The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Video Game Streaming

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey gamers!

It's nothing new but just figured I ask if anyone's big on things like E-sports, Live Streams, Let's Plays, Twitch TV, UStream etc.? I've only just been dabbling in and out of it recently but it seems rather entertaining.

I've signed up with Twitch.tv not too long ago and, in case you weren't aware, our very own Mumbling has her own Twitch Channel whereby you can watch live streams of the games she plays. I'm a particular fan of her Binding of Isaac videos (such a twisted game to watch but great fun to play). Look her up on Twitch under the name "claydoodles".

On that note, does anyone else do "Let's Play"s or Live Streaming? Since I've acquired my PS4, I've been watching others playing on the "Live on Playstation" Twitch and UStream. Particular hilarity to be had when people are playing creepy games like P.T and the recent releases of Alien: Isolation and The Evil Within watching grown men and women whine and squeal like infants. I've even considered doing a bit of live streaming myself but not really sure on what to do or say. Will be giving it a shot with the school autumn holidays coming up since I'll have some time off work. I just landed Alien: Isolation so might give the world a laugh by screaming and swearing profusely. If you fancy it, my twitch ID is "kokapetl1616".

So what about you guys? You into streaming either watching or playing yourself?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do enjoy watching let's plays.   The livestreams shows I watch are not video game playing, but the folks who do 2 of the shows do have other shows where they stream as they play a video game.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I did a 2-hour karaoke livestream today. It was a good day. Kappa

That's enough Twitch for one day. I'd love to see you stream sometime, LF1616 :) As for my opinion on streams and lets plays. I by now prefer doing a stream over doing a lets play. The community that has formed around my streams is amazing. Every single one of them is a person full of love and kindness. The immediate feedback from everyone is amazing and hilarious. I know many wont ever understand what I'm talking about, but I've made some great friends on there like I've made friends on the GoF. I consider it a similar community, at least the ones that visit my stream, albeit a bit more perverted than the GoF will ever be :P: I like watching lets plays at work though, since I can't chat there anyway :)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I follow this guy on a semi-regular basis. Because it's so addicting I have to be careful not to lose half a day or worse.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I gave it a shot last night and tried a bit of streaming via my PS4. Didn't get that many viewers (think I had a max of about 6 people at one time) but those who jumped in and were commenting were of a good nature. I was playing Alien: Isolation and squealing like a pansy every time things got tense... which was pretty much the whole time. Started chatting with one Canadian guy about global events at one point all the while being hunted down by the bloody Xenomorph! Kinda akin to discussing cute puppy names during the blitzkrieg! Doubt me streaming will be a regular thing right now due to work constraints but I'd like to play around with it a bit more. I'll let you know next time I'm on Mumbling so you can catch the hilarity of me screaming like an infant whilst getting chased down.  :oops  :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sounds like pure entertainment. Please do, haha.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe someday the 2 of you can stream a co-op type of game.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I always wanted to try making some let's play videos, not so sure about streaming since the idea of doing something live like that is kind of intimidating, especially for the first time :p but like littlefoot1616 said, I'm not really sure what to do or say in those videos, since a majority of the time when I'm playing games I'm kinda silent cause I'm focusing on playing the game. Actually this kind of makes me wish some of us GoF members could get together and play some minecraft and even make a video that way, that game is so unpredictable and hilarious at times, and just one of the most fun games there is to play together with friends, there are so many amazing mods for that game to customize the experience however you like. Like I put together a version that has so many random structures and dungeons generate in the world as well as a huge variety of biomes that it gives players a reason to explore again, you never know what you're gonna find there is so much stuff, that game is just crazy fun when you make a private server with your friends :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If you were to stream you can have others in the call.  The afterparty of the brony show does that.  While Crimsonthewolf plays a game, the others can talk about whatever, if it is a single player game.  

You can have a number of private games on servers, minecraft is one of them.  They do that now and then on the afterparty.  Something else they do is do something with Gary's Mod with having some sort of Cinema where folks can gather to watch videos.   The place looks like a movie theater.  You can also throw popcorn at each other.  Not a place for playing together that Minecraft and other games allow one to do.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey gamers!

I know this thread's been gathering a bit of dust lately but thought I'd share a few of my experiences of streaming seeing as I've been going on and off for a couple of months now. I'm actually quite enjoying it! I can see how people can get absorbed into watching others playing games and joining in with their commentary. I'll admit I'm no pundit when it comes to quoting the game but I try to keep things interesting. I've had a few friends sign on with me and we bantered about the usual gaming tropes and news and I found that people were actively joining in. Which was nice.

I definitely won't rate myself as a regular streamer seeing as the day-to-day job robs me of a lot of free time in the evenings (a rant for another day) but I am attempting to make an appearance online on weekend evenings; mainly Fridays and Saturdays. I play a mixture of games from what's new to odds and ends mainly through the PS4. I'd love to get my Wii U hooked up coz there are plenty of games that deserve the air time.

If anyone is interested, please check out my streaming channel on Twitch which is the link below:
Littlefoot1616's Twitch Stream Channel
Littlefoot1616's Twitch Stream Channel

I've got a few old videos up and my last stream was of the very excellently crafted Axiom Verge (think modern take on Super Metroid). I'm streaming tonight in fact returning to Bloodborne. If anyone is interested, please do come and join me. I don't have many followers (I doubt I'll get that many) and I mostly just play for fun but I love chatting to others in the comments. Come join me tonight if you've got nothing else going. I'm online right now and will be for a few hours.

Will be happy to see you guys there! :D   :DD

Btw, the name Kokapetl is a reference to an old 80s cartoon I used to watch. I did get asked that once.  :oops  :lol

Truttle

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Might I ask, how does one load their videogame plays on the net? :3  :smile

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey Truttle!

For the majority of cases, you need yourself a PC capture card in order to stream. I just use the share button and feature on my console and everything else just clicks into place.

Played Bloodborne last night and if you know anything about Bloodborne or the Dark Souls series, it went just about as well as you'd expect. Started a new game and didn't even get past the first boss. Humiliating... :oops but hilarious at the same time (in hindsight  :lol )

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've been doing some let's play video's on Youtube for the past 6 months or so, as a fun little hobbie. Haven't tried to stream yet, though. So far, I've only recorded PC games, as I don't have a capture card. I only have Nintendo consoles other than my PC, and you know how great Ninty's relationship has been with LPers. :p

I've been mostly playing strategy games on there, like Civ 5, Openttd, Star Ruler 2, and lately Aurora 4x, but I've played a couple other games on there that aren't strategy games.

I'd like to try some streaming at some point, but I just haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

My channel is here, if anyone's interested.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Truttle

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Oh I see. I have a lot to learn. I'm not sure if I have a Capture card. And you're right, I forgot how picky Nintendo is about their content on Youtube. I really wanted to show some of my best matches on Smash Bros and other fighting games. X3

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey gamers!

Hope you're all having fun out there.

Just a heads up, I'll be streaming DmC: Devil May Cry this evening (or daytime depending on where you are in the world). If you want to join me, I'm on right now on twitch.tv. Really need to unleash some virtual aggression after the week I've had...grr!  :anger  :lol Would love to see ya there!

Link to my channel is in my previous post.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

Planning on getting some streams in this weekend and next week seeing as we are on half term holidays.

Figured I'm gonna go for all things monsters and creepy for next week so gonna be playing:

Dying Light
The Walking Dead (Tell Tale Series)
DmC: Devil May Cry
and possibly a few others if there's time.

If you'd like to join me, please come along to my Twitch Channel which is My Twitch Channel Live Stream

As of this moment, 13.42 on Friday 12th Feb, I'm currently playing Dying Light on PS4 and will be on for a while.

Hope to cya there guys. I appreciate anyone that comes by my stream. Thanks ;)