The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Utahraptors in XI XIII and The TV Series

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I don't know. And never was interested in LBT characters' species.

(but I remember there was forum rule - to not use posts that contained only forum smiles  :rolleyes:  )
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Be careful, Nate. Here's some rules and guidelines on the forum.
Here's some rules and guidelines on the forum.

I'm pretty sure they're Utahraptor. They don't look like the Velociraptor or the Deinonychus from the earlier films.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Nate56mate

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Jun 12 2017 on  05:16 AM
Be careful, Nate. Here's some rules and guidelines on the forum.
Here's some rules and guidelines on the forum.

I'm pretty sure they're Utahraptor. They don't look like the Velociraptor or the Deinonychus from the earlier films.
Redisign Maybe

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Over on the wiki, we have a job to make species classification for everyone to see. The Albertosaurus from 8 and the Daspletosaurus from 10's classifications have been changed to simply Tyrannosaurus. There were no distinct differences between them and a normal Rex. We did the same thing for the Gorgosaurus in the opening of 13 and the Teratophoeneous from the opening of 14 as they were most likely two of the sharpteeth from X and for the same reason I gave earlier.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah that's awesome that you have it all categorized to make it easy for everyone to see each different species of Dinosaurs

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes. You need a lot of palaeofauna knowledge for some classification.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah I see and true it's difficult to type a bio for every dinosaur species.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The duo of Yangchuanosaurus from "The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur" song were also changed to simply goofy Tyrannosaurus. We also changed the gender of the Allosaurus from LBT 6 to simply a male instead of a female. There was a reference that Petrie called the sharptooth a her but I watched the scenes with the sharptooth and he said no such thing. So obviously a fake.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah awesome thanks for this awesome and useful information that you posted on here. And I can remember Petrie saying that in the sixth movie.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
He didn't though. He only referred to the sharptooth as "it".

Bertie12

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Just walking in and saying what I believe the Raptor species in LBT to be.

I Raptor: Velociraptor antirrhopus

III quilled Raptors: Deinonychus (early version)

III Raptors: Velociraptor antirrhopus

VII Raptors: Achillobator

XI Raptors: Deinonychus

Screech and Thud: Deinonychus

XIII Raptors: Oversized Saurornitholestes

Now I’m walking out.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:58:58 AM by Bertie12 »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
It was neat to see Utahraptors or Deinychus in LBTIII. It certainly was influenced by the release of Jurassic Park and the uptick in popularity of Velociraptors. I remember Crichton was criticized because Velociraptors are 4 feet tall and the ones in JP are 6 feet plus. Then they discovered Utahraptor and Crichton said “we wrote it and they discovered it.” (The Making of Jurassic Park). In defense of Crichton, the Velociraptors of JP had mixed D.N.A. and its possible Dr. Wu used samples from Utahraptor to fill in gaps.   

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith