The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I graduated!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow Mumbling, that is a lot to read and take in I'll admit. So with pre-university education, junior high and high school are combined, and there are multiple levels depending on how competent is a student is in their ability to learn. That actually seems like a pretty fair school system, as it gives everyone equal opportunity to succeed and get a choose a career that they want to do. Seems pretty neat, I must say.

I read more about your laser eye surgery, and the way you described it was pretty quick and painless. Although I did imagine that the healing process would be very irritating at worst. You still have no problems with vision?
Haha I realize it was a pretty long post, but I enjoy learning about other school systems and like to share the in-depth knowledge rather than just scratch the surface. It is a decent school system, I agree.

Yep! The surgery itself was painless because of the pain killers I got beforehand. The healing took a while (about a month worth of eye drops in total), but really only the first 3 or 4 days were truly annoying. I was unable to really do anything with my eyes because they did hurt once the pain killers finished working. They were (and still are to a certain extent) really sensitive to light, so I'd basically sit inside all day with sunglasses on. There's no way I could look at any screen (tv or monitor) and even stuff like reading the paper was difficult. If I look back now I probably would have invested in some audio books or podcasts to spend the time, because it gets really boring after a while. Then again, it was only for 3 or 4 days, after that I could function like a normal seeing person again ;)

And yes, still have perfect 20/20 vision :D