The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Re-Commentary of the First Movie

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey guys!  My re-commentary for this movie is finally finished.  It's me and me alone with no terrible voice acting. (Which I know you guys hated quite a bit. :P: )

Now, a couple of things I'll point out.

First off, the voice recorder software I used for this was terrible.  It's got background noise and I tried my best to fix it, but I couldn't get it much better.  From now on, I'm sticking with Goldwave. (In case you're wondering, I used the Windows Sound Recorder.  It really sucked.)

Second, I have made this into three parts.  So, if you want to take your time on this, you can do so.

Third, I have provided a link to another version of the videos in case you have problems.

These videos will NOT be available for download under ANY circumstances.  They will only be viewable at limited places on the net and only where I see fit.  Please do NOT ask for a download of the videos under ANY circumstances.  I will NOT provide one EVER!

With everything out of the way, here's the link.

Let's Watch The Land Before Time
Let's Watch The Land Before Time

Criticize me as you see fit!  I can take it!

See ya later!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
One thing I noticed is I have a hard time making out what you say. I think part of the reason for this is you have the movie sound up too loud. It seems to be about the same volume as your voice.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Dec 12 2010 on  10:41 AM
One thing I noticed is I have a hard time making out what you say. I think part of the reason for this is you have the movie sound up too loud. It seems to be about the same volume as your voice.
I couldn't get it much better, sadly.  It was all due to the Windows Sound Recorder.  Even after cleaning it up and turning up the volume, it was terrible.

Goldwave just does a lot better in the end.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was actually able to find a tool in Goldwave that effectively fixed the audio of my voice for Part 1.  Still got the background noise problem, but my voice will be louder when I post the fixed version.  The biggest thing is that I have to wait quite a bit before the fixed version is able to be uploaded.

I'll still do this fix for all the parts.  Once it's done, I'll put the new versions on my site as soon as I can.  So please try to last.  If things go well, you should expect them later this week.

So, people are wondering what I plan to do as soon as I'm done?  First off, it's not LBT related.  Second, here's a dead giveaway!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Powerpuff_Girls_Movie

Yep, I'm going to do a commentary on their movie!  I loved it and I've wanted to say my thoughts on it for a long time.

Also, I can't believe that I'll dare to verse the one quote that's got to be one of the hardest to say in ANY movie.  To the one who did the voice, you are unbelievable and I mean NO disrespect doing what I'm going to do.

Just know one thing, it won't be easy for me to critique this one. :)

See ya guys later! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry it took so long, but I think I fixed it.

http://thelandbeforetimewd.com/The-Land-Before-Time.php

Still has that noise in the background, but at least I'm louder now.  So, with the problem hopefully fixed, what do you guys think now?

Again, critique as you see fit.

See ya guys later!

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Speaking of the Powerpuff Girls, what do you think of Powerpuff girls Z?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: oogaboo,Dec 20 2010 on  08:30 AM
Speaking of the Powerpuff Girls, what do you think of Powerpuff girls Z?
I downloaded and watched a fansubbed version, and I found it to be "just okay".

Indeed, it's not as good as the original, but I still kind of liked it.  My biggest complaint is their version of Blossom.  I did not like her all that much.  She's the stereotypical anime school girl.  It's like they pulled a complete 180 on the personality of the character I knew for 6 seasons worth of episodes.  Seriously, she's not the brainy girl that I actually enjoyed watching.  I really felt that was a big downfall on their part.

At least they left the personality of Buttercup alone.  They kept her as the tomboy I knew and loved.  If they even touched it, I wouldn't have even given this a watch in the first place.

As for Bubbles, I'm not to sure how to feel.  In some ways, she was the same one I knew and loved, but in others, she's not.  She is an animal lover, no doubt, and she is the nicest, but it feels like something's missing.  I'm not sure what it is, but something's missing with her.

I really liked the upgrade they gave to the ultimate villain of both universes, Him. (That's the name he was given by humans.  His real name can never be uttered by human tongue.) Sure, he's the embodiment of evil in both versions, but in the Z version, they really make it convincing.  His evil creations are just incredible and really give the girls a challenge.

I do like the story concept, but it leaves something to be desired in the end.

So yeah, not as good as the original, but at least nowhere near terrible.