The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

jassy’s Fanart

jassy · 359 · 44064

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
wowww, has it really almost been a year since i last posted on this thread??   :p sorry guys, work has been eating up all my time, but things are becoming more manageable now so i decided to redraw Nimble since i’ve been writing for Across The Seasons again! It’s been a while, so cut me some slack please lol  :PCera

"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
As StardustSoldier already stated, it looks amazing jassy. The facial expression was conveyed here very well, as I can feel the sorrow, regret, and betrayal that gleams from her eye and frowned mouth. The direction that Nimble looks back to tells me that he wants to go back, but yet he can't. The scars present on Nimble's left leg does well to represent a conflict with another Sharptooth that probably occurred earlier that led to what we see here in this caption. I'm not really sure what the background is, other than a very secluded foliage area at night time, as you can see (fireflies?) illuminate around him. It does well to blend in with the tone that was already set with this drawing and create a bigger tension of uncertainty. Awesome work, jassy! :DD

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
That looks fabulous! Great job.

Thank you!! Much appreciated  :DD

As StardustSoldier already stated, it looks amazing jassy. The facial expression was conveyed here very well, as I can feel the sorrow, regret, and betrayal that gleams from her eye and frowned mouth. The direction that Nimble looks back to tells me that he wants to go back, but yet he can't. The scars present on Nimble's left leg does well to represent a conflict with another Sharptooth that probably occurred earlier that led to what we see here in this caption. I'm not really sure what the background is, other than a very secluded foliage area at night time, as you can see (fireflies?) illuminate around him. It does well to blend in with the tone that was already set with this drawing and create a bigger tension of uncertainty. Awesome work, jassy! :DD

wow, how do you know my character so well without having even read the story she’s in?  :PCera jk jk, thank you for the kind words!  :^^spike

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is a great drawing! I love your art style :D

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Really good to see you posting some more fanart Jassy!

It's been a while since I've seen your other works but this one seem like a good improvement overall with proportions and the eyes look great as always! A small critique I think is that her left leg looks a little thick on the lower half?

Very nicely done though and I hope to see you post a bit more often! :smile

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
It is nice to see you continue with drawing fanart after a pause. It's indeed very true that work or school tend to eat most of our free time as is the case with me currently. But putting that small complexity aside, I am not too familiar with your drawings in this section thus far, but I can see why people like them as you have an exceptional style in your work, which is something that should always be appreciated more as all artists cannot be exactly the same in every manner. Distinct qualities make the method stand out among hundreds of other pictures and drawings.

As ImpracticalDino already expressed, the appearance of Nimble is what one would expect after living a harsh life filled with uncertainties and it is very much evident that she has been in harm’s way more than once judging by not only her demeanor but visage as well. The claw marks on her leg only reinforce this sentiment and you can’t help but feel sympathy for this unfortunate soul. The background was also a very good addition to the picture as it makes the picture more vivid, if that is the right for it. Likewise, I have to praise the composition of her eyes as I very much find the entire proportion to be perhaps one of the best parts in this drawing. As the rest of her appearance emanates that deep sorrow smoothly, it is no doubt her eyes that tell the full story of her tragic tale.

However, some things in the picture did bug me, the most notable being that her tail seemingly just disappears at one point, which is quite flabbergasting to say the least. It would have worked a lot better in my opinion, if you had drawn the entire aspect of her tail all the way, as that small deviation is distinguishable. The shape of her head is somewhat sluggish as a result of making the rest of her figure runtish in comparison to the rest of her body. Despite those small critiques about your picture, it was predominantly a success. Thank you for sharing it with us and I’ll be sure to check out the rest of your works. I can’t wait for what you might bring us in the near future! :)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
It looks hypnotising for some reason... Maybe combination of unique background and dinosaur's look...

It's beautiful. Well done, Jassy!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This is a great drawing! I love your art style :D

Thanks so much Mumbling! Most of my drawings lately have been more  semi realistic and i missed drawing in this style, so here I am  :PAli

Really good to see you posting some more fanart Jassy!

It's been a while since I've seen your other works but this one seem like a good improvement overall with proportions and the eyes look great as always! A small critique I think is that her left leg looks a little thick on the lower half?

Very nicely done though and I hope to see you post a bit more often! :smile

haha yeah, i was trying to make it look a bit  to show that it was facing more frontwards but it didn’t go as planned :p but thank you! Actually got another drawing in the works right now!

It is nice to see you continue with drawing fanart after a pause. It's indeed very true that work or school tend to eat most of our free time as is the case with me currently. But putting that small complexity aside, I am not too familiar with your drawings in this section thus far, but I can see why people like them as you have an exceptional style in your work, which is something that should always be appreciated more as all artists cannot be exactly the same in every manner. Distinct qualities make the method stand out among hundreds of other pictures and drawings.

As ImpracticalDino already expressed, the appearance of Nimble is what one would expect after living a harsh life filled with uncertainties and it is very much evident that she has been in harm’s way more than once judging by not only her demeanor but visage as well. The claw marks on her leg only reinforce this sentiment and you can’t help but feel sympathy for this unfortunate soul. The background was also a very good addition to the picture as it makes the picture more vivid, if that is the right for it. Likewise, I have to praise the composition of her eyes as I very much find the entire proportion to be perhaps one of the best parts in this drawing. As the rest of her appearance emanates that deep sorrow smoothly, it is no doubt her eyes that tell the full story of her tragic tale.

However, some things in the picture did bug me, the most notable being that her tail seemingly just disappears at one point, which is quite flabbergasting to say the least. It would have worked a lot better in my opinion, if you had drawn the entire aspect of her tail all the way, as that small deviation is distinguishable. The shape of her head is somewhat sluggish as a result of making the rest of her figure runtish in comparison to the rest of her body. Despite those small critiques about your picture, it was predominantly a success. Thank you for sharing it with us and I’ll be sure to check out the rest of your works. I can’t wait for what you might bring us in the near future! :)

Thanks for the feedback Anagnos! Yeah, I did mess up a little bit when trying to make her heads proportionate to the rest of her body unfortunately :p and her tail is actually just hidden behind the grass, although i can see how it looks like it just straight up disappeared lol  :PCera thank you so much for the kind words! :DD

It looks hypnotising for some reason... Maybe combination of unique background and dinosaur's look...

It's beautiful. Well done, Jassy!

Thank you Sneak!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I really love this! The contrast of the fireflies against the muted background help to paint a somber picture of reflection that matches Nimble's face as she's caught in a predicament of her own. Really gives the piece a nice soothing feel overall! :)
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is a really great picture, Jassy! I just love the expression and it looks very genuine. The picture as a whole is quite stylized but it works very well here. I think the tail blending into the background looks especially cool and creates real depth to this picture. Also, the background is done quite well and it looks quite mysterious. If I have to pick something that could be improved, the way the tail comes from the body looks rather weird. But other than that, this is a good return to drawing from you! :)petrie

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Really nice, I don't really have anything to add since everyone else beat me to it already :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks so much for the kind and helpful feedback everyone!  :^^spike I’m glad to hear that my first attempt at drawing wasn’t actually so bad  :Mo

I’m trying to get back into the habit of drawing, so here’s a drawing of another Across The Seasons character, Indigo, while she’s on the hunt. She’s a unenlagia, a type of dinosaur that primarily eats fish but is as big as an ostrich. :PCera

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh man when you said you were working on another I didn't think it would be this quick! I know I've asked you if you wanted to join in on the prompts again (and these would've been perfect for the OC prompt) but just throwing it out there again that it would be great to see you participate again! (You can see the current prompt here)

Ok, back to the drawing. This one looks great as well! I like the colours in the sky and the reflection in the water for this one and Indigo looks to be drawn well too! A couple things in the background that I noticed. I think I might've mentioned this in another one of your drawings before but it looks like the horizon line is at an angle, which kinda throws me off. A few other small things could be having a bit more of a defining line between the edge of the water and the sky as well as maybe have her feet a bit more submerged in the water as it looks quite shallow. Just small things I noticed as the overall drawing is nicely done!  :)littlefoot

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This drawing is a pretty big improvement over your last one. It looks a lot more refined while using the same art style as last time. There are less imperfections and less of a grainy quality as well. The background is beautiful and the use of shading on the water reflecting the sunlight was very well done. The tail does look a little weird to me, as the outline of the tail itself and the colors that border each other in the tail looks a bit irregular to me, like sometimes bulging tiny bit outward here and there. Also, I do agree with Flathead770 that the horizon is angled weirdly and that there’s not a define line between the sky and water. In fact, perhaps you can say that without the submerged feet, it would almost be the same as drawing a character in a white background without anything else in it. Although, the huge contrast of colors between the upper and bottom half of the photo would suggest that at least something is there under the Unenlagia.

Overall, I really enjoyed spending a long time looking at this drawing jassy, and I look forward to many of your creations. :smile
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 04:22:02 AM by ImpracticalDino »

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
That one looks amazing! Great job! :DD
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Now this is some good improvement from your last drawing, the amount of detail invested in this is absolutely breathtakingly detailed. The quality is more exquisite and vividness generates extra caution with making the picture as versatile as possible. The background once again increases the likelihood conspicuously, and I’d say it is an advancement in creating these unique but imposing features in the drawing. I must agree with ImpracticalDino about the outline of the tail, as it does look a bit clumsily drawn, and in this scenario investing more time to the small details can add so much more validity when it’s due. I couldn’t help but pay extra close attention to the other features of Indigo as well. The noticeable issue here is without a doubt once again composition of the head compared to the rest of the body, but that in all is not a big critique. I said that the background works fine, but I did find one significant detail about it, and that is how the character evidently comes across as if they are floating mid-air, even though it is highly likely that the essence in question is water, it still sticks out the most. But as you might have guessed, these were rather small inconveniences and this was once again a very successful drawing from you, jassy. You continue to impress me with your one-of-a-kind style of drawing and I will most certainly look forward to your future drawings with barely contained glee. :D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 06:10:03 AM by Anagnos »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I love the washed out strokes of the background a lot. Simple but effective :^^spike

Can't spot anything obvious that's bad here but I'm not the most observant person when it comes to reviewing art. :P
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is also a very good drawing and does many things even better than your last one. The colors look especially amazing and they create a really cool feeling into the entire scene. While the expression may not be as relatable as in the last picture, it fits the scene perfectly. I absolutely love the background and the water looks really great as well. My only problem here are the feet as they seem quite weird. But other than that, great job, Jassy! :duckyhappy

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Can't spot anything obvious that's bad here but I'm not the most observant person when it comes to reviewing art. :P

Same with me, but I still try my best to observe and point out anything that can be improved. :^^spike