The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Top 10 favourite Characters

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Is it cool if I update my list?

1) Littlefoot.
2) Chomper.
3) Petrie.
4) Ducky.
5) Spike.
6) Cera.
7) Ali.
8) Shorty.
9) Littlefoot's Mother.
10) Bron.

(The first three places and the tenth place haven't changed from my original list, in case no one's able to spot the differences.)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Updated list.

1. Petrie
2. Ducky
3. Guido
4. Cera
5. Littlefoot
6. Mama Flyer
7. Mo
8. Ruby
9. Topps
10. Ichy

Ah...it did change a bit. Oops.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
1. Ducky
2. Littlefoot
3. Cera
4. Petrie
5. Spike
6. Chomper
7. Ruby
8. Bron
9. Ducky and Spike's mother
10. Petrie's Mother

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
1. Chomper
2. Horned Sharptooth
3. Petrie
4. Littlefoot
5. Grandpa Longneck
6. Mo
7. Bron
8. Doc
9. Ali
10. Grandma Longneck

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
1. Topsy
2. Grandpa Longneck
3. Littlefoot
4. Grandma Longneck
5. Cera
6. Ducky
7. Petrie
8. Spike
9. Chomper
10. Ruby

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
This calls for a good, long think! :thinking I gotta say that #4, #5, and #6 were next to impossible to put in order and could easily change depending on which way the wind is blowing the next time I look at this list. They'd probably be best considered a tie! :lol As for the #7, #8, #9, and #10 I have in mind, I'm still settling on their order, so I'll just update this later when I've finalized it. :p

• :rainbowwaveRainbow Face Male - Allow me to be the first person in this thread to consider the male and female Rainbow Faces actual separate characters! C'mon, just because they don't have names doesn't mean they don't have distinct personalities! As a pair, I love them for how mysterious and intelligent they both are, especially since they're left mysterious all the way through the movie, which drops intriguing hints but never reveals the whole story behind them. (Fanfic fuel!!!) But the male is my no. 1 favorite because he's the friendlier one. The way his enthusiasm about science/space always bubbles over to the point where he almost reveals secret information gets a smile out of me every time I watch this movie. He really cares about the kids, too, even more than he cares about his mission.
  • Rainbow Face Female - Every snarky line out of her mouth is a winner in my book--I especially love how she puts Mr. Threehorn on the spot! This one's perfectly content with being cryptic, probably even enjoying it, and she's the by-the-book stickler for rules who wants to make sure the mission goes according to plan. (No leaking sensitive info!) But she does agree to help the kids get to the top of Threehorn Peak after some urging from the male (*cough* sibling in my headcanon *cough*). You can see in the movie's ending scene that she really is impressed with Littlefoot, too. Seems she has more of a heart than she lets on.
  • :facepalmGuido - Hands-down the funniest LBT character, at least IMHO. Funny, loyal, sweet, awkward: in a nutshell, adorkable. I'll admit that I found him annoying the first time I watched him, but man, he's sure grown on me since then! I'm so glad they brought him back for the TV show!
  • :)littlefootLittlefoot - I probably don't have to explain this one much, 'cause he's Littlefoot! He's the heart, soul, and brains of the gang! (Quite advanced for his species...I mean, for someone so young...) :lol
  • :duckyhappyDucky - The cutest, sweetest, most cheerful character in the group. There's not really much more to say here. Who could possibly be immune to Ducky??
  • :)petriePetrie - Second only to Ducky in terms of cuteness. I don't get the complaints about his grammar, because to me that's part of his charm--and I'm usually a stickler for grammar! His squeaky voice, wide eyes, and general timidness just make you wanna hold him tight and tell him he'll be okay, but at the same time, he can always summon his bravery when it really counts.
  • :chompysmileChomper - Always such a friendly, sweet little guy. No matter how many times leaf-eaters judge him, he tries his best and treats everyone he meets with kindness. It's neat that he's the dinosaur equivalent of bilingual, too.
  • Pterano - I can't believe I'm actually putting him on my list, because I've spent a while thinking he's pretty overrated...alas, it seems I am not immune to his appeal! As the lead antagonist of my favorite LBT movie, he's too memorable of a character for me not to include. His British-accented melodrama is just entertaining--"Peeeetrie, I'm heartbroken!" was an often-imitated line in my family, haha! His grandiose song is also one of my LBT favorites, not to mention one of my favorite villain songs from anywhere.
  • Strut - The more mild-mannered half of the eggstealer duo. For villainy, the flyer trio were LBT's best bad guys, but Ozzy and Strut win as the most fun villains. Before there was "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond," "Eggs" was my favorite LBT song, because it's just so catchy! I do pity Strut, though, always getting dragged into his brother's schemes when he'd rather be peacefully enjoying a salad or something. His sleepy facial expression and his voice, plus his love of leaves, actually make him a pretty cute character, so he wins my #9 spot!
  • :OzzyAngryOzzy - Without him, we wouldn't have the "Eggs" song. His over-the-top sinister, villainous voice basically made it. Also, I just enjoy a lot of his quotes in general, heh heh. ("I like this place...yes, I like this place a LOT!") So, despite his treatment of Strut, I must give Ozzy my last spot...but just know that you're always gonna be below your brother in my book, Ozzy!

Finally, my list is now complete! I almost forgot to finish this...oops-eeps! :sducky

I must say, Etta and Wild Arms were very close runners-up for this list. The release of that 14th movie that revived my childhood has become a whole new type of nostalgia for me looking back, and I found both those characters to be worthy additions to the series. (Yeah, I know people are gonna disagree with me on Wild Arms, seeing as how I rarely even see a wiki entry on him that doesn't put him in a negative light, but oh well.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 08:59:25 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Time to reveal my list...

1. Ruby - Despite being a rather new character in the series, this fastrunner has captured my heart from the very first moment she appeared. Her unique manner of speaking is not only quite ingenious for her, but also hard not to notice. She'll definitely stay in your mind long after.

2. Ducky - Seriously, who wouldn't be able to love this sweet, lovable swimmer? As with Ruby, her speech is very delightful and this creature almost never has a frown on her face, excluding her more ''nefarious'' qualities in the past.

3. Littlefoot - Ah... the fearless leader of the pack. There hasn't been a moment where Littlefoot wasn't on the spotlight per se, so you could easily argue that he is the face of the universe. In a way, that is true.

4. Petrie - While he may be a bit of a coward from time to time, you can't deny that he hasn't been there for the Gang when his help is needed. Largely regarded as a mere watcher for the group when they go out into the Mysterious Beyond, Petrie has proven himself far more qualified than initially believed of his debut in the original film.

5. Cera - Stubborn doesn't even begin to describe this wilful threehorn, for that dear old Mr. Threehorn can be proud of. I admit, her first impression wasn't exactly that great, being more of a minor nuisance than an actual character. But, she quickly changed for the better once she found the one thing she'd likely been missing in her entire life; real friends whom care about her.

6. Guido - Who could've seen this coming? I know for sure that I didn't, but after watching the movie again, I grew to appreciate his character more. Here is a person who likely lost everything before winding up in the valley. Though, I wish they'd actually included backstory for this character. That could have changed everything.

7. Chomper - I'm probably going to get a lot of backlash for this choice, but screw it. Chomper is a unique character in a way that showed not all sharpteeth can be murderous beasts. His character later evolved further in the television series and Journey of the Brave, and I quite like what they did with him. However, his task to ''unite'' the sharpteeth of the MB was a mouthful of bushwah, quite unlikely to happen as we clearly saw what happened when Chomper tried to be befriend bunch of fastbiters.

8. Mo - I know that some of you might have expected me to put him on this list at some point, and there you have it. From his first appearance, I've always found Mo to be rather hilarious as a character, even if his antics occasionally go a bit overboard, he has earned his place in my heart.

9. Shorty - Without a doubt, yet another fine example of not utilizing a character to the fullest, and that is a damn shame. Even without a clear backstory, I've always found the green longneck to be rather interesting... and edgy. I was so intrigued about him that I even decided to write a fanfiction in his honor, and loved every second of it.

10. Rainbowface duo - And last, but definitely not least, we have the iconic duo of curious dinosaurs that have seem to become fan favorites in a short amount of time, and the reason for that is likely their mysterious persona. Things like that usually draws people, and it wasn't absent here. So, are they aliens or something else? I believe they are a race of very advanced extraterrestrials send to catalogue less developed species. Their mannerism certainly seems to hint at this more than once in the film.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
6. Guido - Who could've seen this coming? I know for sure that I didn't, but after watching the movie again, I grew to appreciate his character more. Here is a person who likely lost everything before winding up in the valley. Though, I wish they'd actually included backstory for this character. That could have changed everything.

Man, if Guido had gotten a backstory, that would've been so cool! I've thought about exploring that in fanfiction before...lots of potential!

Nice assessment of the Rainbow Faces, also, I agree that they were alien scientists of some sort. :smile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Man, if Guido had gotten a backstory, that would've been so cool! I've thought about exploring that in fanfiction before...lots of potential!
That makes like... three to four people who has put that in consideration now? I know that only this year was an attempt actually made on that. :p
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
That makes like... three to four people who has put that in consideration now? I know that only this year was an attempt actually made on that.

And that makes me wonder why hasn't anyone tried to establish a backstory for our dear glider before? Did no one find his character worthwhile? :facepalm

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well this is an easy list to make:

1. The Best Sharptooth aka the one that gets killed by singing and dancing.
2. The Best Sharptooth's packmate #1
3. The Best Sharptooth's packmate #2
4. Littlefoot's Mother's Disembodied Voice
5. The Best Sharptooth's packmate #3
6. Loofah
7. Red Claw
8. Doofah
9. Foobie
10. Sharptooth...I guess.
Time to update this.

1) Rhett
2) Ali (but only when she's with Rhett)
3) Old One
4) Ali's Father
5) Longneck that calls Sue "Little Lady"
6) Longneck with the spots in LBTX
7) Loofah
8) Red Claw
9) Doofah
10) Foobie

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chomper :chompysmile
Tricia
Littlefoot :)littlefoot
Ducky :duckyhappy
Petrie :)petrie
Spike aka the little bro :^^spike
Loofah :PCera
Doofah
Strut
Ozzy :OzzyAngry
Go Chomper!

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

6. Loofah
7. Red Claw
8. Doofah
9. Foobie
Time to update this.

1) Rhett
3) Old One
4) Ali's Father
7) Loofah
8) Red Claw
9) Doofah
10) Foobie
Wait, I'm sorry, RHETT is your favorite character? Or am I missing something here?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

6. Loofah
7. Red Claw
8. Doofah
9. Foobie
Time to update this.

1) Rhett
3) Old One
4) Ali's Father
7) Loofah
8) Red Claw
9) Doofah
10) Foobie
Wait, I'm sorry, RHETT is your favorite character? Or am I missing something here?
Flathead has never made a serious list ever :areyouserious

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Wait, I'm sorry, RHETT is your favorite character?
Yeah. Why are you wondering about it?   :rhett_smile

It's time to try to update my list too.

0. RHETT!!!
1. Littlefoot
2. Original Sharptooth
3. Mama Longneck
4. Grandpa Longneck
5. Chomper
6. Ducky
7. Cera
8. Grandma Longneck
9. Ruby
10. Etta

6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sharpely

• Scary and strangerous :D
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • Hard thing to fly...GRRRRRRRRRGGHHH!!!
    • View Profile
0. PETRIE!!!
1. Cera
2. Mr. Threehorn
3. Spike
4. Ducky
5. Littlefoot
6. Elsie
7. Hyp
8. Chomper
9. Ozzy
10. Thicknose
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 03:06:28 AM by Sharpely »

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

6. Loofah
7. Red Claw
8. Doofah
9. Foobie
Time to update this.

1) Rhett
3) Old One
4) Ali's Father
7) Loofah
8) Red Claw
9) Doofah
10) Foobie
Flathead has never made a serious list ever :areyouserious
Oh, I see. :P

Also, I'm glad zero is making its way on the list. Zero is an underrated number.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
A disclaimer that I still haven't seen the entire TV series yet (as of this writing, I've watched episodes #1-14 & #20), so I may return here with an updated list sometime after I've seen the remaining episodes. But this is where my favourite characters are at as of right now. :)

1. Littlefoot: He was my favourite character as soon as I saw the first movie, and he has remained as such. He's so loveable. He's kind, brave, loyal, and heroic. Immediately you root for him to succeed, and you feel for him during his hardships. The first, fourth, and tenth movies are where he shines the most, as they're the most personal for him, but he's still a fantastic character all around.

2. Cera: Despite feeling a little more partial to Littlefoot overall, Cera is in many ways the character I've identified with the most in this community. ImpracticalDino has even referred to me as a rambunctious orange threehorn before, which seems fitting enough. :p But aside from that, she's feisty and funny and spunky all rolled into one, while still showing her sweeter and more caring side beneath her brash exterior.

3. Ali: Easily my favourite guest star. She and Mama Longneck are the characters whom I most wish we'd had more time with. But Ali makes the most of her limited role in the series. She and Littlefoot are just so cute together. <3 She fit in so nicely with the rest of the Gang as well, leading to some unique and occasionally uncomfortable interactions, but ultimately proving herself to be a valuable member of the team in the end.

4. Mama Longneck: Wise, caring, and compassionate. She and Littlefoot form the emotional core of the first movie, and she has some of the most memorable scenes of the entire series. Even in the fifth movie, Littlefoot singing about her during "Always There" manages to be both sad and heartwarming. She also reminds me of my own mother.

5. Sharptooth: Also forming the emotional core of the first movie for entirely different reasons. I love how he's played completely serious in his every scene, and the conflict between him and Littlefoot is gritty and personal in a way that is often sadly missing from later antagonists in the series. The mood intensifies every time he shows up. He's iconic, scary, and awesome all at once.

6 & 7. Mama & Papa Sharptooth: I love the transition of their character arc; how they start off appearing just like the original Sharptooth, but it's eventually subverted as it turns out there's more to them than meets the eye. Then they slowly but surely (sorta) become good guys in the end. Having more friendly adult sharpteeth in the series was a wasted opportunity, imo. On the other hand, it helps these two stand out that much more.

8. Plated Sharptooth (from LBT 5): Yet another sharptooth who manages to be both awesome and scary. The fight between him and Chomper's parents is one of the best in the series, and surprisingly gritty as well. Sharptooth vs. Sharptooth is another thing I would've loved to have seen more of.

9. Ducky: More than anyone else, Ducky stands out as the heart of the Gang. Judith Barsi really owned her role. Such a fantastic performance from such a gifted young actress. Outside of the first film, Ducky also has a memorable role in the eighth film, as she and Spike take center stage in a lovely story that devotes itself to exploring their relationship.

10. Guido: Awkward, cute, and funny. What's not to love?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 04:37:59 AM by StardustSoldier »

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
It's been two years since I've joined the forum and I never made a post here. My bad.  :oops

1. Spike
2. Shorty
3. Chomper
4. Rainbow Faces
6. Guido
7. Cera
8. Grandpa Longneck
9. Mama Longneck
10. Ali
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 08:38:33 PM by jassy »
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
It's been two years since I've joined the forum and I never made a post here. My bad.  :oops

Hey, no worries. Better late than never. :)