The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What different purchases have you made recently?

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
...I went to steak and shake and ate a burger today! Yeah! :lol:

Aaaaand I received copies of Windows 7 enterprise and Microsoft office 2007.

Aaaaaaannnd...this is my last purchase...Dreamweaver cs4 for $369! :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ My car insurance for six months is less than that Dreamweaver thing. :o :o  Actually I almost can pay an entire year for that.  Talk about overpriced software.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
^ My car insurance for six months is less than that Dreamweaver thing.

Tell me about it.  I'm a professional web designer/developer and I still don't have Dreamweaver.  Notepad works fine for me and I can think of a LOT more things I'd rather spend $400 on.  Besides...Dreamweaver makes you lazy and makes you forget a lot of things.  I used it for almost half a year and it almost destroyed my ability to whip stuff up from scratch in Notepad.  I don't even bother with Notepad++ even though the different colors do make it a lot easier when working on more complex projects.  I don't want to have to rely on any third party programs to get my work done.  For example, I whipped this site up in less than an hour using strictly Notepad:

http://www.heightsupholstery.com

Sure it's not the greatest, but if I had actually cared and spent time on it, I could have made it a LOT better.  But it was just a $99 slam and bam website for a client so I really didn't give a crap.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I bought a head band at lake tahoe for 5 bucks. :) It's just a metal band with a rhinestone sea star on it. My hair doesn't really need a lot of fancy stuff, it's big as it is. :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
All three seasons of "North and South" on DvD for a mere 12Euro :)
Nice catch for a movie that is of interest for anyone researching modern day perceptions and presentation of the US Civil War.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I ordered a bunch of comic book paperbacks off Amazon. Mostly Green Lantern, but also one Booster Gold comic.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just recently bought Sega Mega Drive Collection for the PS3, and as usual....it's an awesome little game indeed.  Gotta love the old classic....I mean, I even got stuck on the very first level of both Ecco the Dolphin 1 and 2 >.< :lol

And on a similar note, my friend bought Fallout 3: Game of the Year Eddition for the PS3 as well, the same friend who stays in the flat as me, so I get to play that one as well whenever I wish.

And also on a similar note, he's now got a pre-order down for Fallout: New Vegas :D

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
About a dozen Bottles of Shandy and some chocolate.  Best solution ever for a bad day.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I just got 4 identical Mac G5 computers for only $600!  That's just $150 a pop! :D Here are some specs:

*1.6ghz PPC G5 Processor
*512mb DDR 400mhz Ram
*80gb SATA Hard Drive
*Mac OS 10.3

I've upgraded one of them to 3gb of ram and a 500gb SATA drive and I'm thinking of keeping it for myself.  It's a pretty quick machine. :yes The others I'll definitely upgrade to at least 1gb of ram and sell them off for about $300-$400 apiece (depending on how much people will be willing to pay for them).  I've actually never worked on a Mac Pro before so this was a totally new experience for me.  And I must say, they suck when it comes to working on them.  I cussed like 25 times while installing the 3gb of ram, 500gb hard disk, and Mac OS 10.5.8.  You'd think a machine this big would be nice and easy to work on, but no.  Epic fail Mac.  Though now that I think of it, I've never worked on a Mac and found it to be a pleasant experience.  Whatever.  I just hope the "logic board" (talk about a dumb name for it) or something else major doesn't go out.  Here is a picture of the Mac's in action:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just recently, around a few minutes ago actually, bought a copy of The Dark Knight on DVD, the two disc special edition for just under $10 which was awesome.

Was going to get a second movie too, Jurssic Park, but, there were no copies available, so gonna try next week for that movie.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Sennheiser HD 218 headphones.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Just bought an HP Photosmart C4700 series printer. Its also WIFI compatible so my whole family can use it!

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile

Gerber Icon Serrated knife to replace my Gerber Paraframe knife that was stolen.

On order from Amazon will arrive in ~1 week.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Bought a HP Touchsmart TM2 :D

I got it for almost two weeks now and I'm really satisified with it. :D
I was super busy with school, so I had only like 10 minutes time to doodle something. But WOW! It's sooo awesome to draw directly on the screen! :o  :lol:

Only thing is that I'm missing shortcut keys when I'm in tablet mode. So I had to buy an extra numpad... At least I can configure the buttons to my likings. :^.^:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Hehe, I bought two DVDs on amazon.

THX-Steven Speilburg

Julie & Juila

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Bought meself a game yesterday from EB Games for one $12.

It was Red Faction: Gurrilia(sp?) for the PS3.  Got that with a $2 game guarantee, so if the disc gets damaged, they can replace it, free of charge ^^

It was a preowned disc, which the disc was still in pretty much, perfect condition, no scratches on it at all.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Recent purchases:

*The final Saw movie
*A new pair of Sketchers
*A navy-blue plush Snuggie (I get cold easily)
*Gummie Multivitamins
*Groceries :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, here's a game I've purchased for my March Let's Play Project.

The interesting thing here is that I'll be doing one of the toughest challenges within the game.  It's not something that is required, but is a good challenge.

The ONLY reason I purchased it is because my mom gave away my original copy. -_-