The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Information on the series

Noname · 72 · 11053

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Knowing Action9000 here to hold the same problem, I bet even if he did write one up, it would take several weeks to finish. When it comes to wanting an episode guide, you really need patience.
I am willing to write up brief synopses of the episodes, which won't take much time to write.  I'll write up the first one tomorrow, once I get home and watch the recorded episode!  Right now, I'm working on a way to compress the video to a small enough size that I can share it.  My TV recording software records in an almost uncompressed .MPEG format, which will make each episode over 1 GB! :o

I should be able to compress it with a bit of effort but I"m still hunting around for tools to help me with that.  I'm currently downloading Premiere Pro, which should be able to handle this nicely enough (I'm suddenly very thankful I have a lot of memory in my computer, working with videos this large!) B)  With any luck, it will be downloaded by tomorrow when I get home.

There is rumor stating that the series will premire on Cartoon Network next month, around the release of the 12th movie.
I noticed that as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Land_Befo...ime_(TV_series)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ Tim, you have a Windows computer.  Download Windows Media Encoder 9 series....then you should be able to get something small enough to give to the group.  Doesn't matter that it'll make a propietary file out of it...we shouldn't be wanting to do anything with it anyway. :p

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...er/default.mspx

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Great, we're relying on a rumor that's presented on Wikipedia, one of the #1 "most unreliable websites in the world".   :angry:
Oh well, if nothing else, there will always be DVD sales to look forward to. But I imagine that it will be available somewhere other than Canadian TV.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Great, we're relying on a rumor that's presented on Wikipedia, one of the #1 "most unreliable websites in the world.

Ain't it the truth. XD

I just hope it does air on CN. I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, but the other week during the holidays each day they showed a LBT movie (the newer ones at 10: 30 in the morning) I'm not sure if CN just did it for show or maybe they were doing it for a reason relating to either LBT12 or the series. That I honestly don't know, but here's hoping for the best.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I would imagine CN had a reason, then, because they rarely "just show movies", unless its to get the audience ready for something upcoming or because its a certain date on the calendar.
As for which one they're doing it for: it could be for both, they could be playingon showing LBT12, first, then moving on to the series. That would make sense.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
WR, is right. I believe they only show Cartoon Network movies on Friday mornings, we're talking about all 5 days of the week. Maybe something really is coming.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
One can only hope.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
The episode that we have is evidently the THIRD one. On the first day, we missed TWO episodes (at least according to wikipedia.)

This is what wikipedia said:

1    January 5, 2007    The Cave of Many Voices    
Chomper's secret cave in the Great Valley becomes leaky and the Gang goes exploring in the deep caves to search for another suitable cave for Chomper to live in. Meanwhile, Ruby teaches Ducky how to act and talk big. The song Adventuring is reprised.
2    January 5, 2007     The Mysterious Tooth Crisis    When Chomper loses his tooth, he and Gang decide to travel around the Great Valley to figure out what is wrong. Meanwhile, Cera, Spike and Ruby relax in Tria's secret mud spa.  There are no songs in this episode.
3    January 12, 2007    The Star Day Celebration    Ruby misses her family on her "Star Day" (a.k.a. birthday) and the Gang tries to help cheer her up by being true friends and bringing Ruby her favorite food.

Remember, this is wikipedia; what we see has to be considered carefully.
Also, in episode one, we probably learn about how Chomper and Ruby have come to be in the valley, and in the second episode, when the caption says "spa", it probably means "hole."

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Aw, nuts.

"Star Day"? Wasn't it called "Hatching Day" in the movies?

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jan 16 2007 on  06:25 PM
Aw, nuts.

"Star Day"? Wasn't it called "Hatching Day" in the movies?
I thought it was originally called Hatching Day, too. But I think the animated series is meant to be only lightly based off of the movies, so that could explain it. Slightly.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Only wikipedia describes it as "lightly based." So far, what we've seen sugests that it is directly based due to the references to previous movies, appearence of movie characters outside of the original five chracters and their close relations, etc, reappearances of movie landmark(s), and probably other things that I forgot.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile