The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite credits music?

Guest · 16 · 1645

Bruton the Iguanodon

The credits always get interesting music, sometimes great, other times, unremarkable, sometimes awful. I think the ones in the earlier sequels were so good. The music at the end of 5, and 4 and 3 would just melt my heart.

But which was the best?

Mine would be...the music from 5. Man, I want that music sooooo bad!!  :confused

But the music for 3 comes in second. I remember being really touched as a kid when it was played, like I was with 5. I also liked how both movies used a nice shot of the valley at first, rather then just having it play over black screen (well, 5 did eventually and 3 I can't remember), and I remember being very disapointed upon seeing 2 and the credits just being to the same song as at the beginning. But hey, this was just when the sequels were starting, so I can give the a break. It's the later ones that have songs I don't like.  <_<

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Do you even have to ask? "If We Hold On Together" definetly takes the cake. It's one of the most touching and memorable songs in the history of full-length motion pictures. :)

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I don't think anything will ever compare with the original song and orchestral music from James Horner.  You're going to have one very lopsided poll with that included.

That being said, I think what you are looking for is of the sequels, which end credits were the best?  I'm going with version 3 because you have two isolated pieces of Michael Tavera music that you hear during the film, and during other sequels as well, so it becomes montage music for the series.  Version 4 comes in a close second, and Tavera chose those credits as a piece on his own website to show off his composing skills, so he must like that one. :)

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, if I had to choose from the sequels... I'd stick with the one from LBT II. It's the most memorable and somewhat unique in it's style.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Bit of a no brainer this one but hey, each to their own right? #1 seals it for me. Beautifully melodious, powerful lyrics and a heart-warming soundtrack all the way to the end (by that I mean the entire film  :lol) I do like some of the sequels' music too. Particularly #3 and #5. And the featured guest singers do a good job with the end credits versions but still. Can't match the mastery of the first one. Wins for me every time. :)

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
End of number 1. There's something special and magical in it in my eyes, If We Hold On Together.

Bruton the Iguanodon

OK, someone please get rid of the first option, since it's getting too many voites. :lol

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
^ Oh No!!!!!!!

I thought you'd know that already. :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

Sorry. I've been off all week. But I'm back now.   :)

Bruton the Iguanodon

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this board's engine even supports poll option edition. Also, can't you do it yourself, being the one who created the topic?

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
This is a hard one! I mean the If We Hold on Together and End Credits on LBT one are the best, but then the others are also very good. I can't really remember them as much, but I do remember the first half of sequels or so had music from the film or from Michael Tavera. There's also Never Have to Be Alone and Bestest Friends, and that Stupid Stompers you also mentioned (lol that one was funny).

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'm not sure if this board's engine even supports poll option edition. Also, can't you do it yourself, being the one who created the topic?

No, I can't.  :(

Bruton the Iguanodon

So can someone please take it down? Or close this topic, so I can start a new one? It's not fair when I have all these choices that could be voted for and I was dumb enough to include one that would clearly win among them. People would have a much more fun time choosing if it was to be removed from the list. So someone please...help me.  :unsure: