The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Forum soon be bombarded by fans

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I know I've already noticed the effects of this forum getting larger.  It certainly has come a long way (both in size and development) since I joined up.  I agree with Malte and Manny Cav regarding the number of members; while a smaller group will tend to feel more like a "family", a large community has its advantages too.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm fine with a small community. Less riots and flame wars thataway. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
So, in short, I think that we should welcome however many new LBT fans that happen to stop by, and give them a "hearty invitation" to join in on the discussions here, as well as start new ones of their own.
Just where did I read this before? :lol

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Quote from: Manny Cav,Aug 19 2007 on  01:42 PM
I sort of feel like a smaller community would be better, but this is sort of not really fair, because every new member adds a little more to it, and it really wouldn't be fair to exclude them. By this logic, I could have been excluded. So, in short, I think that we should welcome however many new LBT fans that happen to stop by, and give them a "hearty invitation" to join in on the discussions here, as well as start new ones of their own. :DD
y‰p y‰p y‰p, a really good idea pokerplayer, it¥s always nice to have new members :^.^:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Aug 20 2007 on  03:38 AM
So, in short, I think that we should welcome however many new LBT fans that happen to stop by, and give them a "hearty invitation" to join in on the discussions here, as well as start new ones of their own.
Just where did I read this before? :lol
Hahaha, I thought it was a good example. I've come to expect your standard greeting when new members join. I actually like it. It's unique. :^.^:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I try to put at least something unique to every welcoming message, but usually this is possible only if the new member already told a bit about him or herself; something you can refer to in a welcoming thread. But with all the desire for personal and individual welcoming there are some basic truths which apply to all new members, namely that they are very welcome and hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of their own ;)

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I've also spread some word down at the IMDb, as well.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I walk around there every now and then as well...still sprouting that "alternate ending" crap.  :rolleyes:  Many there just can't take a hint that it never was true.