The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Some random fanart...

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Well, after what, two weeks, was it? I've finally decided to post some of my fanart here. It's only longnecks at the moment I'm afraid. I have tried drawing the other species of the gang of five, though it didn't come out too great. Petrie was okay, considering I drew him from memory, Ducky I kinda like, but that was with a reference, Spike was "Meh", and Cera... failed.

So, enjoy my drawings, which mostly consists of Littlefoot's grandparents, because they are my favourite characters at the end of the day. Here goes nothing.

So first one:

This is...bleh. It was my first time ever drawing a LBT character, or a dinosaur for that matter, back in November. Well, since I was about 6, anyway. :D I used a screenshot to help me out with this one, but no tracing was done. :) Considering it's a first, I can't say it's the worst thing in the world; I was much worse when I first started with humans, and I never really got any good with that.  :x

Moving on...

Aw, how cute~ Haha, a few people commented on this saying how sweet it was, but I also see a few errors here too. First of all, with the grandparent selves, I really don't get why I made their noses dip downwards when they got closer to the eye, aren't they suppose to be... straighter?  :spit
Oh well, I like how the kiddies came out more. This was intended to be my Christmas/seasonal picture, so I put the transparent grandparents up there looking like the ghosts of Christmas future or something like that. I've always enjoyed "A Christmas Carol".
Also, on young Grandma's hind leg there, eesh. Bit thin, I think. XD

I had drawn Littlefoot and Grandma Longneck together before, but that never made it past the lineart, so I did have a bit of experience drawing younger longnecks. That lineart was also made using a screenshot for reference, but Grandma's head looked really squashed.

Third one:

Pff, this wasn't long after a friend of mine asked what my take on Grandma and Grandpa Longneck's past was. So, the family when Grandma and Grandpa were middle-aged, I suppose. Consisting and Grandma and Grandpa themselves, Grandma's mother, the Old One, Littlefoot's mother and another little one. I didn't really bother with shading and such, since it was just some concept art, but I uploaded it nonetheless.

Final one for now:

My latest and probably my favourite so far. I did a fair bit of experimenting with the background and such, although I didn't really bother with shading it. I just downloaded a load of brushes for GIMP and layered with a load of shades of green. So, they were playing, got tired, and then... oops. Oh noes, their parents found them! :! So, green longneck is Grandma's mother, while the old dude (Old dude? What? :lol:) over there is grandpa's, er, grandpa. Curse of the long snouts, much, mother? And Grandma's snout is a bit long too, for that matter. Mind you, they were longer when I inked them on paper. A lot longer. Thank goodness for digital editing. :slap

I don't know why, I just really like drawing Littlefoot's grandparents as kids, and my friend suggested that I do a fancomic for my take on their past, but I'm still thinking about that one. :lol

I'll upload more fanart as it happens. Feel free to critique, I like get to feedback!

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
MOAR LONGNECK ART!! XDD
You have really captured the grandparents, as well as the whole style of the longneck, and I love the themes you chose. They are all so sweet and sentimental.
Brilliant!!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
YES MOAR... may come soon. Although I would like to draw some sharpteeth/fast biters first.
Whoohoo! I have gone from being extremely gory with humans to calm and sweet with dinosaurs. My personality has changed a lot over the past 6 months. :lol That and really love doing more naturalistic backgrounds than say city type backgrounds. LBT also re-inspired me to draw something, since before I had re-discovered it, I was running out of things to do with my human OCs and I was just plain demotivated.

Glad you like them. I hope I can get more done soon!

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What I love about your work is the cuteness and the quality of shading! You really add life into your characters, simply by shading them so well! :) I've not drawn for an awfully long time, but you're already way better than I was at the very end of my 'drawing' period ;)  Great job! :D

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thanks, Mumbling! Considering I didn't know how to use GIMP properly this time last year, I'd say my art has come a long way. I wasn't really making too much progress art-wise for the majority of the year, and I think the reason for this was because I wasn't very motivated, but I think after I re-discovered it around October/November LBT truly inspired me.

I just took this in small steps. I used screenshots that I like and drew from them to get the feel of it, and it just progressed from there. I'm glad you like it! :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like your drawings! You're really talented! :D My favourite picture is the last one, but dunno why :p   Keep on drawing  :yes :)
Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone! :D I'll try get something else up by next week. As I said, I'll upload it as it comes. It's a bit of a busy time for me right now though; my friend's taking me to London this weekend and then I've got a load of exams to do over the next few weeks which will decide which classes we're in next year. Then by March I need to sort out my options for courses and such, which is pretty important since it's going to decide what I'm going to do career-wise, but I'll probably find time for drawing nonetheless, although I may not be as productive as I'd like (Not like I'm productive anyway XD). :lol

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I don't see much art of Littlefoot's grandparents, so it's good that they get the spotlight every once in a while.  :^.^: I think my favorite is in the third picture in the upper right. That's grandpa, right? The expression on his face is adorably squished. I can't describe it any other way.  :)
Their faces are a bit long, but I think longnecks are some of the hardest to get right (next to swimmers :smile ). Though grandma's snout in the first picture looks about the right length.  :yes

One more thing, in the second picture with young grandma and grandpa, their legs seem a little short for their bodies. But the snow effect is nice.  :)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback, FreckledOne! Yes, I agree that there are indeed some anatomy issues going on here, but hopefully as I keep drawing I'll improve some more. I always seem to notice the mistakes after I upload the drawings. :slap

I honestly thought that longnecks were probably the easiest for me, but that might be because I drew them first.  :lol
I still need to sort out drawing some other species, but so far flyers and young spiketails have come out okay-ish. A sketch of Ducky didn't come out too bad either.

Yes, I thought they were a bit thin too, but I also think that was bad reference (never use an older drawing to help, it doesn't work. :DD). Thanks again for the feedback, and I'll get to those improvements as soon as I can! :D

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Your really good!

I stink at dinosaurs.

I can draw horses,dogs,big cats etc

But dinosuars...nuh ah

One day I'll get it though and I can draw Nahla so I can make her a character file.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yeah, dinosaurs aren't the easiest thing, but I find them easier than humans. I completely fail at them. :lol
I'm glad you like my work.

*Goes through posts*
Eh... Sorry I haven't really drawn anything, guys. I've done a few sketches but they weren't great, and since the start of February things happened and I haven't really been in a good enough mood to draw since. I will try my best to get to it when I can, though. :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Noone forces you to make art anyway :DD

Do art, when you feel like it  :yes

Like Nahla I completely fail at drawing dinasaurs <_<  but I try to improve my drawing skills

I hope you can draw Nahla someday, Nahla, so we can see how she really looks like :)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
^^
Yeah, I guess so. Sometimes I really just need a break. Funnily enough, this happened the same time last year! :DD

It's good to start by using screenshots to help you get used to the body shape of the characters, and keep practising until you can start doing it from scratch.

And Nahla, I was thinking, this may not happen the way things are going right now, but how would you feel if I did a lineart for Nahla, and you can colour it in (or you can just give me a few colour schemes and I'll be happy to do it for you)? I may not be able to get show her being very underweight too well, but I'll give it a go if you want me to. It might take a while, though. It depends on my mood. :yes
It also depends if you think my skills are up to the job, but let me know if you want it done, and I'll try my best. :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Great idea! You really should do this :)

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sure you can draw Nahla,she pink and white she looks like  marshmallow.

I'll rather a picture of her to not be underweight,underweight is just a Shadowlander trait she has for the first part of the story I have for her.

She pink body,white underbelly,white patch on black,white blaze (like a horse),white up to her knees and blue eyes.

she looks like a pink and white marshmallow.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I'll rather a picture of her to not be underweight,underweight is just a Shadowlander trait she has for the first part of the story I have for her.

That makes my life a bit easier, then. :lol

That's good, since I need an idea of something to draw. I'll get the lineart done first and see what you think Nahla, and then we'll discuss the colours and patches a in a bit more detail then. :yes

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Evenin' everyone. Since I haven't posted art here in a loooong time, I thought I should at least show a sketch or something. Here it is:

I drew Nahla for, well, Nahla! It's just a rough sketch for now. I'll probably make a bunch of amendments (like those friggin' feet!) and then a load more on the computer. Hopefully I'll show the coloured version soon. :DD
Dang, I'm outta practice. :lol

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nahla!  :D

She has such a dark past but she awesome,she the life of the RP.