The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Fanfic

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well it's that time again. I have become inspired to write another fanfic on our precious fun loving dinosaurs! My Anime Rangers story is being set aside because I don't really feel like continuing it at the moment.

I AM STUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know which story I should write first! Eventually I will write both of them, but not at the same time. If you could vote and tell me which story you would like me to write first, I would really appreciate it!

Here is a short description of what my idea for each story is:

Revenge II - Pretty self explanitory. This is the sequel to my first fanfic. Once again, Littlefoot's friends are in danger and it's up to him to save them. I won't tell you who is the kidnapper and who are the kidnapped because that is a surprise :lol

Salvation or Extermination - I found this idea in the Crossover Concept Forum, and I though it would be cool! This will be in one of two forms. Either a crossover with the Terminator, or heavily structured like Terminator. I'm still thinking of lagistics with it, but I must say I'm excited for this one!

Other Idea - If you don't like either idea, or if you would lie to suggest one for me, then choose this one.

I need input from as many people as possible! Please vote :wave

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I'd go with the sequel to Revenge.

I loved that story so much.

You also sent me this PM (on FF.net):

Quote from: REMKFAN01 (LBTFan13) on  
i enjoy reading your fanfic so much! i've actually been inspired to write my own version of the war between good versus evil in the land before time. i was
just wondering though, am i allowed to use this concept, or will you consider
it copying, because i've been wanting to make a fanfic around that idea for a
while now, but i still need to finish my current one. if you won't allow me to
write it, then i fully understand. keep up the great work!

Do you plan to write a fan fic based on this idea? It would be nice to see some more LBT war fics. If you do this, please don't take too much from Twilight Valley.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like you are still working out the details of the Extermination one.  If the Revenge 2 one is a sequel and you have the details worked out it may be easier to write that one so maybe best to start writing on that one while working out the details and such of the Extermination one.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Definitely go with Revenge II :yes!  It would be so cool to have Littlefoot and Cera work as a team even more this time to save their friends :idea.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well it seems the majority would like to see Revenge II first..........................

DONE!

I shall begin Revenge II as soon as possible :D

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 And good luck with your fanfic, I guess the poll will help you organize your ideas and the order in which your stories will be written :DD .

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Skip the poll because it is an old post, and I'm posting in here to prevent spamming.

I really need your input here guys, so please leave me your comments and your opinions.

Well I'm nearing the end of LBT Revenge II, so eventually I will start writing yet another fanfic. However, like before, I am completely stuck. I have a bunch of ideas as to what I would like to write, but I am unsure of what to do. So here are the options and what I have planned for them:

LBT Revenge III
Well this is an obvious option. This will be the final entry in the Revenge Trilogy. After this, any and all other LBT stories that I right will not be in this cannon, so dead characters will be alive and such. I haven't got the entire plot down, but I do have the idea as to who the villain is, which I will not spoil, who is kidnapped, who I will also not spoil, and the death of an important character, which again I will not spoil. However, I will declare that Rhett, Hyp, Hyp's father, and Ruby will not be in the story because there are too many characters for me to keep track of. I have also not decided as to whether or not Shorty and Ali will be in the story. Although I will not kill any of these characters off, I will merely come up with something for them to keep them busy while the other characters are off on the rescue mission.

LBT Zaine's Story
I have actually wanted to do this for a while, but this will pretty much explain the backstory of how Zaine got to the Great Valley and what happened to his herd. I have not thought of a plot, but everytime I think of this story I get even more excited about it.

LBT Second Stone of Cold Fire
Well this kind of popped into my head last night. Because we never finished the story of the Second Stone of Cold Fire through the rp's, I figured I would just finish it as one giant fanfic. Now I am considering using new dialogue, as in re-writing the story, or I will use the RP as a source. If that is the case, then I will be asking people for permission to use their OC's in the story, as well as general ideas as to how the character would act. Of course, I would only use those characters that were heavily active throughout the RP.

LBT Terminator Crossover
Well I had this idea before, but I kind of forgot about it. Now that I thought about it, I came up with a more plausible plot. Of course, it would use the Stone of Cold Fire, but not the entire stone, but two halves of it. This would obviously be an alternate universe story, but I would base it completely off of Terminator. I would have a war raging on between the leaf eaters of the Great Valley and the Mysterious Beyond. The Mysterious Beyond would send a sharptooth into the past to kill the leader of the Great Valley forces, an older Littlefoot (not sure if he will be a young adult or regular adult). Littlefoot would then send somebody back to the past to protect Littlefoot (either a fast biter who had switched sides or another leaf eater). The rest would be chaos. I keep getting more excited about this story now that I think about it.

Well anyway, these are my ideas for my next fanfic. Take a look at them, tell me what you think I should do next, and give me any suggestions for any of these stories. I will gladly take whatever you guys come up with and consider using them.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan13,Oct 12 2009 on  10:42 PM
LBT Terminator Crossover
Well I had this idea before, but I kind of forgot about it. Now that I thought about it, I came up with a more plausible plot. Of course, it would use the Stone of Cold Fire, but not the entire stone, but two halves of it. This would obviously be an alternate universe story, but I would base it completely off of Terminator. I would have a war raging on between the leaf eaters of the Great Valley and the Mysterious Beyond. The Mysterious Beyond would send a sharptooth into the past to kill the leader of the Great Valley forces, an older Littlefoot (not sure if he will be a young adult or regular adult). Littlefoot would then send somebody back to the past to protect Littlefoot (either a fast biter who had switched sides or another leaf eater). The rest would be chaos. I keep getting more excited about this story now that I think about it.
I thought of doing something like this too, only it had a very complex plot.

In the future the LDF (leaf eater defense force) invents an AI called Skynet to help them beat the evil Sharptooth corporation known as Tyron.

When the LDF starts losing the war, Skynet sends a Terminator back in time to eliminate Tyron by rallying the leaf-eaters against the sharpteeth in hopes of taking out the fathers of the corporation.

Unfortunately this mission turns into a protection one, when Skynet's Terminator is forced to protect the Great Valley against Tyron's Time Runners.

To add to the plot foolery, Skynet betrays the LDF and uses it's own weapons to erase it's populations from existance.  LDF strikes an alliance with Tyron, who also suffered Skynet's betrayal.

Needless to say it would have been really interesting, but I decided to do Far Away Home instead.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Dude, are you really considering the Terminator idea? I think I posted one a year ago or something. If you are, that's awesome!

• Spike
    • View Profile
deffinatly pich the terminator fic, that would be wicked :smile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Actually, I'm in favor of seeing the final installment of the "Revenge" trilogy first.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well I am currently underway with Revenge III, but once again, I am stuck on deciding what I would want to write for my next Fanfic. I will not be done Revenge III for a bit, but just so we have them down, here are the choices I am deciding between. Again, skip the poll because it's an old one.

LBT Zaine's Story - Again, this would be the back story of my OC. I still would have to figure some stuff out, but I think I have an idea at least of how to proceed.

LBT Second Stone of Cold Fire - Again, based off of the unfinished RP. If I am allowed to, I will use other OC's, otherwise just rewrite what we have done in the RP so far.

LBT Sonic Crossover - This just kind of popped into my brain a couple minutes ago. I haven't really done a crossover ever, so I thought maybe I could give it a try. I would really have to think this one out to get a good feel of how it would go, but just for the heck of it it sounded interesting to me.

Anime Rangers - Well on a note aside from LBT, I had started this a while ago but never went through with it because I ended up starting Revenge II. Now after I think more about it, I wouldn't mind trying this again. Again, I would have to think this through, but I think I could come up with a valid story.

I thought long and hard about the Terminator Crossover and decided that it would be too complicated for me to write out. I might consider it later on, but for now I'm putting it in the vault.

So let me know what you guys think about these ideas.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I personally would like to see either Zaine's story...or The second Stone of Cold fire....as that RP left alot of possibilities unaccounted for...and had amazing potential. :smile

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd love to see the Sonic cross, just to see what you'd do with it. :)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: jedi472,Apr 13 2010 on  07:55 PM
I'd love to see the Sonic cross, just to see what you'd do with it. :)
I second this :exactly.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I haven't followed your other stories much (frankly because they're not the kind of LBT fanfics I enjoy :oops), but I would be very interested to see Zaine's Story. :yes There are a lot of OCs out there, but as far as I know, not many stories detailing their lives, origins, experiences, etc.

I'm not familiar with the Stone of Cold Fire RP you speak of, so I don't have an opinion for that. I generally prefer a more "LBT-typical" fanfic, however, and if this RP is heavily war or science fiction oriented, I'd prefer the story about your OC. :p

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
^^That's okay. I didn't really expect everybody to like my fanfics. I'm just glad for the people that do enjoy them.

The Second Stone of Cold Fire RP really had my OC Zaine seeing a possible Stone of Cold Fire fly and land somewhere unknown. Ozzie and Strut go after it, so Zaine and a bunch of others go after it as well. It's no really a "war" story per say, but it does have some fights in it. Also, the only reason why it could be considered "sci-fi" is because the stone might actually have powers this time. The alien rainbowfaces would not make an appearance this time around.

So far people have expressed interest in the Sonic Crossover, the RP, and my OC's story. Interesting choices, then again I'm not surprised either. Those would have been my top 3 choices as well.