The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Top 10 favourite Characters

Vek

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Kaelvek
1 - Cera
2 - Ducky
3 - Tricia
4 - Ruby
5 - Littlefoot
6 - Petrie
7 - Chomper
8 - Spike
9 - Mo
10 - Ali

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
2011 is going to come soon, so I figured I would post this now and get it over with. Also, I'm making some slight alterations.

10. Mr. Three Horn
9. Rooter
8. First Movie Cera
7. Chomper
6. First movie Ducky
5. Sharptooth
4. Guido
3. Rinkus
2. Sierra
1. Pterano

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Gosh this was a tough choice, but here it is...

10. THE Sharptooth. Gotta give props to this guy. He was the original beast. He's the only character in the series that actually killed someone. He went on a murderous rampage just to get his revenge on the kids, and gave a pretty good fight when they were trying to get rid of him.  

9 Ruby. She was a nice addition to the gang, but she appeared in the tv series and not in any of the movies so I never really learned to like her because I spent all my time paying attention to the original  gang and Chomper. But she is a good character none the less, just not a nessecary one.

8.Shorty. I like him. Don't know why but before I thought he was just annoying but then I learned he wasn't such a bad guy. He also helped with one of the best fight scenes in the entire series and almost got on Cera's good side when he helped her beat the sharptooth. And that's pretty hard to do.

7.Ali. In truth, she's wasn't my favorite when she made a comback on the tv series, but she did earn a place in my top ten when she saved Cera back in number 4. It was mostly because she ditched the gang for *shudders* Rhett. And I just don't like him. She's just a lovable character. Speaking of love...:lol: But I think she was good enough to earn a place here.

6.Spike. The silent one of the gang of five. I like him. He's also my favorite color! I liked him enough to give him a place in the movies but what set me off was his voice in the tv series. I practically fell off my chair when I heard his voice. And the song!? I just didn't like it. He basically seems like the type of guy who just doesn't want to get involved in all this. All he wants to do is eat. Heh. Good ol' Spike. :D

5. Petrie. I love this little guy. The comical one of the gang. Truth be told, I like his grammer. some people don't but I think it's funny. But, he acts like a nervous wreck in the tv series when he was brave enough in the movies, espeically in number 1. He's just so cute and weird that I had to put him in the number 5 spot.

4.Ducky. She's so adorable! How can you not love her!? Anyone could just look at that face and their heart would melt. She's probably the one with the most sense out of the gang and is probably one of the nicest. I just love her. She's also my favorite color!

3.Cera. Where to start with her. True she is annoying at times, but she's basically that kind of annoying that makes you love her even more. But she's also the toughest to figure out. I mean, in number 7 she wasn't fond of Pterano, but saved Petrie when he was about to be crushed by a rock and she was mad at him. But she also sticks up for her friends and shows her true loyalty for the gang when it's needed the most.

2.Chomper. Same with Ducky. He's so cute! He basically changed my aspect of carnivores. He showed me that even your most hated enemy, can become your best friend. I just love how willing he is to protect his friends. Like how he saved Ducky in the episode escape from the mysterious beyond. He really showed how far he's willing to go to help his friends.

And the number 1 character is...

1.Littlefoot. Words will not express how much I love this character. He's smart, brave, generous, loyal, and just all around wonderful. He would risk his neck for his friends and family, and is just happy with what he has in front of him. He suffered one of the worst tragedies a young kid can face and still come out of it as brave as he was before. Gosh he is one resiliant little guy. He crossed the boundries of his kind's racism to have the wonderful friends he has today. That's whay he is and alway's will be, my number 1 character.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OK, so, here's my take on my top ten favorite characters. Not sure if I'm going to be putting them in any particular order, though the top five will probably reflect general precedence.

So, I think I'll start from one and work my way down, as that would be easier. Thinking of who to put first is definitely easier than who to put last.

1: Pterano. This spot goes to Pterano. He became my favorite character ever since I first saw the seventh movie, eleven years ago, and he's been my favorite ever since. He's certainly (in my opinion) the deepest of the sequel characters, and has left so many "what ifs" upon his departure. Plus I'm a sucker for the redemption character so... yeah. :p There's just so many layers and potentional to him, and to me, complex characters are always my favorite.

2: Petrie. I like Petrie second because he was my favorite character from the original. I guess because personality wise, I'm a bit like him. Nervous, easily frustrated and wound a bit too tight, as well as occasionally suffering from a lack of self-confidence. But at the same time, Petrie shines when he really needs to, and is a very loyal friend, both things I've been known for in my personal life. So yeah, I guess because I can relate most to him, is the reason he's number two.

3: Chomper. I thought that he was a great edition to the franchise, and his nature of being a carnivore yet still being friends with the gang makes for an interesting take on sharpteeth. I think I like Chomper because he avoids the "stereotyping" that you sometimes get with other series, where one race is ALWAYS "bad" without question, and another race is ALWAYS "good". That's just so unrealistic, because unless you're a hive mind society, an individual is an individual, with the power to choose his or her own path in life, and Chomper does that quite well.

4: Littlefoot. I mean cone on, how can you NOT like Littlefoot? He really has a heart of gold, as the saying goes. Pure, courageous, but not without his flaws. He's also a bit of a tragic character as well, losing his direct family with the death of his mother and never knowing his father until much later, and experiences like that can make or break an individual at an early age. To rise above the crap that life throws at you and prevail, denotes to me at least a great inner strength, and so that's probably why Littlefoot is number four on my list. I guess I just admire someone who doesn't let themselves get crushed by their circumstances and stays strong throughout. Littlefoot's also a dreamer, and to me, that's never a bad thing, as I'm someone who's always tried to live my dreams.

5: Hyp. Yes, he made the top five. Surprising, I'm sure. Hyp is another sort of redemption character like Pterano, though not really to Pterano's extent. He was just a cool cat back in the day, and I always liked him. He's another character that leaves a lot of possibilities open, and I like that. The movie he was in may have been a bit overt in its message, but I thought the characters were well written, and showed development and growth, Hyp being one of them. A character that undergoes a significant change through the course of a story is something I rather like.

6: Rinkus. Always beware the minion who paints himself to be not what he seems. I like comparing Rinkus to someone like Atoq Navarro in Uncharted. He really just isn't what you expect until BAM. Guess what? Looks like your main antagonist is not really your main antagonist. He was being played this whole time by his subordinate, the guy you didn't really pay much attention to at first. Any villain that can come across this way is devious and tricky in my book, and wins kudos from me, as it shows they're complex and much more than they seem. Rinkus pulls it off far better than Sierra did, I think. Sierra was the brute force and the obviously discontented one. Rinkus however was the snake in the grass, biding his time and waiting for his right moment, not showing his hand until well into the game. He'd make one heck of a poker player, if poker of course existed in that time. XD I also see Rinkus as the guy who might surprise you in a game of a chess. He'd pull out unexpected moves and pass them off as "normal" with a simple shrug of his shoulders.

7: Ichy. Why, you ask? Good question. I guess for me, Ichy is just one of the more memorable villains of the series, and he stuck out at me from the earlier films. Unlike the host of sharpteeth you encounter, Ichy talks, and is a bird, which was a nice switch from the host of giant meat eaters you're normally fed in the series. He played off against Dil very well, and in a way they were really foils for each other. I liked the whole take on him being incapable of scrounging large meals without Dil, and Dil being powerless to obtain meals without Ichy's eyes. It was nice seeing the villains have flaws, instead of just the "Grrrr I'm going to eat you now" that I'd been seeing (not that I'm hating on the sharpteeth, I'm not). It made for a unique twist, and while they weren't as scary as that original sharptooth in the first movie, I still think they pulled it off. I guess I like Ichy over Dil for his biting sarcasm, as characters like that are quite fun to write. XD

8: Rainbow Faces. I know, I know. I'll be taking some flak for this one. But to me, they just didn't bother me as much as they could have. It's ambiguous as to what their relationship to each other is, and I liked that. It was really up to the viewer to decide, and their whole "guiding hand from a distance" approach I thought worked fairly well. They were the observers of the seventh movie, the ones who were present and could obviously do much more than they did, but willingly did not. I guess I liked their whole aura, and once again, they're another pretty big "what if".

9: Ducky. I guess I like her purity. She's very empathic, and I like empathic characters. Knowing what goes on in the heart of another is a tough gift to possess, but I think it's what makes her stand out and become memorable for me.

10: Rooter. Rooter gets number ten because out of all the scenes in the first movie, my memory of Rooter and Littlefoot sticks out clearly from when I was two years old in the theater. His advice has been so true. Pain fades with time, though of course, to add to what he said, one has to be willing to move on as well, and accept that your pain will fade. Overall, just a great, warmhearted character. My memory of that scene is something I hope I will never forget.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Salvatore Blackheart

• Chomper
    • View Profile
In Order

10.Ducky
9.Petrie
8.Shorty
7.Ali
6.Littlefoot
5.Pterano
4.Littlefoot's mom
3.Bron
2.Chomper
1.Cera :smile

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Finally got around to writing up my list. It was SO hard to choose!

10 - Petrie
I guess someone had to be my least favorite of the Gang. It's not that I don't like him, but I just like other characters a lot more. It is good how he seems both cowerdly and brave sometimes. Sometimes, he'll want to stay out of danger, but if his friends lives are on the line, he'll somehow find the courage to do something about it. Like with other characters like him, I like his unique way of talking.

9 - Ducky
A very kind and innocent swimmer. Some people might hate the way she speaks, but  I love it! It is a nice contrast to other characters speech. That is one thing I like about LBt in general; a lot of the characters have unique ways of talking, which really brings some spice to the dialogue!

8 - Grandpa Longneck
Such a great grandfather! He's always there to comfort Littlefoot, and his advice is great. As the leader of the Great Valley, he's very wise. He always has the safety of the herd in mind, and he makes sounds decisions. I love the banter between him and Mr. Threehorn! It's also great whenever he tells stories, since he's so good at it. RIP Kenneth Mars, his voice actor. :cry

7 - Ruby
Actually, she's not THAT far up my list. I do like her, but maybe not as much as I've been putting on. She does seem to be a character that sort of watches over the Gang, like a guardian, and I do like the way she talks. It's fun (and hard!) trying to write dialogue in her double-talk style.

6 - Mr. Threehorn
He's a character I really love to hate, but that's a good thing! He's always there to spice up the conversation with his rage dumps, and he always manages to make the conflict seem more serious. In my eyes, LBT would be a LOT more boring without him there to complain. :lol

5 - Chomper's Parents
I'll just include them both in one. I really like that they have some good in them as well. It seems Chomper's personality has rubbed off on them somewhat. They're great parents for Chomper, and it seems that they really love him. They also give some great lines in their short screen time, such as "Sure, bring your friends along, we'd love some desert!", "Sometimes, I worry about that boy", and "Don't play with your food!"

4 - Cera
Kind of like with her father, another character I love to hate. Granted, she can be caring when she wants to be, but most of the time she just complains, or acts as a second opinion to everything everyone else wants to do. I also like how she always tries to cover up the fact that she is just a scaredy little egg inside! Like with Mr. Threehorn, LBT would be boring without her.

3 - Littlefoot
He's really what holds the Gang together. He's a great leader, always willing to help. He has good morals, and always seems to know what to do. Another thing I like about him is how he always tries to see the good in people. Sometimes he might seem a bit TOO perfect, but I still really like him. He's sort of a big brother to Chomper, and someone the friendly little sharptooth looks up to and tries to be like.

2 - Pterano
The Infamous Old Flyer! One of the most complicated characters in the series. He starts out as a villian (one of the best LBT villians, I might add), and sort of redeems himself throught his search for the Stone of Cold Fire. He's done some horrible things that he regrets, yes, but he also has a good side, and he's willing to take responsabiliy for what he has done. I also really like his speech. He always speaks with an air of mystery and cunning. A very smooth talker I must say!

1 - Chomper
Ah yes, the friendly little sharptooth. He's my favorite character in the LBT series because he's a sharptooth that tries to be friends to flatteeth. Actually, he's the friendliest character in LBT PERIOD. He's always willing to help out his friends. His interactions with flatteeth can be really hilarious, expecially when it comes to eating. "I hate to say it, but I'm getting hungry!" is one of my all time favorite lines. One thing Universal is never going to touch (Expecially now that LBT seems to be dead for good) is dealing with what it's going to be like for him when he's older. He's going to have to make some VERY tough decisions someday. I really feel sorry for him sometimes :cry
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's kind of a hard choice for me to pick my favorites. But I will try here it goes:.

1.Petrie:

I didn't pick him first because of my screen name. I picked him first because he reminded me as a kid. Always scared when trying new things but really has a good heart and always there to be a great supporter and friend. He has always been a great friend to the gang even tho he was scared of a lot of things. But he tried them any how to show his friends that he can do it. Witch was very good and great.

2. Little Foot:

He is a wonderful character in the movies series. He is a great leader to the Game Of Five. The way he supports everyone and the way he has the never say never attitude is really what makes him a wonderful friend and character. He is also kind and have a real huge heart and is there for everyone.

3: Cera:

She is my third choice. She is like the bully of the group somewhat. She always has the nasty attitude but is a loyal friend when she needs to be. She always acts tough but she isn't. She has her scared moments in the movies series. But she is a good character still. I like her attitude a lot sometimes.

4. Grandpa Long Neck:

He is a very wise and a great parent To Little Foot. I love his stories he tells to the kids. And his knowledge about the Great Valley and other parts of the world where great. The part I didn't like about him was how easy going he was about the punishments. He gave none to Little Foot, Witch kinda ticked me off. No matter what bad things Little Foot did he didn't punish him for it. Other than that he is a great character.

5. Ducky:

She is a great friend to the gang. The way she always cares for her friends is really nice. And she will never let any of them down is something rare to see in a friendship. The way she talks makes her a really fun character to like and listen to. And the way she never seems scared to try new things is also good. I liked her a lot.

6. Chomper:

He isn't my least favorite character. He is a very nice character to the series. His positive attitude is really nice and really great. The way he is always there for his friends even tho he is different from them is a great addition to the series. He is friendly witch is really great.

7.  Cera's Farther:

Okay yes Cera's Farther maybe a idiot sometimes but he is till a good character. And he is way to over protective of her daughter witch is bad/good. It's good because he wants to be a good farther to his daughter. And he loves her with all of his heart. And even tho he acts tough but just like his daughter he is also scared. But he is kinda of the second leader to the group to the Grand Farther. But a loyal character to the series.

8. Chompers Parents.

Okay. His parents are pretty good characters to the movie series. They are loyal to there only son witch is very good. The way they try to protect him from the other Sharp Teeth is a nice. I like the bit of humor they have in the movie. There few lines of dialog is really creative and good.

9. Rooter:

Okay even tho he had a very short part in the first movie he was still a great character in the series. He was there to soften the blow for Little Foot When his Mom died. The way he gave great advice to Little Foot was very good and helpful. He is very nice and caring. His advice was also great.

10. Pterano:

Yes he was and use to be a villain in the series. But now he is not. He is last pick. I liked how he want from being evil and mean to nice later on in the series. I like how he fooled the kids to believe he changed. The way he has a guilty heart from his old ways makes him a good character who wanted to change and try to be a better character to the series. I liked how he helped the kids out in most of the movies. His new attitude was pleasant and good.

11. Spike:

I loved Spike. How can anyone forget Spike. He was a very sweet character. He is the laid back type of character to the series. Always  trying new things made made him a very good friend. He was supportive and loyal to his friends. And they accepted him even tho he didn't speak at all. And they didn't care if he was big or anything. I liked his smiles and how he helped when ever he could.  One of the best characters in the series.

theamazingthreehorngirl

• Ruby
    • View Profile
1. cera
2. ducky
3. littlefoot
4. chomper
5. topsy
6. grandpa - grandma
7. bron
8. petrie
9. spike
10. bron- pterano
 :lol:

Bruton the Iguanodon

I love Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Littlefoot's mom, his Grandpa, his grandma, Tops(yeah I love the old meany---so sue me), movie 1's sharptooth (again, sorry), Ozzy and Strut (I can put villians on the list), Archie, Ali (she's so cute!), Sue, Shorty, Doc, Chomper (but not his voice), Ichy and Dil, Elsie, Pat, Guido, Mr. Clubtail, Tria, Tricia (I don't like babies really, but she was sweet), Ducky's mom, Petrie's mom, and best of all---Mo! I really love him. My god, I think I just listed half the cast!

OK, ok, I gotta slow down. This is top 10 only. Ok, first up, would be...

1. Mo. I really love him!!! :lol
2. Movie 4 Ali. She brings back memories to the sweet innocent days before I knew all about LBT 1, or 6-13, or the TV series.
3. Sue. Sweet, gentle, loving, and brave! What a gal!
4. Guido: There's a reason everybody loves this guy!
5. Original Sharptooth. The best Sharptooth around, no less!
6. Topps:Give it up for the greatest of the male threehorns, who just made top 10 despite being a jerk ad a racist, and who gave us the awesome song about "Standing Tough" !
7. Ozzy: Does it bother you guys that I'm listing villians? Well, I thought Ozzy was a pretty cool villian!
8. Spike. Stayed true to his original character throughout the whole series, which no other member of the gang---or the cast of family guy---ever did.
9. Sierra: What more can you ask of a bad guy?
10. Archie: Changed thi just recently. Can't remember much about him other then he was i movie 4, and very helpful and nice, and a sea turtle, no less! (Wonder how old he is? Or if he ever called anyone "dude" at any point in his life?! :lol )

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
10. & 9. Mo & Ruby- I really can't choose. I like them both equally. Mo's funny and really cute, and Ruby has a big sister like quality that makes me like her.Really can't choose.

8. Littlefoot- I always don't like the main characters much, even if this guy is the leader of the gang. Love his personality, but with 9 shows starring him, I got kinda bored.

7. Spike- What can I say? He's funny sometimes, and is a great brother to Ducky. And I kinda like silent people. They make great listeners, and Spike is no different.

6. Cera- I like her rough on the outside but soft inside personality. She's actually nice, but you can't see that when you first meet her. I didn't really like her at first, but she grew on me. She tries to be brave, but her real bravery is when she admits she's wrong.

5. Ali- I simply love her. She's shy, but easily gets along with others. She accepted the others, even with their differences. She's also quiet, and she learns fast. She's also really sweet. Kinda like a female Littlefoot, but better in my eyes. :)

Now, onto the little guys, whom I have a soft spot with...

4.Chomper- I just find this guy really cute! He wants to be friends with the leafeaters, and really tries his best to fit in. He's just adorable, and different in a nice way.

3. Guido- Really funny, especially with his fast talking. He makes thing amusing without even trying, and is one of the reasons why I like XII so much. He's a cute scaredy egg, and is unique, and he likes it that way, even if it does get lonely sometimes.He also makes an awesome duo with my #2...

2. Petrie- He's funny in his own way, and I actually like his broken English... He's really cute to me and his cowardness into braveness personality is nice, too. I also like flyers in general, which is also why Pterano scores #11 (pretty good since. I don't like adults) and Rinkus as my #1 Villain. I also like his little fights with Cera, which made me like him and her more.  :smile

1. Ducky (of course)- what I don't get is why I love her so much. I mean, I love Ali's personality way better than hers. I guess I like her because she's sweet and innocent, a quality that is very rare in others, and her angry days remind me that no one's perfect. I also have an easy time understanding her. So, all in all, she stays #1 in my heart.

Tikikata

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberrytiki.net
1. Cera
Besides my undying love for Triceratops, I like Cera because of her design and personality. She's rough and tough on the outside, but very sensitive on the inside. She deeply cares for her friends, even if she pokes fun at them every now and then.

2. Ali
If I could tie Cera and Ali, I would, but since this is a top ten list, Ali comes in a very close second place. Ali somewhat reminds me of myself; she's shy, but learns how to overcome her shyness and become friends with Littlefoot and his friends. I really liked her character development in movie four, where Littlefoot became trapped in the cave and she had to overcome her fears to go ask Littlefoot's friends for help.

3. Petrie
Petrie is just a fun character in my eyes. He's the comic relief, and I like that. I also liked how, in the first movie, he had to overcome his fears of heights and learn to fly.

4. Ichy
My favorite villain in Land Before Time. I liked how he and Dil had to work together to get things done, and even then, they didn't get a lot done!

5. Ozzy
My second favorite villain! I really liked his song in the second movie.

6. Chomper
I liked him in every appearance he's been in. I particularly liked him a lot in the TV series. It was interesting to see him develop as a character.

7. Ruby
Her backwards way of talking makes her a little confusing at times for me, but I still really like her a lot as a character. I like her strong friendship with Chomper and the others.

8. Littlefoot
I don't think this list could be complete without Littlefoot being mentioned. As a kid, I was always drawn to him, and I thought he was a good leader and role model (most of the time).

9. Ducky
My mom and I always shared a common interest in Ducky. We would always repeat her catchphrase when we watched the movies together. Ducky is an important character to me because of the bond my mom and I have.

10. Spike
Spike is a sweet character. The fact that he doesn't talk is what I love most about him. Even his outbursts in later movies didn't really ruin his character for me. The only thing I didn't like was the episode where we were able to hear his thoughts. I don't think Spike would really think thoughts like that at all. But, other than that, I think he's a really solid character.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah I forgot about Bron Little Foots Farther who left his only son. And he never returned until like the 9th or 10TH Movie. He was a eh character that was okay. I didn't like the fact he left his only son. But than he explained why and but still didn't make it right for him to do that. He was a horrible farther to his son. And Little Foot forgave him like nothing ever happened. He is way to forgiven witch is his downside.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
These are mine, and it might be kinda obvious whose in first

10. Shorty
9. Grandpa Longneck
8. Bron
7. Spike
6. Cera
5. Littlefoot
4. Sharptooth
3. Petrie
2. Ducky
1. Chomper

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, I haven't updated this list in years, so now I'm gonna do so and explain my choices. This was a really difficult list for me to create, so I hope this does a good job representing my viewpoint. There's quite a few spots where I have a pair listed because I feel they both need to be in the same spot as each other for the purpose of their combined character.

10. Screech and Thud - I was jumping back and forth between putting these two in the top 10 or the sharpteeth from LBT III, but ultimately I went with Screech and Thud. For some reason they remind me a lot of the pair of velociraptors from Jurassic Park. Are they as threatening? Probably not, but they do provide a threat to the gang. Considering that velociraptors are my favorite type of dinosaur, I had to put them on the list.

9. Grandma and Grandpa Longneck - Again, this was a pair thing because they both compliment each other well. True, Grandpa seemed to have the larger role in the later sequels, but you can't leave Grandma out either. Probably like most others here, these two reminded me of my grandparents. They are both loving, caring and would do anything for their grandson. Nothing really much else to say on these two.

8. Cera - I tried as hard as I could from filling up my list with the entire gang, so I had to choose those that I really connected with the most. Cera makes the list because she reminds me a lot of my sister. She and I would always but heads with each other on... well just about anything really. Course it's a little different because my sister is younger than me and she doesn't think she is tougher than I am, but she does like to disagree with me on things. But in the end, we still realize that we both care for each other a lot, and that is true with Cera as well. She may constantly nag on Littlefoot and argue with him, but in the end he is still her best friend.

7. Rinkus and Sierra - Again, this pair needs to be put together on any list because they compliment each other so well. It was very difficult choosing this spot and the next spot, and I'll explain why I chose the pair I did for number 6 then. Anyway, these two are so devious and villainous in their own ways. Sierra is aggressive and vicious while Rinkus is more subtle but still just as conniving. Definitely one of the most memorable pairs I think in cinema history, they are the reason why I keep watching LBT VII (and Pterano, but that's for later ;)).

6. Ozzy and Strut - Like I said, it was very difficult choosing between this pair and Rinkus and Sierra. I love them both, but I ultimately put Ozzy and Strut above them for this reason. These two were the first signs that the Great Valley was not completely immune to danger and intruders. Granted Chomper's parents are probably a better indication of this since they appear in the same movie, but we are literally introduced to the egg stealers in the first five minutes of LBT II. Ozzy and Strut definitely remind me of Pinky and the Brain, another one of my favorite cartoons. Again, like Rinkus and Sierra, I watch LBT II for these two (and Chomper, but that's for later ;))

5. Sharptooth - I don't know about you guys, but this bad boy gave me nightmares as a kid. He was terrifying, persistent and an overall mean baddie. Killing Littlefoot's mother and then constantly hunting him and his friends down like he was on some sort of blood thirsty vengeance spree. That makes for one intimidating villain. I still to this day think he is the best villain in any non Disney children's film. He's that terrifying. I don't think I really need anything else to say about this.

4. Bron - Now I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me on this, and I can understand why. To be perfectly honest, I don't know why I put Bron so high on this list. Every time I see him, all I can think about is my dad. Now my dad didn't do the same stuff that Bron did in terms of leaving my mom and whatnot, but when he is with Littlefoot you can tell that he cares a great deal about him. That's exactly what my dad is like. He cares so much about me and will do anything for me. Sure Bron's appearance in the TV series was a little rushed, but he still did come back like he said he would and helped Littlefoot through the Big Longneck Test. I know this probably isn't a good reason why I like him so much, but it's the best I got.

3. Pterano - The character that steals the show in LBT VII for me. He is easily the most complex character in the entire franchise. He knew very well what he did was his fault, but he refused to admit it due to the fear of shame, rejecting, and a bunch of other bad emotions. He isn't a villain at heart, just a little misguided. He still cares deeply for his nephew and his friends and is finally willing to admit his mistake in the end. There are so many other reasons why Pterano is so popular but they've already been listed by everybody else so I'd just be repeating their praises. I just love this flyer.

Okay, now for my runner up favorite character. These two were VERY difficult to choose from and I spent a long time with both of them. So without further ado:

2. Chomper - It's interesting because the last list I did he was my favorite character. I will explain the shift in the number 1 spot, but first here. Chomper is the embodiment that looks can be very deceiving. He is a sharptooth, but he poses no threats at all to Littlefoot and his friends, even with his couple incidents against Cera. His bond with Littlefoot is very strong considering he took care of him, and then when they run into each other in LBT V he does everything he can to repay him for that. I was so thrilled when I saw Chomper was a main character in the TV series, even if his appearance was not explained that well. He was my favorite character in both LBT II and LBT V, so I had to put him on this list. I don't know really what else to say that others haven't said already.

And now for the big one. Cue the drum roll please!

1. Littlefoot - This probably sounds really cliche, but I don't care. I can't think of anybody in the franchise I like more than the main hero. He was the character I connected the most with when I was a kid, so much that Littlefoot was my first imaginary friend when I was little. His portrayal in the original movie is what I love about him. He is shown as a real kid with real emotions. He is heartbroken over the death of his mother. He is furious when Cera insults her. He gets bossy because he has strong beliefs that his way is the way to go.. He cares deeply for his friends that he risks his life to save them. He almost gives up in the end after the battle with Sharptooth because everything he has tried to do seems to have not worked. What really did it for me though was the very end when he finds the Great Valley. I don't know why, but the look on his face gets me every time I watch it. Is he the saint that the TV series seems to try and make him? No. He makes plenty of mistakes throughout the franchise, such as kind of leaving his friends to be with Ali and especially lying to the valley about the tiny dinos. He is a normal kid who makes mistakes, but he is compassionate, caring, adventurous, and overall has a good heart. Am I rambling? Probably, but this is how I feel.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Right now, I really like Mo, Petrie, and Guido. Those are my top 3.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Dang, thought I posted here already :blink:

1. Strut!! Always was, always will be

2. Pterano - hoooo YEZZ!

3. Ozzy - meh, gotta give him a spot

4. Mo and Guido - liked equally on this spot ;)

5. Petrie - Gotta love Petrie

6. Tria - she is just so awesome and kind, gentle and protective

7. Cera - bad girls rock :DD

8. Ruby - really, really love this character... she drives me mad (in a good way) with her repetitive speech and I'm slitting my wrists (metaphorically) trying to write fanfics with her in them!

9. Screech and Thud - they make me laugh with their bumbling ways, but they're also pretty threatening :o need more epic baddies...

10. Lastly, Topps. Yeah, he can be a jerk, but I really really like this character XDD
plus he mellows out with Tria
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I'll try to rank my favourite characters (uhhh, difficult...)

1. DUCKY
She's so adorable, nice, funny, cute and friendly. And her quotes and her way of speech( yep, yep, yep; nope, nope, nope ) are just awesome :)

2. ALI
I really like her character, she'd have so much potential for sequels, but unfortunatily she only appears in one movie( TV series doesn't really count :/)  :anger

3. PETRIE
Who doesn't like the little flyer with his bad grammar? :DD

4. LITTLEFOOT
Littlefoot's the main character, so not liking him = not liking LBT, isn't it  :lol
I like his friendlyness and... ehm, well... however I like him like he is  :lol:

5. SPIKE
Spike's just awesome ^^ he's always funny and.. cool. Ahh, and he's Duckys brother  :blink:

6. MO
Just adorible, funny and... beautiful, but not his singing, nope, noope, nope :D

7. CERA
I don't really like ger behavior sometimes, but it's necessary for the plot <_< Without her LBT would be Boring ;)

8. DUCKYS MOMMY
She's a good mother to Ducky and Spike! She always help them when needed and she's not strict(though she warned Ducky in LBT 8, when Ducky was rude to her out of sadness)
She also had a nice singing voice :)

9. LITTLEFOOTS GRANDPARENTS
They're very good grandparents to LF and very wise. I like them

10. SHARPTOOTH(LBT1)
don't forget him or he eats you when you're asleep :lol  :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
hmmm

Canon (movie characters)

1: Cera
2: Littlefoot
3: Grandma and Grandpa
4: Ducky
5: Littlefoot's Mother
6: Bron
7: Petrie (sorry Petrie fans)
8: Spike (And Spike fans..)
9: Ali
10: Chomper

Yes no Ruby,sorry but she annoys me.

OC'S (fanmade characters  HARDLY ANY ARE MINE)

1:Ares (Nahla's OC I use in the rp...total bad boy)
2: Hades (Nahla's OC again...the main villian in the RP)
3: Nahla (This girl was coming....she just an awesome character,worth reading the fics just for her alone..owned by Nahla)
4: Zimba (Aka jerk..owned by me and how I got my name)
5: Nani (Owned by Nahla again...Nahla's mother)
6: Attis (Owned by Nahla again...creepy guy)
7: Dioynus (Nahla...your donimating this OC list,Hades father,Nahla's grandfather).
8: Artemis (Nahla.....stop this,mate of Dioynus so Hades mother,Nahlas grandmother)
9: Jack (owned by me...Zimba's brother)
10: Saureen (owned by Dosu2Dinner...don't know why I just like her)

So yes,theres my canon characters and OC faves.

Nahla has my most of my top ten fave OCS,I love everyone you guys make up but hers are awesome :lol,also you HAVE to read Venatione Venatus by Dosu2Dinner...do it....NOW.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
no surreptitious advertisement, Zimmy  :lol
but it's a really good fic indeed  :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
In alphabetical order:
  • Ali (LBT 4)
  • Chomper
  • Ducky
  • Guido
  • Littlefoot
  • Mo
  • Petrie
  • The Rainbowfaces
  • Ruby
  • Sue
Yes, no villains here. I am not a fan of mean, agressive people. It's hard to love them in "real life", so it's hard to love them in fiction too. I also wanted to put Petrie's mother as my favorite character, simply because she looks so awesome, but there's no place left. Archie, Doc and Elsie are my favorites too.