The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Forum soon be bombarded by fans

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have a little confession to make.  Recently, I have gone and advertised our forum website in the description part of my vids I have posted on YouTube.

Just a heads up and so that you all don't get too surprised if we get a lot more members in the near future. :^.^:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
As I say in all my welcoming posts, it is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our group. Good going pokeplayer :)

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
That actually sounds like a good idea Pokeplayer :yes

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Good, we need more fans here. But a bit of a warning: Youtube is crawling with heathens and barbarians and the like, so Mods, you might want to be on the look-out in case this happens.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
More advertising the better. :)  We take care of the blowhards.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I kind of prefer small forums, you get to know people better. Oh well, I guess this one kind of needs a bit more publicity.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The more fans the better. I am always happy to see a new member of the GOF. I just hope a lot of them aren't the same type of people  who bash LBT Sequels and LBT in general and what not. Other then that welcome aboard to any new member that may come to GOF. Thanks for the Head's up.  :)

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Aug 14 2007 on  07:21 AM
I just hope a lot of them aren't the same type of people  who bash LBT Sequels and LBT in general and what not.
Well, nobody knows with Youtube. The place is full of nutjobs of some sort. <_<

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Weather_lord_7,Aug 18 2007 on  05:16 PM
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Aug 14 2007 on  07:21 AM
I just hope a lot of them aren't the same type of people  who bash LBT Sequels and LBT in general and what not.
Well, nobody knows with Youtube. The place is full of nutjobs of some sort. <_<
That's an understatement. I've seen amazingly retarded people that are amazingly persistent at being so stupid it can really make one mad. You really have to wonder if they do it deliberately (also known as "trolling") just for the sake of making people mad.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Aug 18 2007 on  05:21 PM
You really have to wonder if they do it deliberately (also known as "trolling") just for the sake of making people mad.
I have no idea why they do so. There's always some sort of flame war on a video, some of them don't even have anything to do with the subject of the vid.  <_<

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Weather_lord_7,Aug 18 2007 on  06:24 PM
You really have to wonder if they do it deliberately (also known as "trolling") just for the sake of making people mad.
I have no idea why they do so. There's always some sort of flame war on a video, some of them don't even have anything to do with the subject of the vid.  <_<
I'd have to disagree. I have recieved a couple flames (deleted them all) but there was never a "flame war" on any of my vids or many others I've seen.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
But theres a whole lot of other vids out there that have them. One video I've was about a leopard and such and the whole topic turned into a riot of Christianity and such.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Quote from: Weather_lord_7,Aug 18 2007 on  08:46 PM
But theres a whole lot of other vids out there that have them. One video I've was about a leopard and such and the whole topic turned into a riot of Christianity and such.
Wow that's soooo off topic that my head is starting to hurt! :bang

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 18 2007 on  08:42 PM
Quote from: Weather_lord_7,Aug 18 2007 on  06:24 PM
I'd have to disagree. I have recieved a couple flames (deleted them all) but there was never a "flame war" on any of my vids or many others I've seen.
Then you have obviously not seen the worst out there. I've seen it get pretty ugly before at YouTube. :wacko: Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't there.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Then you have obviously not seen the worst out there. I've seen it get pretty ugly before at YouTube.  Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Okay, okay, youtube and other video hosting sites can be pretty harsh, but let's get back on topic here. :yes

I would personally love GOF to have maybe even a thousand members.  I wouldn't wish that daunting task to fall on five admins though, but I'm sure they would get some mods out there to help with the flaming issue.  It would be great to have a super active forum! :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Unless we get a flux of members in grade school, we'll never be "super active".  Just to be realistic, all the staff are starting their careers at some level.  The ones that could be here very often and post messages are those that go to school for about seven hours and have little else on their plate besides that.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
The ones that could be here very often and post messages are those that go to school for about seven hours and have little else on their plate besides that.

That's me! :D

Even when I'm not just a student and a computer repair tech, I'll always find time for GOF.  It's only a few minutes out of your life.  When ya have a laptop with WIFI, it takes longer to go to the bathroom than make a post. :lol:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Though I think I speak for everyone when I say going to the bathroom is the priority for those few minutes.  :lol:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Of course there is a kind of general "the more the merrier" rule for the GOF and new members are always very welcome. There are advantages of smaller communities as well though. You get to know the people so much better in smaller communities. I think I know a lot more about most of those who were here at the time when the Gang of Fives was living up almost litterally to its name :lol:
With hundreds or more people there is no way to avoid getting less well acquainted with some of them. If there were indeed a thousand members here and if each of them posted a short message every day, I am sure I would be unable to read all of it. I guess if I had to chose I would go for the smaller community for that reason.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I sort of feel like a smaller community would be better, but this is sort of not really fair, because every new member adds a little more to it, and it really wouldn't be fair to exclude them. By this logic, I could have been excluded. So, in short, I think that we should welcome however many new LBT fans that happen to stop by, and give them a "hearty invitation" to join in on the discussions here, as well as start new ones of their own. :DD