The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

anyone seen the philadelphia experiment?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
a quick note you have to rent it to see it. saw the orignal last night. i've also seen the second one. the first one is based on a experiment the U.S. navy tried in oct 1943. their idea was to try to make a destroyer escourt invisble to radar. it was covered by some sort of fog there was a great flash of light the ship was gone. the only known witness is dead. any way back to the story. the ship reappeared in the norfolk naval yard. it dissapeared again and it was back in philadelphia! they classefied it beyond top seceret. they records were most likley destroyed. if you tried an experiment like this wouldn't you destroy the records you made?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I've seen that. And yes, I probably would destroy any evidence, although I don't know if I could kill anyone just for seeing.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
actully it was natural causes for the death of the only known witness. how would you keep something like that seceret?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Natural causes? I'm highly dubious about that, even to this day.

I'm not sure how I'd keep something like that a secret. Well, not letting people see it would be a start!  :lol:
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
forgot to mention he died in the 90's. most thought he was crazy.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know when he died, but still...it seems fishy to me.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
i agree it does seem fishy. if there are any more eyewitnesses they won't be talking about it because  of the government.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know it doesn't seem fishy, but to me, something about it just gives off vibes, you know?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
ya wonder how would you keep something like that seceret though?