this morning?" She asked looking around.

"Fine." Littlefoot said getting up.

"Wanting to sleep a bit more, yes I do." Ducky said as she got up.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine still felt a little uneasy. Was that really a dream I had? Did it really happen? He knew he couldn't let the others know because then they would be even more worried. Just relax. Just don't think about it. "We should head out soon. Who knows where that stone landed."

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail looked at Zaine and smiled as he said "Don't worry I'm sure we'll get to the stone first...not too many herds believe in these types of stories...so we have a great lead on just about everybody!"

Cyrix smiled and said "I do think my nephew has a point, so for those of you who need more rest, take another few moments while I take a look around for any signs of trouble."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Good idea about resting.  We'll have to pace ourselves to not overtire ourselves." Mim said.  "We'll have to keep the look out for any sort of danger." She said.  

"I hope we can find a good spot for each night." Littlefoot said.  He looked around, "We can cope with any danger that happens." he said confidently.

Ducky nods, "Even the scary ones, we can." She said.

"That is a good attitude to have." Mim said nodding.  "How does everyone else feel?" She asked as she looked around at the others.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail blinked and said "I'm ready to go Aunt Mim." The flyer then stretched as he said "But I suppose I'll go with Uncle Cyrix to keep things safe." The two of them began to walk around the group checking every bush, rock and crack in the ground just to be safe and ensure the groups protection.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Ptyra: I'm certainly ready to sleep...plus I'm starting to ache a bit from my injuries
Petrie yawns widely
Petrie: Me agree

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods, "Maybe we can eat a bit or get some water till they return." Mim suggested.  Littlefoot and Ducky went over to a nearby bush, after Cyrix and Longtail had checked it, and started to eat some of the leaves there.  Mim finished the few that she already had.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "Yeah, I'm a little hungry also. I guess we can stick around a little bit and eat." Zaine walked over to a low bush and began chewing on the leaves. One particular leaf he was after started to fall, and then a light breeze carried it through the air. Oh no you don't. Zaine smiled and chased after the leaf, running around the others. He kind of felt silly, but he didn't care. At the moment, he wanted the leaf. Just then,the breeze died down, and the leaf fell into a nearby pond. "Darn," Zaine sighed. "Oh well."

Suddenly, the pond began to form ripples. Surprised, Zaine lowerd his head to get a better look. What he saw was a glimpse of the stone of cold fire. "The stone..." It shined bright blue and made a crackling sound. The pond began to change, but this time Zaine saw a massive volcano. It hadn't erupted yet, but smoke was coming out the top. Zaine noticed the stone resting on the hill leading to the top of the volcano. "The Smoking Mountains..." Zaine couldn't believe what he was seeing. "The stone is at the Smoking Mountains." At that moment, he began to hear a voice in his mind. This voice was one he did not expect to hear, and he hadn't heard this voice in a long time.

"Son... Listen to your heart and you shall hear me..." Zaine was shocked to hear this.

"Mother?"

"You must not let the stone fall into the wrong hands... It's power can be used for great evil if given the chance..."

"Mother? How is this possible?"

[I]"I am always with you Zaine... Listen to your heart, and you will know the way...:[/I] At that moment, the voice vanished, and the pond calmed. Zaine looked around, waiting for the voice to come back.

"Mother?" he called out. "Mother!?" but it was no use. Zaine sighed and lowered his head. "What did she mean by falling into the wrong hands?" Then he remembered. "The egg eaters..." Zaine rushed back to the group.

"Guys! I know where the stone is! It landed at the Smoking Mountains! We have to leave now!"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
At the sound of Zaine calling out both Cyrix and Longtail both looked up from the patrol they were doing, as Longtail asked "Zaine how do you know where it is? I mean we all saw it fall, but how do you know exactly where it is?"

Cyrix walked over and said "I'm sure Zaine will tell us if you give him the chance."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"It's too hard to explain, but the punchline is I saw it in my mind. I think the stone is trying to make a connection with me, but I can't really tell for sure. Whatever the case, that's where I saw the stone."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Then we best head there right now before anyone else gets there." Littlefoot said, ready to set out at once.  

"Hmm." Mim said thinking, "It may be an advisable course of action, if everyone is ready." She said looking around at the others present.

"Even before we get a eat a little?" Ducky asked.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine realized that some of them were still hungry. He wanted to get to the stone really fast, but noneof them would be able to keep up with him in this state. "I'm sorry Ducky. We can wait a few more minutes if some of you are still hungry. As soon as your done, we need to move!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Perhaps we can move, and get some food as we go by grabbing some leaves and such as we go hear them." Mim suggested.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well in that case..." said Longtail pausing long enough to jump onto Cyrix's back and flapping his wings he took to the sky, turned around and said "If you are really worried Zaine I can always fly ahead as a scout."

"Absolutely not!" cried Cyrix "But uncle aren't you the one always telling me that flyers were made for recon work? That's what I'm doing!" Cyrix then looked to Mim and said "Please talk some sense into the boy! He won't listen to me!"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine shook his head. "You uncle is right Longtail. It's too dangerous for you to go alone. Besides, I don't want..." he stopped right before he finished his sentence and hesitated. He remembered Ozzy's threat, and he didn't want to let it slip that they were following him. What should I do? I have to tell them about the egg eaters, but I can't without getting them in danger. Then he thought of an idea.

"Longtail, can I talk to you privately for a second?" He looked over to the others. "Littlefoot, can you come also?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail was upset, but nodded to Zaine and followed him away from the rest of the group, hoping this would be important.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sure." Littlefoot said and walked over to where Zaine was wondering what he wanted to talk about.

Ducky nods, "If you got hurt we may not be able to find you, or get to you very quickly, no we may not." Ducky said with concern in her voice.

Mim nodded, "Scouts are important, but going alone is not very safe.  It may be safe to fly straight up to look ahead.  What do you think Cyrix." She asked him.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine led Littlefoot and Longtail to a small clearing not too far from the group. Once he felt that he was alone with them, he turned to them. "Listen guys. There's something I wanted to tell you back there, but I was too scared to say anything." He hesitated at first, but he realized he could not keep this a secret. "I think we might be in trouble. Those egg eaters that I saw before we left the valley are following us. They're using us to try and get the stone. They kidnapped me last night and threatened to hurt you guys if I told anyone they were around, but I can't take it anymore. I'm worried about you guys. I don't want you to get hurt on my account."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix smiled and said "Finally someone who is talking some sense! Yes that is a good..." but Cyrix stopped short as he realized that Zaine, Longtail, and Littlefoot had walked off, but were still visible. And he continued by saying "Perhaps we'll tell him once he is done talking."

Longtail however just grinned and replied "I was wondering why I was getting that foul smelling stink in the air. It must be those stupid egg stealers...they do tend to smell bad especially when they're being stupid."