The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I got a Nintendo Wii today.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
After having a PS2 as my family's main game console since January 2002, we purchased a Wii today as an early Christmas gift. (Though as a rule, we can't play any other games besides Wii Sports until Christmas.)

We got the following games:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Wii Sports Resort
Mario Kart Wii

I know me and my parents are going to enjoy the console, and maybe my folks might become bigger gamers.

PS: I also got a copy of Friday the 13th Part VII.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Congrads, I hope you have a lot of fun with it.  But be sure to use the strap and don't throw the remote.  I heard some folks have a tendency to do that.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sounds awesome! Make sure to try out Metroid Prime 3. It's the best game I've ever played for the Wii.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Why not get Metroid Prime Trilogy? It comes with all three games specifically engineered for the Wii. I also highly recommend you get Super Smash Bros Brawl. It is such a fun game

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Brawl, I might get as a party game, but Metroid Prime never really interested me personally.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If the whole family will be playing on it maybe a party game or 2, and or some other games the family can play together or several can at once may be good.  Some games that 2 or more can plan and enjoy also.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Got guitar hero 5 for the wii the other day... it's actually quite fun, suprisingly... though no-one seems to like listening to Jittery try and sing  :lol .

It's a bit expensive though for all the instruments. But if you want my recomendation, get some wii points and load your Wii up with virtual console games. Fun!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd never get gifts like that! :p

Anyway, have fun with your wii! We still can't have any other console on tv than the N64 because my dad's already grumbling with this one.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm gettin a Wii from my Cousin, I already payed her for it and she Still have Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  I won't get till December though.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Ah, I recommend "Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games", it's much better. The Winter games aren't as fun as the the normal Olympic games, I was a bit disappointed when I played "Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games" the first time, they removed the very fun "Circuit Mode", which I simply can't understand!  :(

Other Games I recommend:

Captain Rainbow! It's one of my favorite Non-Mario Games! :D  Captain Rainbow was only released in Japan and it only sold 6000 copies in one week. :(  But I really like this game (the only problem was that I can't understand Japanese, so I had to use a walk-through to beat the game).

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a really good game, especially if you play with Homebrew add-ons, like texture, stage and music hacks! This game will never get boring!

I don't recommend Mario Strikers Charged, it's a really frustrating game. <_< If you are a hardcore gamer, and if you don't mind to lose 8 times in a row only at the second cup, then you won't have any problems with that game.

And I recommend the Homebrew Channel and all the applications!

[I hope my English was not too confused]

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
buy new super mario bros wii
Be warned though: It's a LOT harder than the old school ones. I'm sure many here will strongly disagree with me, but the controls to me just feel stiffer.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The next games I want haven't come out yet:

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing
Case Closed: The Mirapolis Investigation