The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Some random fanart...

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
it looks very good :exactly
Well Done! :yes
Looking forward for the coloured one^^
Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yep, just got my tablet out to colour it... and it's got a nice layer of dust on it... :blink:
Well, that just goes to show how long I haven't been using it for. :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Right! As promised, I have a coloured version of the sketch I showed you. Surprisingly, it only took me a day to colour in GIMP, and it didn't crash on me either. Hooray!  :DD

So, here's Nahla:

As I looked back on what I once called home,
I set out on a journey, all on my own,
Nothing but a voice telling me from nowhere,
Saying, “The Great Valley, you must go there!”
I stumbled, I slipped, I ran, and I hid,
From those wanting to kill me, a Shadowlander but still a kid,
I remembered my sister, my brother, my mother,
And how I didn't join them, one way or another,
I look up to the sky, in the black of night,
Remembering how she told me there would always be light,
I keep pressing on, I can't look back,
But tiredness takes over, my body gets slack,
I've got to give survival all that I have to give,
But sometimes I wonder, “How do I still live?”

Yes, I even made a poem to go with it, and a poorly written one at that. Hey, I wrote it at around 6:30am one morning before school. :lol

Heh, I can't do wasteland-ish backgrounds to save my life. This was a first attempt, so cue me killing the smudge tool button. Yeah, and you know who that really badly made cloud is supposed to be. If not... it's strongly implied in Nahla's fanfiction. Also added the Mountains that Burn back there in a pre-eruption state. Please excuse the lack of quality with things like anatomy here, but I'm happy with it, for my first drawing in around a month and a half or something like that. :blink:

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, what should i say...
AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing this somerandomfangirl :wow  :wow  :wow
And the poem... just great :yes  :yes  :yes

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I LOVE IT

THANK YOU.

Love the poem,it actually really reflects on Nahla's story

You made my day!  :D

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thanks guys! :DD

If anyone wants to see a larger version of this, you can find it it here!
here!

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks beautiful^^ the landscape, everything. It's so serene there, and Nahla is represented so nicely!
Luv it!!
And happy starday, girl ;)
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It's amazing!  :D

You captured the feel of a wasteland really well.

And Nahla is also done perfectly  :D.

Also Littlefoot's Mother's cloud is awesome.It like she looking down on Nahla

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Quote from: StrutEggStealer,Mar 31 2013 on  01:44 AM
Looks beautiful^^ the landscape, everything. It's so serene there, and Nahla is represented so nicely!
Luv it!!
And happy starday, girl ;)
Aw, thanks Strut. It's been a really good day so far. :D

And thanks Zimba. Glad to know you all like it so far, it's been good to start drawing again. :D

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Okay, here's something I did that's a bit different. My younger cousin has come over for a sleepover tonight, and she desperately wanted to do some painting, and I joined in since, well, might as well. Whelp, here's the result:

Eh, it's blurry and a mess, but this is the best I could take with my really bad camera. The phone didn't do any better. :/ Heh, I only just noticed that the paint colours show up a LOT more when it's dry, so now there are some extreme light/dark patches on the longneck there, although the light underbelly's intentional. I don't think the neck's long enough either, but it probably would have gone off the canvas. :lol

The background fails. The only thing I do like is the sky. It looks a fair bit better in real life than in the picture, though. Ah well, first painting I've done in, er... 2-3 years, I think. My painting skills have always been bad, so overall I'm okay-ish with this one.

I think I'll stick to digital art on paper and GIMP.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Where's the problem???

Hey! That looks good to me, sure it's not perfect, but I like it :P:

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Epic.

My result would look nothing like that.

Digtial painter here

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That's really good. Are you going to fame your piece or art?

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Hehe, thanks guys. :D

@Nahla: Oh same here! Gotta sketch on paper, then colour it on the computer so I get a much better result. Well, it was nice doing something different all the same.

@Mr Wonk: I might just hang it up in my room for the sake of hanging it up. I currently have a sunset painting that I did about 3 years ago now, but it's not that great and I could replace it. My mum has put this one up on a shelf against the wall for now since she seems really impressed with it. :D

I officially hate painting now. :lol

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Never hate what your parents like. :lol I think it's cool that your mum like it. :DD

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Just realised that some of the links weren't working because I moved some stuff around on Photobucket. Sorry about that one, but hopefully it should be all fixed now. :)

Well, update while I'm here: There will be more art coming up this week, mostly as a present. Sheesh, I need to draw more... and I also need to colour and upload that Ducky sketch I promised Ducky123. :D

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yay, I found your dA! I've been meaning to ask for it for a while, but never really got around to it. So, excuse me while I stalk you...

Just kidding.

Anyway, your drawing skills are amazing! They're much better than I could ever do. I'm really looking forward to more!  :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I look forward to both :D

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,May 20 2013 on  10:19 PM
Yay, I found your dA! I've been meaning to ask for it for a while, but never really got around to it. So, excuse me while I stalk you...

Just kidding.

Anyway, your drawing skills are amazing! They're much better than I could ever do. I'm really looking forward to more!  :)
NOO! Don't stalk me!! :blink: :lol

Anyway, thank you very much! I'm glad you like it. :D

Hopefully I'll get the first thing done on time, then I'll get on with that Ducky drawing. :P:

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Oh no! I didn't finish it before the deadline!  :blink: Ah well, it's still morning for you, Nahla, so that's okay.... isn't it? :lol

So... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Here's the present for you:

Hmm... I'm outta practice, and I was in quite a big rush to get this done. Lazy colouring, lazy background. I could have done more with it but I hate being late for things.  :bang

So here's Nahla and Littlefoot, just like I promised. Geez, now I know why I never tried drawing Littlefoot before, his colours were a pain to get right! That and he looks... a bit weird... I dunno if it's because his eyes are too big or if it's his mouth, or both, but I'm not too sure about him. Actually, now that I look, his body looks a bit big too... dang it. :slap I'm quite happy with Nahla though. :D

Yay, for once I have drawn something. I haven't drawn for nearly two months so it's no surprise if I'm out of practice. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this!  :yes

EDIT: After Zimba pointed out that I hadn't got Nahla's markings right, I changed it around so hopefully it should be more accurate now. That and I have darkened the characters because they did look a little bit too light to me. I hope the link works now as Photobucket is blocked in school and I'm uploading this in a PE lesson because my foot hurts too much to do anything. I will say, I am very disappointed with this. It was rushed and not done very well, and I had a friend over and there were a load of distractions around me. Hopefully the next one will be better. Sorry Nahla. :(