The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Some random fanart...

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
LOVE IT!

You draw Nahla better then me..and she my OC

Thanks so much Rammy!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
sure it's not perfect, but perfection isn't asked here anyway :yes

I'm glad you eventually came to draw something again :D It looks great, far better I could do ;)
Inactive, probably forever.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Not trying to me a critic but doesn't Nahla have leg markings and pink toes?

Overall it great!,Nahla is looking a little tubby though :lol

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Oh crap! Yes she does, Zimmy. I completely forgot about that! I have some spare time so I can change that. I knew I rushed it too much. :bang

EDIT: Changed it. :)

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Here's even moar longneck art for you guys.

This drawing took a lot of time to complete. I started to sketch two weeks ago now, and now I've only just finished it. The first week was a pain in the butt because of exams, and this week was also a pain in the butt because of drowsy hay fever tablets so I couldn't concentrate without my eyes burning.

So, these are the kids of Grandma/Tosa and Grandpa/Thunderfoot in my fanfic. If I gave them more than four I wouldn't be able to keep up. :lol I'll also put their bios here:

Linnaea (Largest, brown one): The oldest of the four. She's already reached the time of great growing, so most of her time is spent either with her family or at her thinking spot on any hill she can find that looks over her home. She had a fairly rocky start to her life, but then someone came along who changed her life for the better. She does a look a bit different to the other kids, but all will be revealed in time. (Spooiiilleeerrrrssss)

April (AKA LF's mother, purplish-grey one): Second oldest of the four. Most of her nest ended up being destroyed after a catastrophic earthquake and the eggs that weren't destroyed ended up being duds. April was late hatching, so her parents thought for a short while that this batch of eggs had failed. Until her younger siblings were born, she was obedient and stuck close to her family, only going off to play with her friend on some occasions. This all changed when along came...

Taro (pale grey one): The biggest troublemaker of the kids and the youngest along with his twin sister Camelia. He's adventurous, never follows the rules, and has a big influence on his older sister. A lot of the time his antics get him into trouble with the predators residing on the outskirts of his home, but he never seems to learn his lesson. Nevertheless, he's a happy chappy and plans to live life to the full.

Camelia (dark grey one): Twin sister of Taro and the quietest of the group. She was born weak and hasn't recovered, and everyone knows that she probably won't make it to the time of great growing. Nonetheless, she tries to enjoy herself and be grateful for what she has. She usually hangs around with her parents or Linnaea rather than play because of her sickness, and seems to be quite wise for her age.

Ehh... don't really like the BG much. Besides that, I'm okay with it... I guess. :p

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The background looks fine, Molly :)

Great as always :yes Just one question: How old are they supposed to be in this drawing? Especially compared to Littlefoots age..

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
This is really great. Keep it up and I'm sorry I've been missing these great pictures!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thanks guys. And no worries, Mr Wonk. I don't mind. :yes

To answer your question, Ducky... I'm honestly not too sure. Taro and Camelia are both a little younger than Littlefoot, but nearly the same size as him (Grandpa did mention that Littlefoot was a bit of a slow grower :lol ), while April is around a year or two older and Linnaea is a fair few years older than that, nearly on brink of becoming a stroppy teen. To be honest, Linnaea could have done with being a little bigger, but... too late to really change that now (original GIMP file will probably be deleted while the netbook is getting updates). :(

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thanks Iris! :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay :)

All of them look older than LF to me hence I asked.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Neato! (I'm the only person ever who says neato  :crazy ) I like the angle of April's neck, and how it is juxtaposed against Taro's head.

What made you decide on their names?

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thanks! At first I thought that it would be a difficult pose to do, but it didn't take too long to get right.

I tend to use floral names for my characters when I run out of names that come from species. I was just looking through a list and picked some out. :DD

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So from dinosaurs you go to flowers? Well, that's interesting, I guess xD

At least I can unwatch you over at DA now /shot xD

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Well, I go from dinosaurs species names to more naturalistic names to names where the meaning reflects the character.

*Unamused face*  <_<

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,May 23 2013 on  04:52 PM
Oh no! I didn't finish it before the deadline!  :blink: Ah well, it's still morning for you, Nahla, so that's okay.... isn't it? :lol

So... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Here's the present for you:

Hmm... I'm outta practice, and I was in quite a big rush to get this done. Lazy colouring, lazy background. I could have done more with it but I hate being late for things.  :bang

So here's Nahla and Littlefoot, just like I promised. Geez, now I know why I never tried drawing Littlefoot before, his colours were a pain to get right! That and he looks... a bit weird... I dunno if it's because his eyes are too big or if it's his mouth, or both, but I'm not too sure about him. Actually, now that I look, his body looks a bit big too... dang it. :slap I'm quite happy with Nahla though. :D

Yay, for once I have drawn something. I haven't drawn for nearly two months so it's no surprise if I'm out of practice. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this!  :yes

EDIT: After Zimba pointed out that I hadn't got Nahla's markings right, I changed it around so hopefully it should be more accurate now. That and I have darkened the characters because they did look a little bit too light to me. I hope the link works now as Photobucket is blocked in school and I'm uploading this in a PE lesson because my foot hurts too much to do anything. I will say, I am very disappointed with this. It was rushed and not done very well, and I had a friend over and there were a load of distractions around me. Hopefully the next one will be better. Sorry Nahla. :(
Nicely done picture.

I admit, though, I really don't like fancharacter/canon character pairings. No offense or anything.