The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bionicle

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Hmmm...I am feeling a bit of conflict...but I'll wait to see what happens.

But beefed-up unable to tell jokes Gali, though! And serious but clumsy Kopaka! And hot tempered (as always...) but forgetful Tahu! AAAAH! *claps*

ChaoticMistress

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I quite love Bionicle so hearing some news about a reboot makes me really happy. :)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There's been quite a few updates to the Bionicle website since my latest update here. Most notable is on the Story page, where the first three episodes (each of them only 90 seconds long) are now available to watch. Quite an interesting introduction to the new generation of Bionicle, I must say.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I was huge fan of Bioncle, I collected all Toa, with gold and silver masks, all Bohrok (my favs) and the Bohrok-Kal.

My favs are Kopaka:

“Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.”
-KOPAKA TO TAKUA, BIONICLE: MASK OF LIGHT

And  Bohrok Kohrak:

Fun fact, Bioncle figures feature in the movie “Maid in Manhatten” starring Jennifer Lopez.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:27:45 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm honestly surprised it took this long for anyone to bother bringing up this topic. I mean, just look at my avatar, signature, and custom title, and you'll see how obsessed I've been with Bionicle for all these years.

Anyway, it seems the last time I posted here was near the end of 2014. Since then, Lego made an attempt to reboot the Bionicle series, using a completely new style and setting, with pretty much the only aspects that remained the same were then names of the six Toa, the main villain named Makuta, and everyone wears masks of power. The reboot lasted only two years - 2015 and 2016 - and many fans argue that it was most likely because there was not much effort put into telling the story, resulting in poor sales (poor enough that the supposedly planned third year ended up being cancelled).

I was huge fan of Bioncle, I collected all Toa, with gold and silver masks, all Bohrok (my favs) and the Bohrok-Kal.

I never got any of the extra masks or other collectible objects, but I definitely got all six of each of those series of sets and many, many more throughout both the original series (2001-2010) and the aforementioned reboot. I'd make a list, but it's very long. Once I can eventually find time for it, I'll be sure to come back here with a complete list of every Bionicle set in my collection.

If you're interested in a fansite about Bionicle, be sure to check out BZPower, which I always visit every day. (you'll find the forums here)

EDIT: Oh, and while I'm here, check out this video about the making of arguably the greatest Bionicle game ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmHmFmPM5Hk

And if you're interested in that or other Bionicle website games (among other things) throughout its active years, then take a look at this site: BioMedia Project
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 11:45:38 PM by The Chronicler »

- Berix

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I had both sets of all Six Toa (Original and Update), both sets of Bohrok. I sadly never got Teridax or “Makuta.” He was so much bigger and more expensive.

I saw “Bioncle: The Mask of Light.”

I sadly never played any of the video ganes.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 12:48:11 AM by Gentle Sharptooth »

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm sure I've made a list of my collection of Bionicle sets somewhere earlier in this topic, but since I've apparently not updated since the reboot series (commonly referred to by fans as "G2"), I think I'll go ahead and make a complete list of my entire collection.

Actually, I'll just make a complete list of what I consider to be every Bionicle set ever released, and the ones I don't have will be underlined on this list...

6 of 6 Toa (Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Kopaka, Pohatu, Onua)
2 of 6 Turaga (Vakama, Nokama, Matau, Nuju, Onewa, Whenua)
6 of 6 Tohunga Matoran (Jala, Maku, Kongu, Matoro, Huki, Onepu)
0 of 5 other (Tarakava, Nui-Jaga, Nui-Rama, Muaka & Kane-Ra, Manas)
(14 of 23)

6 of 6 Bohrok (Tahnok, Gahlok, Lehvak, Kohrak, Pahrak, Nuhvok)
6 of 6 Bohrok Va (Tahnok Va, Gahlok Va, Lehvak Va, Kohrak Va, Pahrak Va, Nuhvok Va)
6 of 6 Toa Nuva (Tahu Nuva, Gali Nuva, Lewa Nuva, Kopaka Nuva, Pohatu Nuva, Onua Nuva)
1 of 4 other (Bionicle Master Builder Set, Boxor, Exo-Toa, Cahdok & Gahdok)
(19 of 22)

6 of 6 Bohrok-Kal (Tahnok-Kal, Gahlok-Kal, Lehvak-Kal, Kohrak-Kal, Pahrak-Kal, Nuhvok-Kal)
5 of 6 Matoran (Hahli, Macku, Matoro, Kopeke, Hewkii, Hafu)
6 of 6 Rahkshi (Turahk, Guurahk, Lerahk, Kurahk, Panrahk, Vorahk)
2 of 4 other (Jaller & Gukko, Takua & Pewku, Takanuva, Makuta)
(19 of 22)

6 of 6 Toa Metru (Vakama, Nokama, Matau, Nuju, Onewa, Whenua)
6 of 6 Matoran (Nuhrii, Vhisola, Orkahm, Ehrye, Ahkmou, Tehutii)
6 of 6 Vahki (Nuurakh, Bordakh, Vorzakh, Keerakh, Zadakh, Rorzakh)
4 of 4 other (Toa Lhikan & Kikanalo, Turaga Dume & Nivawk, Nidhiki, Krekka)
(22 of 22)

6 of 6 Toa Hordika (Vakama, Nokama, Matau, Nuju, Onewa, Whenua)
5 of 6 Rahaga (Norik, Gaaki, Iruini, Kualus, Pouks, Bomonga)
6 of 6 Visorak (Vohtarak, Boggarak, Keelerak, Suukorak, Roporak, Oonorak)
5 of 5 other (Roodaka, Sidorak, Keetongu, Toa Iruini, Toa Norik)
2 of 4 playsets (Visorak Battle Ram, Tower of Toa, Battle of Metru Nui, Visorak's Gate)
(24 of 27)

6 of 6 Piraka (Hakann, Vezok, Zaktan, Thok, Avak, Reidak)
6 of 6 Matoran (Balta, Dalu, Piruk, Kazi, Velika, Garan)
6 of 6 Toa Inika (Jaller, Hahli, Kongu, Matoro, Hewkii, Nuparu)
3 of 4 other (Axonn, Brutaka, Umbra, Vezon & Fenrakk)
1 of 4 playsets (Race for the Mask of Life, Piraka Outpost, Lava Chamber Gate, Piraka Stronghold)
(22 of 26)

6 of 6 Barraki (Kalmah, Takadox, Ehlek, Pridak, Carapar, Mantax)
4 of 4 Matoran & Hydruka (Defilak, Dekar, Thulox, Morak,)
6 of 6 Toa Mahri (Jaller, Hahli, Kongu, Matoro, Hewkii, Nuparu)
4 of 6 other (Gadunka, Hydraxon, Maxilos & Spinax, Nocturn, Toa Lesovikk, Karzahni)
0 of 3 playsets (Barraki Deepsea Patrol, Toa Undersea Attack, Toa Terrain Crawler)
(20 of 25)

6 of 6 Phantoka (Toa Kopaka, Toa Pohatu, Toa Lewa, Makuta Antroz, Makuta Vamprah, Makuta Chirox)
6 of 6 Matoran (Tanma, Solek, Photok, Gavla, Kirop, Radiak)
6 of 6 Mistika (Toa Tahu, Toa Gali, Toa Onua, Makuta Krika, Makuta Bitil, Makuta Gorast)
2 of 6 other (Toa Ignika, Mutran & Vican, Makuta Icarax, Takanuva, Mazeka, Vultraz)
0 of 3 vehicles (Rockoh T3, Jetrax T6, Axalara T9)
(20 of 27)

6 of 6 Glatorian (Gresh, Tarix, Strakk, Malum, Vorox, Skrall)
6 of 6 Agori (Raanu, Berix, Metus, Tarduk, Zesk, Atakus)
6 of 6 Glatorian Legends (Mata Nui, Ackar, Kiina, Vastus, Gelu, Stronius)
0 of 3 other (Fero & Skirmix, Tuma, Toa Mata Nui)
0 of 5 vehicles (Cendox V1, Kaxium V3, Baranus V7, Thornatus V9, Skopio XV-1)
(18 of 26)

6 of 6 Stars (Tahu, Takanuva, Gresh, Rahkshi, Piraka, Skrall)
(6 of 6)

6 of 6 Toa (Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Kopaka, Pohatu, Onua)
6 of 6 Protectors (Fire, Water, Jungle, Ice, Stone, Earth)
1 of 6 other (Lord of the Skull Spiders, Skull Warrior, Skull Slicer, Skull Basher, Skull Scorpio, Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder)
(13 of 18)

5 of 5 Toa (Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Pohatu, Onua)
0 of 5 Creatures (Ikir, Akia, Uxar, Ketar, Terak)
0 of 3 Beasts (Lava Beast, Storm Beast, Quake Beast)
3 of 4 other (Kopaka & Melum, Umarak the Hunter, Ekimu, Umarak the Destroyer)
(8 of 17)

Put it all together, and the final tally of my collection of Bionicle sets is 205 out of 261!

Compiling this list took me quite a while, so I'll cover the other items in my Bionicle collection later.

- Berix

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@The Chronicler You have quite the collection!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Of course, being a huge fan of Bionicle, I've got much more than the sets. My collection also extends to books, movies, and games.

I've got practically every paperback book that was ever released over the years and read through each and every one of them. I didn't start collecting the comic books until the start of 2004, so my collection is missing issues 1-14 that cover the first three years, though I do have all nine graphic novels that compile all of the comic books and even include some exclusive content. If you're interested in the contents of those books and comics, don't worry about trying to search for them, because I recently came across a site that actually has all of that story content available that anyone can access: Wall of History

I've seen all four movies and have them all on DVD; Mask of Light (2003), Legends of Metru Nui (2004), Web of Shadows (2005), and The Legend Reborn (2009). I'm sure it can't be too difficult to find a way to watch them if you haven't seen any of them yet.

As for the games, I've got both of the games that were made available for PC, and completed both of them; Bionicle: The Game (2003) and Bionicle Heroes (2006). I've also played a bunch of online games that were available on the official website over the years; Mata Nui Online Game (2001), Mata Nui Online Game 2 (2003), Piraka Attack, Matoran Escape, Inika Island Assault, Voya Nui Online Game (all 2006), Command the Toa Mahri (2007), Battle for Power, Mistika (both 2008), and Agori Defender (2010). If you're interested in trying any of those games, both retail and online, they're all available on another site I came across: BioMedia Project. That site also includes all the online videos and animations over the years, including the Piraka/Inika animations that feature built-in games (which I've also played back when they first came out in 2006). I should note that since much of the originally online content uses Flash, which is due to be discontinued at the end of this year, you might want to consider checking out the games there while you still have a chance.

- Berix

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@The Chronicler what made Bioncle your biggest fandoms if not biggest?