The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello to LBT fans,

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
EDIT:

Okay so after looking around I see the uncut stuff is kind of taboo here and I can see why.  I can't delete or lock this topic myself but if moderators deem this thread no good, I can understand why it'd be locked or deleted.  Sorry if I caused any trouble :slap  

:wave Hi there.

Let me state how and why I'm here.  I recently came across a rumor about the original movie that the 5 main cast were to die in the end of the movie and heaven was going to be the "Great Valley."  I had to look that up and found it to be untrue (thankfully, how much of a downer would that be? :()

But then I learned there's apparently a lot of missing footage from this movie and it lead me to this page:
http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Land_B...ncut_Version%29  I was disappointed to find out there was no actual uncut movie though.   But I was looking at the page and I notice the prerelease VHS tape.  

Now I loved this movie as a kid, I watched it almost every day and to this day, I still have a majority of the movie memorized.  I also got into it again in my early adult years and began rewatching it almost every day again.  The image of the pre release looks shrinkingly similar to the one I own.  It is, however, right now in storage so I can't do an actual comparison... I guess what I'd need to know is, is that McDonalds logo actually part of the VHS or just a sticker?  Or maybe we don't know?   I'm wondering if there's any way to tell for sure besides that if it is just a sticker because I know my copy doesn't have any stickers on it anymore if it ever did.  I Just know I got this movie as soon as it came out cause I loved it so much.  We also went to McDonalds and Pizza Hut to get the toys, and I think I might still have my Ducky puppet somewhere.  

My point is, I'm fairly certain I either have this version or, if not, I have a first wave VHS version.   Because I watched the movie so much as a child and a young adult, I remember the fight scene with Sharptooh pretty much perfectly.  Now it's been years since I've seen the movie so to double check though I watched what I believed is a DVD rip of the fight and yeah, the scene is identical in both versions.  

However, it's in all possibility that I'm mistaken about the copy I own but I did find this opportunity:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Land-Before-Ti...g-/390763842899

Right now I don't even own a VHS player so I'm not going to buy it myself but I'd be willing to chip in if someone wants to find out for sure.  

I'm fairly certain it won't have any missing footage or altered scenes, but it never hurts to double check these things ^_^

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey Dash, welcome to the Gang of Five! Hope you don't mind me calling you Dash ;) I'm Iris, nice to meet you!

Uncut versions aren't necessarily a taboo, but with the huge amount of people looking for one and since no one has found one yet most of us have given up hope of one actually existing. If there happens to be a tape out there that someone owns and they can share the proof of that with us, that would be amazing and very welcome. The speculation and 'maybes' are tiring some people, but it is very understandable that when you just discover the possibility of an uncut version you get excited over it. Don't feel bad about posting this, haha ^^

No need to lock or delete this topic, and thank you for not erasing your entire post while editing. We will just use this topic as your welcome topic :) So yeah.. welcome! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum.  Many of us do wish they would or could put out an uncut version.  I'm assuming if they could they would have by now.  though the way hollywood is they may do a remake at some point.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Welcome to the GoF! Have some terrific times here :yes

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome with us Dashaque :)
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community. Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own :yes

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll take my chances on this one.  I have all of the necessary equipment to record VHS tapes onto my computer. (Been collecting dust for over a year now, but should still work.)

We'll see what happens.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
welcome to the forum dash. enjoy yourself here!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum!  :wave It is always great to meet a new member.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF :wave
Inactive, probably forever.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GOF! Make yourself feel at home here.  :yes

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Gang Of Five! I hope you enjoy your time with us.  :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion