The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4

Nick22 · 606 · 56709

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes the first part will be Scooby and Dixies wedding.. which will give your characters time to get introduced..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Dr. Kerzach will be aboard the Phoenix with Nick.

Two questions,

When will Nick be rescued from the ship that was hijacked by Chong?

Which "arc" will be first after the wedding? MLP, Ratchet and Clank or something else?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It'd going to be awhile
 because the struggle to free Nick and the others from chong will take awhile.. as for thenext subplot, I will bring Ratchet Clank and angela in shortly after the wedding.. so i guess we could do the MLP subplot..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess the 2nd part will happen during part of the wedding or reception, or will some time pass then it happens, or do you not want to reveal it, or not decided yet?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I haven't decided it yet
.. it depends on how quickly we progress through the first part of the story..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, the characters could board the starship after the wedding then they give chase to Chong.

A running space battle ensues which results in The Spire of Winter going down on (Pony Planet or Ratchet and Clank Planet). Everyone survives but the engines, life support and weapons are severely damaged.

One question, should Chong be forced down on the same planet that the others crash land at?

Yeah, the MLP arc could be next.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
no he will escape nattowly and force  nick and aves onward to another region of space..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
not sure about that yet, although its noy unklikely given how big space is
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Guess Chong not being on the "Pony Planet" throws my original plans for the MLP arc out the window.

I will keep the "guard the Wonderbolts" plot and the villains (the terrorist group known as the Shadowbolts) for that arc.

I am keeping the "internal divide" thing that is caused by the appearance of the cutie marks on my characters. Now the problem is that I need something that will have the ponies helping the characters, which eventually shames the group that previously shunned the ponies to start helping them.

----------------

As for how my characters end up with cutie marks, they are too close to the epicenter of a sonic rainboom, which bathes them in intense magical energy - knocking them unconscious - when they come to, they find these marks on their bodies. The space troopers are equally close by but are unaffected because their heavy armor also provides protection against radiation.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
On a side note, because the names "Zenyatta", "Meguial", "AcurarĂˆ" and "Akhisar" sound f---ing cool (racehorse names), can I use them for vehicles?

Zenyatta can be a class of hovertank (equipped with a heavy laser cannon, several small plasma bolt cannons and very heavy armor)

Meguial can be a speeder bike (unarmed)

AcurarĂˆ can be a small inter-atmosphere fighter (equipped with autocannon, missiles or even bombs)

Akhisar can be a landspeeder (or dune buggy) with heavy machine guns or even light rocket pods (or bothy).

These will be found on the Spire of Winter

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dure you can use them Serris. and I guess we can have Chong land on the Pony Planet.. they'll chase him across the planet but hes able to escape at the last moment... Does that work?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 31 2011 on  10:23 PM
I guess we can have Chong land on the Pony Planet.. they'll chase him across the planet but hes able to escape at the last moment... Does that work?
Not quite. I'm trying to think of a situation that causes the ponies to ally with our characters, which then results in the shaming that some of my characters need to induce them to help guard the Wonderbolts.

On a side note, can another arc result in the characters facing "dark" (same skills and prowess as the normal counterparts but none of their good traits) versions of themselves?

Here are my counterparts:

Dark Deimos - has Deimos's sniping abilities and battle prowess but none of his sense of justice, teamwork and righteousness. (The egomanic soldier)

Dark Mr. Bigmouth - has Mr. Bigmouth's smarts but none of his morals. (The amoral scientist)

Dark Captain Fairchild - has Captain Fairchild's durable body, heavy weapons and martial prowess but none of his sense of duty or restraint. (The trigger-happy sociopathic soldier)

Dark Ms. Swimmer - has Ms. Swimmer's skill in melee combat but lacks her humbleness and gentleness. (The challenge seeking braggart)

Dark Lt. Martin - has Lt. Martin's skill in flying and dogfighting but lacks her humility, grace and kindness. (The foul mouthed braggart who sees everyone as inferior)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alright then the arc will happen as you have suggested.. So when should we start? do you guys need some time to get ready?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I was watching a pilot and opening of a silly superhero show from the 60's, captain nice. looks like he'd fit into the cafe, if it was on earth like the earlier versions were.  

Not sure which of my characters I"ll do.  I guess the logical ones who could go to the wedding, Velma and not sure who else would have been invited.   Though I can wait till folks get kidnapped or something and have velma call for help of she'd be the only one who would get invited since she does have what the current dr who would call a super phone, but an upgraded one since she can call from not only any time but any dimension/alternate universe/timeline also so could easily reach Jason or his tardis from anytime/where where she may be, ,maybe as well as a hidden communication device, if needed.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Veklma, guilmon Sara and the Rovers have been invoted out of your characters, Kor..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Guess velma or guilmon could call jason for help then.   Doubt the rovers know Jason, except for that one cameo where they saw him and wondered who he was, some guy who called Muzzle Scout and was able to pat him on the head and not get eaten, and walked away.   a stupid scene I know, but I put it in there, no idea what page .

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
it was actually a nice scene kor..you did a good job..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Sep 1 2011 on  02:57 PM
Alright then the arc will happen as you have suggested.. So when should we start? do you guys need some time to get ready?
You guys can go ahead and start it up.  As when that wedding scene thing is over and done with, I'll then be able to jump in.  As with what I stated before, I wont be part of the wedding thing, as my characters don't know anyone, so it wont really be logical for them to just randomly show up at a wedding.

Once the danger starts up/the threat is shown, then I'll be able to introduce my characters, Aimee included.  And yes, she still has her same robotic arms as from Darwin's Soldiers.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
alright mrdrake, that works fine.. so should i start this this weekend, or wait until Monday?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: