The Land Before Time > 1988 Theatrical Release

Changes you would have made to the film

<< < (2/12) > >>

Ducky123:
Ah.. the outcut scenes... our holy grail :p

--- Quote ---I would definitely have made the film longer. There's apparently a lost scene where Littlefoot sneaks off and finds the Great Valley, and he urges the rest on, and accidentally leads them to the cliff above the wasteland where Cera says "This is your Great Valley?" I really wish they would have made it longer. It's way too short a movie. Also, Don Bluth himself wasn't even happy with the final cut of the film.
--- End quote ---
Yes, you are right :) However, Littlefoot sneaked off after he lead them to that wasteland. After the fight, there is the scene of the Smoking Mountains until Ducky and Spike get separated from Cera and Petrie. Then, as you can assume from the soundtrack, there is this very calm choral music that is also used in the edited version we all are familiar with... It's used when Littlefoot sees the clouds looking like a Longneck... Littlefoot might be shown crying in the cut footage. Then he finds the Great Valley, rescues the Gang, gets rid of The Sharptooth and lead them to the Valley :)

CeraTheRed:

--- Quote from: Dalekdino,Feb 26 2014 on  10:09 AM --- Speaking of Petrie, I would have made a scene showing his hatching at the start of the film.
--- End quote ---
I've ALWAYS wanted to see little Petrie hatching. As an adult, I realize how disappointed I was that Petrie is the only one who isn't shown hatching.

Ducky123:
I just noticed that Littlefoot's Grandparents' personalities haven't really been introduced in the first movie... that had to wait until LBT 2 was released. So yeah, would've liked them having a few lines or so or interacting with Littlefoot more.

And I agree, Petrie's birth sure would've been a cute scene :wub

CeraTheRed:

--- Quote from: Ducky123,Feb 27 2014 on  04:03 PM --- I just noticed that Littlefoot's Grandparents' personalities haven't really been introduced in the first movie... that had to wait until LBT 2 was released. So yeah, would've liked them having a few lines or so or interacting with Littlefoot more.

--- End quote ---
I agree. I mean, I love Littlefoot's mom and everything (part of the reason her death is so sad), but in the sequels I got to love Grandpa Longneck, particularly. It would've been nice for them to have more dialogue. Maybe focus on Littlefoot's family as a whole, not just him and his mother.

Dalekdino:

--- Quote from: Ducky123,Feb 27 2014 on  09:03 PM --- I just noticed that Littlefoot's Grandparents' personalities haven't really been introduced in the first movie... that had to wait until LBT 2 was released. So yeah, would've liked them having a few lines or so or interacting with Littlefoot more.

--- End quote ---
Argh yes I just remembered that's something I would have done too. Given Littlefoot's grandma and grandpa more dialog other then just chuckling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version