The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Fall/Winter RP

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I've been shying away from getting involved in RPs, simply because everyone else seems to be experienced with them but not me. :p And my RP ideas usually are limited...due to other stuffs I'm thinking and involved with currently.

I just had a thought, maybe there can be a LBT RP with the characters, just purely the LBT characters, no ocs, but it's about the LBT kids just finding the meaning in the particular seasons. Not necassarily use the words, "Christmas" or "Thanksgiving", but have the RP centered like that. So the kids are growing up to being older kids, pre teens to be exact and they just find it out.

The only reason why I think there shouldn't be any ocs is mostly because I wanted to see how everyone would use their imaginations without using ocs.

Please give me tips on how to make this RP better. Thank you.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I admit this idea sounds good, but there is one issue I fell I must bring up...and that is the lack of fc;s to RP as. While yes, it will center around the GOF...or GOS if we happen to include Ruby and Chomper, would still leave only a few elders like Topsy, Mr.Thicknose, and IF they are still around Littlefoots grandparents, along with any other valley elders I may have missed.

However despite that minor set back, I'd be more than willing to give it a try. :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There is the celibration shown in a tv episode called The Lonely Journey.  It is like thanksgiving.  I"ll have to get the dvd to see what it was called.  Folks were sitting around and were eating piles of leaves and talking.  

There is also the bright circle calibration.  I'd guess that is held in the spring or summer, also seen in a tv episode.  There is also the time, assuming it is once a year, when the folks visit to eat from the treesweet tree, seen in the 11th movie.  The giving celebration at the end of the 3rd movie may have evolved into either the bright circle celebration, or the one seen in the Lonely Journey tv episode.

As for kid Fc's there is the gang of 5, or 7 if Ruby & Chomper are present.  Also Guido & Skip live in the Great Valley, as does all the tinysauruces.  Either Ali's herd may visit which would mean Ali & Rhett would be open, but they seem to visit during the spring or fall.  Tippy's herd seems to visit during the winter times.  Also Bron and Shorty may visit and be open for rp.  I've not seen the 13th movie, but may maybe the yellowbelllies may visit, to give more folks for players to play as.  Also, the parents of the kids & some other adults.  Littlefoot's grandparents, Petrie's mother, Ducky's mother (and father since he's not mentioned being dead), Tria, Mr. Thicknose & Clubtail.  Some unnamed adults, Mrs. Mia, a named adult who has no lines.  Doc may visit the valley, it may take place before or after he has his ladyfriend Dara along so he may visit alone, or with Dara.    

Just some ideas I had of Fc's that may be playable.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@GVG:The only reason why I wasn't going to allow fan characters was because I noticed that there aren't too many strict LBT role plays here. ALL characters from the LBT universe are welcome, just not the fan characters. I simply wanted to see how that would work. Also, I wanted a challenge for me.

I'll be thinking a way to start this rp, once more and more people become interested in this.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True, but there are some oc's that are strick lbt with no super powers, magic powers, and such things like that.  All of mine for instance.  Though if you want to run an fc only rp because most oc are not lbt strict, that leaves out the ones that are.  You could say you want to try gming a short rp with just the available fc's to see if you would like gming.  Or allow oc's on a case by case bases and the info has to be pmed to you so you can look it over.  Up to you.

You could also say it is just a normalish day in the Great Valley with the rp starring in the morning as the sun rises and ends as the sun is getting close to setting and the kids have to go their sleeping places.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okies dokies,
Well, thought over it fan characters are welcome. For now. In the future I'll try to do this again and see if anyone will be willing to just play with the original characters (Little Foot, Cera, Spike, Ruby, Grandma Longneck, etc.)

Just remember guys, the LBT characters HAVE to be true to LBT. Post here your fan characters if you are interested in the idea here and if I think they do stay there to LBT, you're in!

Plot to start us off: (rough draft, it MIGHT alter and change)

Millions of years ago, before there were people, turkeys, pigs, common thanksgiving dinners, christmas dinners, legends, stories, Santa, or even Christ, there were these strange creatures that lived in a completely different society. However, their celebrations and were not much different then our own. According to season, they would celebrate the "time of the changing tree stars" or as we would call it, "fall", and the time of the frozen sky water, also known to us as "winter". In the Great Valley, there was sure to be a celebration for these seasons. Even if sometimes, there seemed to be nothing to celebrate...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is there anyone who wants to take any of the FC's?   I would guess that Tippy may be aviable for the winter part since both times his herd appeared it was around snowfall, up to Rat lady7 though, of course.  I'm not sure which my oc's I may bring into this.  Maybe just 1-2, but I"m not sure which.  

I'll do a list of the fc's unless Rat Lady7 would rather do that and then I"ll edit my list off.  

The Gang

Littlefoot -
Cera -
Ducky - Rat_lady7
Petrie -
Spike - (or just let Ducky's player do Spike too? )
Chomper -
Ruby - Rat_lady7

Kid Friends/Family of the gang
Guido -
? Tippy [if his herd is visiting, up to the gm]
Shorty [up to the gm if Bron is visiting or not]

Adults
Grandpa Longneck
Grandma Longneck
Threehorn - Rat_lady7
Ducky's Mother [not sure if her father is avaliable or not so I didn't list him}
Petrie's Mother
? Tria [if she's moved to the valley]
Mr. Thicknose

Bron [if he is visiting]
Doc [if he is visiting]
Mr. Clubtail

as mentioned the GM may wish to do a list themselves in which case I"ll edit and delete this one.  Also it's up to them if Chomper, Ruby, and/or Tria have moved to the Great Valley yet or not, and certain folks are visiting like Doc, Bron & Shorty, Tippy's herd.  & if it takes place somewhere after 10 so Littlefoot has met and knows of Bron & Shorty.   I didn't list Mo since he's stuck in the water so if he were available the player could only rp him when someone is near the water.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks Kor, but I thought fc stood for Fan Character. Those characters aren't created by fans, they're the actual characters. And this rp does take after the 13th sequel AND the tv series. Pterano is too. Unless adding Pterano in the rp is considered less of a strict LBT roleplay. :p

Every single one of characters listed is welcome. Including Mo. :yes

I honestly don't care if Spike is played by the same person that plays Ducky or not.

The character's I'll be playing include:
-Ducky
-One of Petrie's siblings
-Ruby
-Mr. Threehorn

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No, FC is for Feature Character, the ones seen in movies, tv series, comic books, ect., at least in the places I've rped at.  OC has stood for Original Characters that are made up by fans, like my OC of Diver, one of Ducky's twin sisters.  Though I could say she's in certain shots of Ducky's sibblings, she's never named so is really an oc.  Just one of the few oc's that one could say, that is her right there.  :)

With Petrie's Uncle Pterano it depends if you are sticking with cannon and the 7th movie, in which for him to be back the gang has to be 5 years older then in the movies and tv series, or if you are saying the 7th movie did not happen or the ending was different, up to you.