The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Darwin's Soldiers Wiki!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
To everyone who is or has been in the Darwin's Soldiers role play series: There's now a Wiki for it!

http://darwinssoldiers.wikia.com/wiki/Darw...s_Soldiers_Wiki

Of course, the Wiki is relatively unpolished, and needs a bunch more content, but it'll slowly expand, until it looks as good as our TV Tropes page does.

The link below is a good page to get a large list of characters. Feel free to expand any of the pages, especially ones pertaining to characters you created, since naturally you'd know more about them than I would, and if you don't, all they'll get is whatever I can come up with, which won't be that great.

http://darwinssoldiers.wikia.com/wiki/James%27_team

Also, if Darwin's Soldiers writers could send me their old avatars, the ones they don't have as their profile pics anymore, that would be a great way to increase the picture count, which is currently pretty sparse.

But congratulations everybody! You're characters are now in a wiki! :celebrate

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Just bumping this to remind everybody from Darwin's Soldiers that the wiki would appreciate any help you'd be willing to give it. The wiki now holds 358 pages and thousands if words of data, but most of it is on public domain characters or my own. If you want to help add information on your characters, please do so!

Special shoutout to MrDrake, who's done a great job in this regard. Almost all the information on the wiki about his characters was posted by him! :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
has iit been updated recently?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
It has! Just today I made a few more pages. We've reached 439 pages and I'm branching out into very obscure aspects, such as the Furtopia roleplays and extra media such as the Ask the Characters thread.

Here's
Here's aisha's page nick :)

I use the Wanted Pages page to see what needs a new page the most and then create it. The fact that the redlinks are so small make me happy because it means I've covered most aspects of the franchise successfully. :yes

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thasts really cool LBT although yu havent updated it since 2009, or is 2009 the dates we are going by, in story?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Nick22,Mar 26 2013 on  08:18 PM
thasts really cool LBT although yu havent updated it since 2009, or is 2009 the dates we are going by, in story?
The timeline for Darwin's Soldiers doesn't match our real-world timeline (this single battle on the oil rig has gone on for over a month in real time, for example.) Using a timestamp from Card of Ten and Serris' introductions of each role-play, the timeline is as follows:

February 2009: The first role-play (Darwin's Soldiers) happens. (Reason: Card of Ten takes place immediately afterward, and is explicitly dated February 28th.)

July 2009: The second role-play (Survival of the Fittest) happens. (Reason: Serris stated here that the second role-play takes place 4 months and 2 weeks after the first one, so that will put it in July.)

September 2009: The third role-play (Disruptive Selection) happens. (Reason: Serris stated here that this RP takes place 2 months after the last one.

All the other stories and stuff have their place on the timeline too, but those three dates are the ones that really matter. there are of course inconsistencies (Landon references President Obama at one point, James tells Sharon about an event from Pavlov's Checkmate before he had chronologically done it yet) but every story's gonna have those, and I'm going off the most visible timestamps.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
obama became president in january of 2009, so he would be president throughout the dates timestamped. landons eference was to him in part 3 so the latest of the three dates.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hmm, you're right, I'm thinking of something else. Somebody named the wrong president at some point. Well, the more accuracies the better! :D

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
its ok, mistakes happen.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm pleased to announce that the Darwin's Soldiers Wiki, as of this moment, is....finished! :celebrate

That's right! We have cataloged absolutely every single canon aspect of Darwin's Soldiers that has been published! Check out dat Wanted Pages list.

If more stories/whatnot get published, we will jump right on adding them, but for the time being, I am of the opinion that everything and everyone has gained a page. Feel free to let me know if you know of anything we've missed, but I doubt it B)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
nice work lbt. it looks great!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Awesome!   I'll throw in a few edits to my characters, just some minor stuff, but it looks amazing!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Dec 1 2013 on  11:15 PM
Awesome!   I'll throw in a few edits to my characters, just some minor stuff, but it looks amazing!
Anyone who wants to add more information or make corrections, please do so! You know your characters better than I do, I only have my memory and the Gang of Five's very bad search engine to locate data with.

Another landmark today, broke 600 pages exactly!

If you're interested, I've actually got a blog where I'm chronicling my experiences making Darwin's Soldiers video games. Check it out, and if you ever want to write more DS stories/games of your own, the blog would be happy to feature them.