The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Furry Science Fiction meets LBT

Serris · 14 · 1427

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
This idea was floating in my head for a while (since I read Time Gate X).

A scientist from the future warps back in time to capture some specimens for research but before he can finish the moonport he's based in (imagine JFK Airport with a lab in it!) is struck by a terrorist attack. He has to get out of the moonport, back to Earth and get to the bottom of a criminal conspiracy.

And yes as the subtitle hints, this is based off the rough plot outline for my second novel. See here for discussion on novel: R.A.P.T.O.R. Project Discussion

Erm, I should clarify that that the novel is original fiction.

Any suggestions?

Note if enough people consider joining, I may run this RP, but the chance is low as I am already dealing with 4 RPs.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'd say complete some of the Rps you are already working on first.. then ask again.. You'd want to have as much time to do this as you can..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'd say don't start to many rp's.  But you can use this discussion thread to have folks ask questions and get info and ideas so when you do finish 1 or more current rp's (only you know how many you can easilily handle running) then you can start this one.  

For some other folks that are interested, no idea if I'll be or not, but I do, if I notice, try to ask some questions for other folks & give them some info to start on so they can more quickly come up with char ideas to post in the discussion area or pm the gm about.  .  

Any char types you'd like to have certain areas covered, any types you don't want?  allowed races?  any magic, super powers, super martial arts?  Tech level, types of weapons and armor allowed.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
This is a "realistic" SF RP. No magic. It is set in 2100. Space colonies, energy weapons, .

Weapons from the early 2000s are acceptable (and more commonplace)

Energy weapons do exist but they are expensive and more likely to be found in the hands of the military or rich civilians. And yes, I am allowing bipedal dinosaurs to manipulate objects, use firearms and modern weapons (granted they don't have to do so. Hell, they don't have to fight if they don't want to).

All dinosaurs can interact with Humans.

Any species of dinosaur is acceptable. No aliens or genetically engineered creatures.

And yes, I'm using this as a planning stage so I can start the RP when one of the other RPs is done.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like your ideas are pretty well thought out and you give a good amount of information there.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sure! It's not started yet but you can join.

The other thing I'd like to say is that you can RP as either a Human or a dino.

Character profiles are placed here.

Dinosaurs can be start in the lab but if they are placed in the lab, they are in stasis.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Any ideas for a title?

Obviously, Humans can only start in the space station. And there are 5 factions (I'll elaborate more later):

Terrorist:  
Research facility staff:
Spaceport staff:
Civilian:
Security:

Also, keep in mind that this space station is primarily a tourism spaceport (basically an airport in space, complete with stores, resturaunts, etc) with some research facilities; thus firearms are few and far between.

Oh yeah, I'll condense all the scattered brainstorming ideas into rules when I'm done.

The other thing I'm debating is: LBT RP or non LBT RP with dinos?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Space Project Jurassic? Yeah kinda lame..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jun 8 2009 on  12:34 AM
Space Project Jurassic? Yeah kinda lame..
Hey, Cyberlizard got it to work with Time Gate X. I'll continue thinking about it and let you all know by mid-end of this week.

I'll let others weigh in too.

Oh, yeah, it is set exclusively in the space station.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Personally, I would love to join if I was allowed to be a Vulcan. But I would still join as a human. When at least one of your RPs are finished, then you should put more focus into this one, though.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Are you sure, since Vulcans are not supposed to show emotion, but to be purely logical.  Or would you be one of the ones similar to Spock's brother who ignores that.  

(no idea why he had to be Spock's brother I rather like the version of the movie I downloaded that is an edited version where all reference is cut from that.  I like it better then the canon version personally, but that is another topic.)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sorry, this RP is cancelled.

Reason: I did some thinking and I realized that this is so niche and single focused that it is better realized as a novel.