The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers 2: Survival of the Fittest

Serris · 1232 · 73066

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton followed the others. "We don't want to search around for a translator or maybe unencrypted information?" he asked. "This is our best chance yet to find some good stuff on Dragonstorm."

(OOC: I remember Mirumoto mentioned sometime back that Dragonstorm is somehow leaving the base in thirty minutes. That might be a good thing for our heroes to find out.)

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
(OOC:  It was either 30 minutes or 3 hours when transports will come to remove Dragonstorm.)

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Srgt. Clyco entered the control room behind Zachary, Dr. Zanasiu, and Corpral Stern.

As the machine gun turrets activated he finally felt safe - and sat down in an empty operator's seat.  He clicked open the magazine of his experiemental rifle, which he still didn't know anything about, and set about trying to figure out what it was good for.

Half way through disassembly Clyco was amazed that nobody in the room had asked him about it yet.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Dr. Bradley saddled up next to him. "Say, that looks pretty expensive. I work in Experimental Weaponry, and I can tell a prototype when I see it. What is that?"

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
With a final click Clyco reassembled the rifle, and looked up to answer,

"Well actually I'm not entirely sure about..."

"I am a Pisces Model IV Spectrum Rifle, one of four prototypes, and my database shows that I am currently registered with the US Army Corps experimental weapons division selection #17."

The Srgt. was amazed as the gun answered the question for him. He knew it had an automated response system inside from the earlier targetting of the doctor and his group, but he didn't know it was an AI.

Clyco shrugged at Dr. Bradley, there was nothing else he could add.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(OOC - It was 3 hours.)

Delta Leader nodded. "I'm on it."

She then rushed to the cell block only to find all but 1 cell open, that 1 cell flooded and with 2 guards in it.

Delta leader immediately freed the two guards.

"What the hell happened?!" she demanded.

"The two scientists in this cell ambushed us and escaped." the first guard said. His eyes were still closed.

She turned to the other guard. "Lead him to the infirmary." She then turned to her squad. "Find and kill them."

She and her squad then moved out of the cell block.

--------------------------------

Dr. Bailey nodded. "There was in fact a firefight between us and the previous control admin, Dr. Branston, and his technicians."

--------------------------------

"We're totally unarmed. There's a very good chance that the scientists here are armed." Dr. Kerzach said.

"I hear footsteps." Alfred said.

"We'll have to steal some weapons then." Hans replied.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Dr. Bradley was impressed. "Pisces AI, please register Dr. Fenton Bradley, US Military Base Pelvanida, Experimental Weaponry senior scientist. If security clearance is sufficient, please disclose unit specifications and capabilities."

"Keep that pepper spray handy until then," Shelton said, making sure to keep Kerzach between him and the footsteps.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Kerzach shook the can. "It's almost empty; I used quite a bit on that guard."

Alfred simply flexed his muscles.

Hans nodded. "I am trained in close quarters battle techniques."

The footsteps faded away and Werner looked outside. "Let's get moving."

The group then darted down to another hallway. Near the hallway was a sealed door. Everyone was crouched behind some empty 55 gallon drums of lubricant.

"Think that's the armory but we need some way to get in." Dr. Kerzach said.

As he spoke a wiry Ostrich, quite obviously a Dragonstorm scientist, walked down the halls. As he passed the maintainence hallway, Dr. Kerzach leapt from behind the drums and pepper sprayed the scientist, causing him to collapse to the ground in agony. Dr. Kerzach quickly gagged the scientist with his hands. "Hans, some help?"

Hans came out and strangled the scientist before his screaming could alert anyone else.

Dr. Kerzach took the man's ID card and opened the armory. Inside were a multitude of weapons.

"Wow." Alfred said. He grabbed his favorite weapon, a Remington 870 shotgun and an ammo pouch which he filled with shells.

Hans and Werner grabbed H&K MP7 submachine guns and several magazines of ammo.

"You'll need a weapon." Werner said to Dr. Kerzach.

"I can't shoot." Dr. Kerzach said.

Werner handed a Beretta Px4 Storm pistol and several magazines to Shelton. "For you."

Alfred, Werner and Hans were busy loading their weapons.

"What about the dead scientist?" Werner asked.

"Shove him in one of those barrels." Alfred replied.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"You don't know me well enough yet?" Shelton put on a chest holster and hid the pistol under his coat. "I'm not endangering any lives by firing this thing, but I will hold onto it in case one of you needs a swap-out later during a firefight."

(OOC: If you ever need Shelton's pistol, just ask for it and then you can write that he silently passes it over.)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Kerzach nodded. "You don't need to fire it. If you need to, you can threaten a scientist or a worker with the pistol. If things get ugly, Hans, Werner or Alfred will step in."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: Oh. I don't know my weaponry names very well, and assumed it was a rifle. You can change it back; a pistol actually makes more sense to give to a scientist. Don't the rules say a scientist can't carry heavy arms?)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - Rifles are considered small arms. I removed the rule about scientists not being able to use heavy weapons because I had Zachary <classed as a scientist> using a bazooka then an RPG in the original RP. I will indeed change it back to a pistol.)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: You'll need to change Kerzach's line about intimidation too. Hmm. Maybe somebody will underestimate Shelton in the future, thinking he's unarmed...)

"Yeah, and then the worker or scientist shoots me," said Shelton. "But I admit I do feel a little better with, if nothing else, a hard object to club people with."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - Hey, a reference to Schroedinger's Prisoner's where Shelton pistol-whips Zanasiu.)

"I doubt the janitors, mechanics or cooks are armed." Dr. Kerzach said, "But it isn't uncommon for scientists to carry pistols, even before the terrorist attack. Hell, I knew some scientists who kept shotguns or rifles in a closet in their lab."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So whats the plan? Sit here and wait// or do we do sonething to help" Aisha said, getting bored with just suiiting around.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The door finally opened wide enough for the human to angle a small mirror into the fusion reactor room...only to have the mirror shot out of her hand by a heavy bullet round.  She cursed and reached for a grenade, pulling the pin and tossing it through the crack...

Aiko and Feral immediately took cover as the grenade bounced twice before exploding. Thankfully, it was not close enough to the generators or Aiko's equipment.

"What was that for?!" the Cobra hissed.  "You could have killed us if it had hit a generator!"

"Well see if you don't get pissed if someone nearly blown your damn hand off!"

"Vic, Snow," Feral called in via radio.  "I need someone down here to give some cover!"

----------

"Neku's still in critical, Commander," Vic replied as he got back to the experiments.  "Snow and Shade could be able to help you out."

"...Send Shade.  His powers are less hazardous in the power room."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Bailey shook his head. "We can't go searching for them. We could walk right into an ambush."

"Wait, there's one place they could be if they were captured. I found a passage in the freezer that could only be opened with a keycard." Dr. Zanasiu said.

Dr. Bailey grinned. "So all we need to do is find a scientist, steal their keycard, enter through the passageway and free the group?"

Dr. Zanasiu nodded.

Dr. Bailey immediately bought up a map of the cafeteria. "If there is a passage behind the freezer. You're totally on your own. The sensors and map don't show anything other than a solid wall."

"It's a risk we'll have to take. " Zachary said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton made sure the pistol was secure and not readily visible underneath his coat. "Where now?" he asked. "It'd be a shame if we left without taking advantage of how far we've penetrated their defenses. Plus with all this firepower we could probably take anything that comes our way."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - Anyone can take Dr. Gallo for the fight vs. Dr. Kerzach)

Alfred and Hans had finished stuffing the dead scientist into the drum. The group then continued down the hallway.

"I'd say go for a lab." Dr. Kerzach said as soon as they were finished disposing of the dead scientist.

After a few minutes of walking through the rather empty halls; Dr. Kerzach noticed a name plate on a door. It read "Dr. Bradley Gallo".

He gently pushed the door open. There was no response. Alfred, Werner and Hans swept the room with their SMGs. The room was totally empty.

"Alfred, Werner, Hans. Stand guard." Dr. Kerzach said. "Shelton, see if the main lab has some data. I'll take the office."

Alfred, Werner and Hans did as they were told.

Meanwhile, Dr. Kerzach entered the office. He gulped as he realized that the door automatically shut behind him. He then started rooting through the desk drawer. All that he found was writing utensils, paper clips and other assorted office materials.

Unfortunately, he got a very rude surprise when he opened the tall cabinet and a tall dark brown Sussex Chicken suddenly exploded from the cabinet, knocking Dr. Kerzach to the ground and pinning him.

"Get out of my lab, Kerzach!" the Chicken shouted.

"Why should I? You're the one running illegal experiments, Gallo!" Dr. Kerzach countered. "And how the hell do you know my name?!"

"Simple, Hicks told me about you!" Dr. Gallo replied.

Dr. Kerzach said nothing but instead pecked Dr. Gallo in the face, drawing blood and forcing Dr. Gallo to release him.

Dr. Kerzach then leapt to his feet and tried to open the door but Dr. Gallo tackled him and began punching him.

Dr. Kerzach took several punches to the face before he managed to knee Dr. Gallo in the stomach, allowing him to peck Dr. Gallo several times forcing him to let go.

Dr. Kerzach said nothing but leapt at Dr. Gallo, his deadly claws slashing. Dr. Gallo managed to avoid getting stabbed by Dr. Kerzach's claws by quickly leaping backwards. However it was not enough fully avoid his claws: the front of Dr. Gallo's lab coat received two long gashes.  Dr. Gallo then grabbed Dr. Kerzach.

"Think you're the only one with talons?" Dr. Gallo taunted. He then scraped his spur, which he had capped with a metal knife, down Dr. Kerzach's leg.

Luckily, Dr. Kerzach only suffered a light gash running down the entire length of his leg and the fact that his pant leg was almost cut in half. He then got loose by elbowing Dr. Gallo in the stomach repeatedly.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Searching... core clearance granted, welcome Dr. Bradley," The AI addressed the doctor, "fingerprint verification is required for activation sequence."

Clyco got up and relucantly handed the Spectrum Gun to the doctor.  He had been hoping for the chance to try it out, but it looked like he had got his hopes up for nothing. The Doctor would surely insist it be returned to it's proper place.