The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers 2: Survival of the Fittest

Serris · 1232 · 72958

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: Is Rawlson still gpoing to appear? Cause I'd kinda wanted Jeston to be Rawlson, but I didn't know if you had plans for the character.
Also, Marty's keys might be a useful item to have in the future.
Also also, feel free to kill off Jeston. Or do whatever you like to him. Public domain.)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
James received the transmission. "Go, go, go! We've got a situation in Lab 23 and it's critical; the guy sounded like he was dying or something!" He quickly bolted from the room.

"Sorry, for leaving you here but we can't wait for your response." Zachary said as he bolted from the room.  

Hans and Werner entered the room. "We'll guard you two."

Meanwhile, Alfred followed James and Zachary.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - Yes, Rawlson will appear and it will be discovered that his real name is Jeston. Rawlson is a fictional scientist that Jeston used to acquire resources.)

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha and DR Landon raced after James and Zachary.. and tried to keep sight of them.. " So what gloing on in LAb 23? Did you send someone in to check it out? Aisha called out as she rann down the hallway after them..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Dunno, an ADSA member alerted me about it, so it has to be serious." James called.

Hans and Werner were easily keeping up with them. Zachary and James were at the head of the group.

---------------------

Hicks had heard the group running outside the lab. He crouched in a dimly lit section of the lab with his knife at the ready.

---------------------

"We're here." Zachary said, gesturing to a slightly ajar door that read "Lab 23" but the scientists' nameplates were removed..  

Alfred pushed the door open with the muzzle of his shotgun and he noticed the body of Marty in a pool of his own blood. "Holy [censored]!"

"What is it?" James asked. He carefully peeked into the lab. "Oh no! This must be the guy who radioed us."

"Aisha, Dr. Landon, come in. Hans, Werner, Zach guard the door." James said.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha , with Dr Landon close behind her entered. One look at Marty told him all he needed to know.. "He's dead" Landon said sadly, going over and checking for a pulse all the same. He found none after waiting for a minute and moved away. 'So things are getting very serious then.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Zachary got up and went up to the computer, passing by Hicks but not noticing him. He examined the computer. "Oh no, they're trying to erase Dragonstorm records! I think this means they're moving and in the process, they're trying to destroy all traces of it!"

-----------------------

James entered the office where he found Jeston sitting at a chair. "Pardon me but may I see your keycard?"

Jeston reached for the crowbar behind him. "Anything for the esteemed Dr. Zanasiu..." he immediately leapt to his feet and swung the crowbar at James, barely missing his head.

James tried to aim but Jeston was too quick, forcing James to block the crowbar with his shotgun. Though it saved his arm from being broken, the shotgun's firing mechanism was no longer functional after the powerful blow.

-----------------------

Alfred turned around noticed that Hicks was behind Zachary. "Zach behind you!"

Zachary turned around to see Hicks with a large knife standing behind him. "Aisha, someone..." Before Zachary could finish, Hicks held the knife to his throat.

(OOC - Don't kill Hicks. You can kill Jeston/Rawlson)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Suddenly the consoles died and the autoturrets ceased firing. "Well, all we can hope is that the blast doors hold until the power is back on. The backup batteries are drained." Dr. Bailey said grimly.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha pulled out her gun. "Put the knife away or I'll shoot!" She snarled. "I won't miss! Put the knife away, and move away from Zachary or I will shoot!" She held the gun firm.. Aisha would shoot, and had a high chance of taking Hicks out..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hans and Werner trained their SMGs on Hicks.

"Put the knife down." Hans demanded.

Hicks shifted so Zachary's body was in the line of fire.

----------------------------
-
Dr. Zanasiu blocked another blow and struck Jeston in the ribs with his now useless shotgun.

Jeston heard some of his ribs crack but he didn't seem to let up.

"Why do you persist in..." A shotgun blast cut Jeston's words off. Two more quickly followed, killing him.

In the doorway stood Alfred. "Well, I see this is one of our esteemed scientists." he deadpanned.

(OOC - LB&T, I'll let you do The Reveal about Jeston/Rawlson. You can use Alfred for this.)

----------------------------

Dr. Zanasiu noticed the hostage situation outside the office. He grabbed Jeston's Glock 18 pistol which was sitting in the open on his desk. He quickly loaded it and cocked it.

He then exited the office and trained the pistol on Hicks. The office was almost behind Hicks.

"Hicks! Drop the knife!" Dr. Zanasiu shouted. "I have a gun and you are surrounded!"

Hicks sighed and dropped the knife.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(OOC: Clyco is currently on standby in the control room for orders from his superiors, let me know when you want the Tank Platoon to arrive)

"I'd like to give this a shot on my own thank you," replied Clyco to Baily, getting to the floor to dodge the machinegun fire.  The Irony, things HAD gone to hell in the control room.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Looks like I shouldn't have put my Desert Eagle away," said Bradley, redrawing it and pointing it at the door. "That sounded like Martin over the phone. I hope he's all right."

Alfred looked suspiciously at the crowbar. "Hmm, last time I checked a crowbar's an uncommon weapon for a scientist to carry around. . ."

He suddenly remembered trashing Rawlson's office, and Shelton complaining about the crowbar missing from the tool closet. "I wonder..."

Alfred checked the computer to see who was logged in. The name wasn't Jeston. "Jeston was Rawlson!" he exclaimed to himself. "He must have known ASDA was on to him being a member of Dragonstorm, so he made a dummy account to acquire resources and send information unchecked! There must be high-up officials involved in Dragonstorm is he could get an entire lab assigned to a nonexistant scientist!"

Alfred headed into the other room to tell the others.

(OOC: don't forget to pick up Marty's keys. Since that way James and co. have access to the cafe and all the labs in the base, even though the base is in lockdown.)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr Landon went over and rifled through Marty's pockets revealing a wallet and a ring of keys..
 _
Aisha kept her gun trained on Hicks. 'You make one false move Hicks, and you're dead. If my bullets don't get you, Hans and Werner will! Get down on the ground, and put your hands behind your head.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Got anything Dr. Landon?" Zachary asked.

"Everyone, I have found something important!" Alfred said.

"What is it?" Dr. Zanasiu asked.

"Shelton, Kerzach, Hans, Werner and I had searched and destroyed a lab assigned to someone named Dr. Theodore Rawlson. Guess what? "Dr. Theodore Rawlson" doesn't exist and he never did. Rawlson is a fictional scientist created by someone named Dr. Nicholas Jeston. I suspect that Dr. Jeston may have known that the ADSA was onto him and he was forced to create a new identity. This new identity would have allowed him to send and receive data without suspicion as well as acquire equipment and materials to proceed with his experiments. But this also raises the specter that  high ranking Pelvanida Base officials are involved in Dragonstorm because assigning an entire lab to a nonexistent scientist is something that cannot be easily done without going through the proper channels."

Dr. Zanasiu gulped. "How many more of these fake scientists do you suspect?"

"I don't know but I'm willing to bet every member of Dragonstorm has fictional scientist at their beck and call."

Hans swore. "I knew it! That lab looked too perfect...like a movie set or something!"

-------------------------------

Hicks obeyed Aisha's command. "Kill me. It's too late for you to stop Dragonstorm. Dragonstorm's key personnel are already on board and they will be moving out soon." He then chuckled. "I dare you to follow them."

-------------------------------

Suddenly, the blast doors buckled as powerful explosive charge detonated.

Dr. Bailey swore and felt around for a weapon. He grabbed a Sig-Sauer P229 pistol that was by the body of a dead technician.  

Another explosion and the blast doors caved inward, admitting several troopers who swept around the room. Spotting Dr. Bailey, they fired, just barely nicking him.

Several more troopers fired using the remains of the blast door as cover.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Riley was hit in the side, and fell, wincing. Bradley ducked behind a swivel chair and returned fire. "Clyco! Have you gotten the AI to allow you access yet?" yelled Bradley, reloading.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
'Great so all this time they were posing under cover of false scentists... great .. just great.. this is not going very well for us.." Aisha muttered turning to Alfred
_
 I found a set of keys , and his wallet.. but I think they keys are more important.." Landon said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
"Can I see those keys?" Corporal Stern asked. "I believe I have seen doors with locks that fit."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - I thought Corporal Stern was in the control room, not with the group?)

"We'll take the keys and the wallet. We'll have to enter the cafeteria's hidden passage." Dr. Zanasiu said.

Hans and Werner frisked Hicks and came away with a key card. "I think this may be the key card that unlocks that alleged secret passageway in the freezer." Hans said. Alfred then grabbed Hicks and literally threw him in a closet, which he then barricaded with a heavy steel desk.

Suddenly, Dr. Zanasiu's radio beeped. "The control room's under attack. I think this is their desperate last gamble before they head out."

"Hans, Werner and I'll take the control room." Zachary said. "You, Alfred, Aisha and Dr. Landon head to that passage"

"Let's get moving then." Dr. Zanasiu said, tossing his now useless shotgun in a corner.

----------------------

Two guards fell to Bradley's well aimed shots.

Dr. Bailey was ducked behind a console. He put his radio away, took aim at a guard and opened fire. Most of the rounds struck the steel blast door but enough hit their mark. He checked the magazine and noticed that he emptied it. He fumbled with another magazine he found, trying to reload.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Landon Tossed the keys to Zaniusu just as the radio went off. " Lead the way, Zaniusu" aisha said, follwing after him at a quick pace, with Landon close behind..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: