The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hi, all. :)

This is just an open discussion for a RPG idea I had. Criticism, ideas, suggestions, any general interest: post them here and let them be known.

The idea I had was to take us back to the very first Land Before Time movie (which would call for this to be Strict-LBT). And it would be re-edited to include our own personal touches, however still following the same basis as the first episode AND the movie dealing with the Stone of Cold Fire. The plot would roughly go like this:

- Herds stick to themselves.
- There is a great Earthshake which separates families and herds.
- Children have to travel alone.
- Grown-up's must make it to the valley working together.

This RPG would allow for Pterano to make an appearance, and he would behave just like in the flashback that Grandpa Longneck had. Pterano would (or could) even lead off a group of unsuspecting dinosaurs to their doom.

The idea is to allow for people's OC's to be used, while still allowing Canon's to be used. And if a few people have Sharpteeth characters they want to utilize, they're more than welcome. :)

So once again, thoughts?

TAKEN CHARACTER LIST
OC
Kel-dinorawr
Blossom-dinorawr
Skye - MrDrake

Canon
Pterano-Ptyra

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Would this focus on the gang members as the movie does, but with some added on oc's, the adults, which were not seen once they were separated, or something else?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do like this one myself, I mean, would give me a good reason to explore my threehorn character's background some more.  As I did have her with some sort of background in regards to what had happened in the first movie, traveling to the Great Valley.

I mean, I do like it with the Great Earthshake seperating families and all that...so yeah, could very well work out, I'm sure of it ^^

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Hmm...with me being the big Pterano fan, I wonder if I could possibly take him. Then maybe a herd member that stays with the big group...

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well sure. You, the Pterano lover, could have him. No problem with me. And, you could have whoever else you want, too.

And yeah! This could be a great way to develop the backgrounds of some of our OCs. Wouldn't you all think so?

And I thought that maybe it could focus on all? Do you think that'd be a problem, Kor?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, count me in, I'll use my OC Skye at least, and I might take a canon character too, one of the gang members.  Cause I do rather like this LBT idea myself ^^

Not sure on whom though, trying to decide between Cera and Littlefoot myself.

Oh, and just a small suggestion, your first post, perhaps edit it to say who is taken and what have you?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So would the gang get separated from their folks or would they stay with them and continue on their way to the great valley?  That bit seems a bit unclear to me.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
All of the children would be separated from the grown-ups and forced to either go it alone or work together with other kids.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like either the adults won't be rped, or if they are they'll be a parallel rp thread.