The Land Before Time > 1988 Theatrical Release

SCRIPT for Original Uncut LBT FOUND!

(1/10) > >>

Hypno:
At long last, the script for the original, raw, uncut TLBT is available for all to see! :wow :wow :wow
Just go here to view the entire thing! :D

edit June 2019: that link no longer works, go here instead for the new .pdf link from the LBT wikia, this will be here virtually forever
Edit by Mumbling: here's the transcribed script, a tad easier to read/search: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12uQ-hzyvk-s-VIbr6MfoX3AaA6rNwsZTEy09zk86Zxo/

The script is from the May 1987 revision and contains never-before-seen scenes of the film and dialogue. We learned that Petrie was originally going to communicate by whistling, that Cera was going to have an even more angry side than in the movie, among many other new discoveries. Due to the sheer amount of info that this script contains, it's going to take a very long time to discuss every change and make them known to others. This may be the biggest news of the decade concerning the deleted scenes (unless you count the Sharptooth storyboards being more major than this), so I want to make it feel like it was worth it for Sneak to purchase it :yes
After the result of:

1. Sneak buying it on Scriptfly for $14.95 US

2. Which I found out about the script being on Scriptfly by asking the user "havesomedisney" on Tumblr (he had the script, he posted bits of it there so I definitely wanted to see the full script for myself)

3. Which I found the Tumblr blog from asking fellow LBT wiki user "Disneysaurus" about where he got the script images he uploaded

4. As he uploaded the script bits to the wiki and didn't post them anywhere, so I asked him where he got them and he told me the Tumblr blog he found them on

This script is finally available to view as a PDF file! While it isn't the absolute greatest news that I could give (the actual scenes themselves, fully animated, would be the biggest news of all) this is one step closer to experiencing the original uncut film in its glory.

I made a topic specifically for the script to specifically discuss the script itself as this is the second-biggest news about the deleted scenes that we could possibly get. So a big question to begin this topic for the script would be; what do you think is the most major discovery that is contained in this script that we were not aware of of before? :)

Flathead770:
I haven't had the chance to look at the script but I just want to give a huge shout out to Sneak for biting the bullet and purchasing the script and to you Hypno for putting the work in to find it. I can't forget about Sovereign either as he wrote the letter for you to use.

Anyways, you guys rock! :)littlefoot

Sovereign:

--- Quote --- I can't forget about Sovereign either as he wrote the letter for you to use.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for remembering me, too. :D Yes, this was a really amazing find as I said on the other thread. For me, the most interesting thing in the script was the original flow of the later part of the film and the exact way the sequence surrounding Littlefoot and Cera's fight was originally going to work. Those parts would have been much darker than what we have today and much more interesting and logical, most likely.

Sneak:
Let's not forget main thing: it's possibly NOT original script, as stated on ScriptFly site itself, it's one of later versions.
So, since work at cartoon was started one year before, and script doesn't contain some known storyboards, as I understand... It's not the most original or uncut version of movie. :D

But yeah, it's amazing find, thanks to that Disney guy! :D

Dalekdino:
Ah brilliant! I was hoping someday the original script would show up, a good way to finally find out how some of the deleted scenes went.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version