The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Explorer's Computer Fanart

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Thanks everyone! :D

@Chomper4: I could consider, but I miss half the requesits (a.k.a. the necessary images), since, as you may notice by my first images, I'm missing good pics of various LBT  characters. SSBB characters are easy to get though.

But one I was really interested in doing was related to SSB, but about the current one I'm playing, the forum based SSB: Collision.

However, once again, I lack the necessary images. ._.

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Then it would be possible to make a topic about that.

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm... I like all of these very much.  They're dark in nature, whcih appeals to me :yes.

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
How do you get a video clip from a video, movie, or DVD and make it into a picture?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have used media player classic.  You have to pause the video.  In media player classic it is under File you find Save Image.  Some other media players may have the same type of command under File.   The default format may be .png or .jpg.  If you are careful you may notice that it may let you pick a format other then the default, took me a bit of time to notice that.

Not sure if I explained well enough.  That is how I take screen shots, others may have other methods.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I also use Media Player classic. The screenshot quality depends much on the place you got the video from, and the videos themselves.

So, you might say mine's a pretty bad one because of the screenhot's quality, the screenshot in the lastest image.

Also, I'd advice .png to save a file, .jpg gives it a rather more messed up quality.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess the source makes a difference. I only recently learned from an online friend that .png is a better picture format then .jpg.  The LBTscreenshots I have (and the few Dinotopia mini series) are from dvd's so likely of ok quality.  They are not full screen.  The size seems to be set for the screenshot in media player classic even if you are playing full screen videos.

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Press Ctrl and the "I" button to take a screenshot from Windows Media Player.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just be sure to pause the video first, and be sure the paused one is exactly what you want for a screenshot.  Good luck on getting great screenshots.

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I tries to do it, but it doesn't seem to work. Give me sugestions of what I might be doing wrong.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Thank you Explorer, I always wanted to do how to take pics using the Windows Media Player :DD . Now what Chomper4 say is curious because it works for me. Chomper4, do you keep holding the control button as you press the i ? if you do it correctly a windows will display for you to choose the name of the file and the place you want to save it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What are you doing and what sort of problem are you having?  Also try to see where the default place is since it may be giving it a default name and put it in a default location.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So first, my Powerpoint, which is where I had to do this image, was acting up oddly. -_- Therefore, there are a few blurs, color traces and bad cuts all around it. If I can, I'll try again when I get my hands on my laptop, where I can use GIMP.

Anyways, this is a remake of a previous image. The first one was something of a mess because most of the images were blurred. <.<

This time, though, I managed to include all but Petrie. I'll take my advantage and say its because of story facts and not because I couldn't find a proper image. Ah ah ah.

And again, Littlefoot was a pain to find in the correct pose. Is it just me, or are the places where he looks, you know, mean, escaping from my sight? Cause that's the best I could get. o_o

Okay, enough explanations. Hope you enjoy!

Also, I'm trying to get the more-than-overdue chapter 24 of the fanfic done. <.<

By the way, this topic was fished from the 6th page. Ouch.