The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

[VO] Voice-over Main Discussion Topic

Ducky123 · 178 · 34767

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wait is this even legal to do? Since this is owned by Universal.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wait is this even legal to do? Since this is owned by Universal.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No, we're all going to jail for doing this.

It's a fanproject. Sharing the movie or the music would be illegal in a sense, but since we all own copies of the dvd it can't hurt. It'll stay inside our boundaries and well, it's not like we're earning money off it.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's true we're not getting paid for this I just hope this is safe so no legal actions are gonna occur.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The vids are fine, you did a great job :)

You'd be a great narrator (narratress? :DD), Iris :yes

Though I think, generally, females are more likely to play the child characters than males due to their higher voices... so I'd rather suggest that a male member will be the narrator :) After all the LBT narrators always are males :DD
On top of that I doubt that any male can voice Ducky (except he is very young) :p

No, we're all going to jail for doing this.
Well, they first have to find us :P:
It's a fanproject. Sharing the movie or the music would be illegal in a sense, but since we all own copies of the dvd it can't hurt. It'll stay inside our boundaries and well, it's not like we're earning money off it.
My thoughts exactly :yes

Loyfe: I just realised the only thing Grandpa actually does is laughing/giggling when Littlefoot yawns  :unsure: So we actually can leave him out... If we do the sequels, he'd appear more :) There you could have him...
(Do we need Grandpa, Iris?)
Inactive, probably forever.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well I'm not sure I can do any of the main cast, I would be more than happy to do Pterano for you if you want if we ever get to the seventh movie. XD I voiced him in Vonboy's table readings, and can do a pretty good Michael York. :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if Grandpa or Grandma have any lines at all, it's been too long since I've seen the entire movie. I'll try to track it for you though :)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
No, they don't have any lines in the first film. They have a scene where they're chuckling at Littlefoot playing with the treestar, but that's it.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for that info! I suppose we can scrap those roles for the first movie then :)

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If you still need a voice, I'd be interested. I sound like a hyperactive tween most of the time, but I can tone it down. I can do young or older girls voices, or even young male voices - that is, if by young you mean about until their voices change XDD can't go that low. I'm fairly flexible with most accents, and I can attempt some low, sober, tenors :)
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Hmm...I'd probably serve as a better narrator than the ones we have in the franchise (well, despite their ages. RIP to both of them). I might narrate as well. I'm not sure yet.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, the Grandparents aren't needed then :)
Inactive, probably forever.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Gotcha. Well, other than a very different take on the narrator, I don't see any roles in the first movie that I'd fit into. Oh well.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
PS the videos have already been taken down lol.

Thanks Universal, we hate you too <3

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Man that was fast. Are they this tight fisted with all their copyrights?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not sure, but they sure are picking on LBT. Not sure why, as they don't even sell their stuff anymore and they don't claim ad revenue... They just straight-out delete it.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think I could give the Narrator a shot. Maybe with a good Patrick Steward impresson or something.  :smile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have made a document that anyone can view with what is said in the movie:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n9Lb5eA...dit?usp=sharing

Feel free to let me know if I should correct something I heard wrong.

Also, I have created a skype group for those interested so that we can have conversations about it without spamming the gof or the gof live chat :p If you wish to be part of that group please send me your skype name :)

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jun 26 2013 on  04:32 AM
I'm not sure, but they sure are picking on LBT. Not sure why, as they don't even sell their stuff anymore and they don't claim ad revenue... They just straight-out delete it.
Almost treating it like a stain. I'm surprised Universal hasn't started harassing Don Bluth by now.