The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Days of Rising Water

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just wish I knew what happened between The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers and this episode. I mentioned this in a joke topic before but now I'm serious about it. Watch that movie while Petrie flies in formation. You will see quite a large number of Petrie's brothers and sisters. Now, in this episode, his siblings are greatly decreased. The others weren't just off somewhere. I don't think their mother would move out to find a new home while most of her children are off somewhere. She definately would have gotten her whole family before leaving a place that they won't return to. Continuaty errors are getting repetitive. Cera lost all her siblings from movie 1. Ducky got several new ones in movie 2 that we never see again. Now Petrie loses half of his. Did new writers think it would be so much easier with less characters to work with that they decide some family members just no longer exist? They don't even give an explanation why siblings disappear. If they don't want so many characters to work with, can they please give us reason that goes with the story why we'll never see them again? Making problems simply vanish here only makes new ones appear. (Sigh) Later.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Friendly Sharptooth,Jan 11 2009 on  07:09 PM
I just wish I knew what happened between The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers and this episode. I mentioned this in a joke topic before but now I'm serious about it. Watch that movie while Petrie flies in formation. You will see quite a large number of Petrie's brothers and sisters. Now, in this episode, his siblings are greatly decreased. The others weren't just off somewhere. I don't think their mother would move out to find a new home while most of her children are off somewhere. She definately would have gotten her whole family before leaving a place that they won't return to. Continuaty errors are getting repetitive. Cera lost all her siblings from movie 1. Ducky got several new ones in movie 2 that we never see again. Now Petrie loses half of his. Did new writers think it would be so much easier with less characters to work with that they decide some family members just no longer exist? They don't even give an explanation why siblings disappear. If they don't want so many characters to work with, can they please give us reason that goes with the story why we'll never see them again? Making problems simply vanish here only makes new ones appear. (Sigh) Later.
I totally agree on this one.  <_< I still wonder what happen to Cera's Mother and her siblings for the first and Second Movie.  :rolleyes  These animators are so mixed up.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does seem like they may be there and were kept in the background like Ducky's father and siblings are in most movies, then her father vanished.  But a later director decided, no, her mother and siblings are not in the Great Valley.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Petrie's attitude in this episode bothered me. He was being very selfish the entire time, and never really got a reprimand for it. It seemed like mama flier just sort of catered to his every whim. Of course, this would actually make a lot of sense if Petrie's other siblings had succumb to some tragedy, and mama flier had been hugely affected by it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe she saw he was having a problem with their moving and though she did tell him they had to, decided he would accept it himself.  As for his other siblings, maybe they were visiting friends or relatives when the rain got started and were kept where they were till the worst of it was over.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow, Cera sure seems to dislike skywater a lot, judging by her grumpiness :lol: The whole Ducky/Spike/Cera/Tricia plot is all right, despite lacking any tension.
Petrie famous snuggling stick... I love how he keeps freaking out because of all kinds of things (losing his home, losing his SS, thinking that he has to move out of the Great Valley...) :D Oh, and not to mention Petrie's siblings. God, they were really scared of Chomper and for a good reason... I mean, there were 8 siblings once...  :spit
And, for a change, it's not Littlefoot, getting all the attention like in most of the movies and many episodes, but Chomper who saves the day.

A decent episode without any doubt :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Last time I looked at "The Meadow of Jumping Waters". Today I will be looking at "The Days of Rising Waters". The previous seven episodes I watched and reviewed this summer were all ones that I'd seen before. But this one is brand new to me, so it'll be uncharted territory from here on out. Or should that be... uncharted waters? :P :P :P

Things sure kick off on an exciting note, with a vicious lightning storm that destroys Petrie's home, all while epic music plays. It gives a strong sense of action and danger right away. But alas, the episode quickly loses momentum after its great opening.

Ducky: "But threehorns are not the best of swimmers, Cera."
Cera: "Hmpf! Threehorns can do anything."
Oh Cera. Did you not learn your lesson from "The Great Log Running Game"?

When Chomper mentions him and Ruby first moving into the Secret Caverns, again it feels like an annoying tease. There's clearly a backstory there, but we still only have scant details of it.
:rolleye

Chomper: "I love my new home!"
Oh? Even after you ended up flooding it when you smashed open the stalactites? :p

*sigh* Petrie's singing voice...

Even though I like seeing Tricia, the scenes with her and Cera learning to swim were just dull and felt like they were padding out the episode. As with the mud bath subplot from "The Mysterious Tooth Crisis", I wish they'd just taken that out and focused more on the main adventure. Especially because, as abbicus pointed out...
It was odd how the two stories never intertwined. Dukcy and Cera's story and Petrie and Litlefoot's story were completely and mutually exclusive (not to mention Petrie's story got all the songs). I just found it odd, usually the episodes address one story, or all the stories kinda intertwine.

Quote from: The Friendly Sharptooth,Jan 11 2009 on  07:09 PM
I totally agree on this one.  <_< I still wonder what happen to Cera's Mother and her siblings for the first and Second Movie.  :rolleyes  These animators are so mixed up.
Siblings in general just don't seem to fare well in Land Before Time, do they? :p

*sigh* Petrie's singing voice again...

I think this episode had a great concept with the rainstorm and the dangers that come with it, but it just wasn't realized to its full potential. Still, there were some entertaining scenes. I give the episode a 6/10.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 04:08:48 PM by StardustSoldier »