The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Compsognathus

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Do you think The Land Before Time (Series) should feature the Compsognathus, if so go to this topic called New episode for The Land Before Time (TV Series)?

AnimeLover

• Chomper
    • View Profile

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: AnimeLover,Apr 9 2009 on  06:37 PM
What's A Compsognathus?
Look at this video here, and you'll find out what Compsognathus's are, OK.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
A Compsognathus is the smallest dinosaur ever discovered, I believe. It's a theropod dinosaur, meaning it was a predator (although some theropods were herbivores, belonging to the therizinosaur family). Like T-Rex, Compsognathus had only two fingers on its hands. It was likely to be an insectivore, I believe, perhaps also preying on small lizards and other small animals.

Despite what's depicted in The Lost World, there is no evidence to suggest Compsognathus was capable of killing prey the size of a human, and I don't think there is any evidence to prove they were pack animals either. As far as I know, Compsognathus would have been relatively harmless to a human.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Apr 9 2009 on  07:36 PM
Despite what's depicted in The Lost World, there is no evidence to suggest Compsognathus was capable of killing prey the size of a human, and I don't think there is any evidence to prove they were pack animals either. As far as I know, Compsognathus would have been relatively harmless to a human.
Unless you get them mad B).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They could be interesting in a movie or episode.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: JBJB1029,Apr 9 2009 on  08:44 PM
Even so, they likely wouldn't be able to kill a human. There's no strong evidence to suggest that they could kill anything human-sized. You cannot use The Lost World as a basis for this belief because hollywood movies have a lot of inaccuracies. Compsognathus would more likely run away from a much larger animal than stand and fight. A Compsognathus is poorly equipped to take down much bigger game. They didn't have strong jaws, far as I know. They didn't have strong hands or very large claws. And since there is no evidence to prove they lived in groups (unless you can provide real evidence that isn't from a hollywood movie or a fiction book), Compsognathus would not have been able to inflict significant damage on a human-sized animal.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Apr 9 2009 on  07:56 PM
Quote from: JBJB1029,Apr 9 2009 on  08:44 PM
Even so, they likely wouldn't be able to kill a human. There's no strong evidence to suggest that they could kill anything human-sized. You cannot use The Lost World as a basis for this belief because hollywood movies have a lot of inaccuracies. Compsognathus would more likely run away from a much larger animal than stand and fight. A Compsognathus is poorly equipped to take down much bigger game. They didn't have strong jaws, far as I know. They didn't have strong hands or very large claws. And since there is no evidence to prove they lived in groups (unless you can provide real evidence that isn't from a hollywood movie or a fiction book), Compsognathus would not have been able to inflict significant damage on a human-sized animal.
What about what Kor said in the post that he posted on April/09/2009, 07:53 PM.