The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sending Letter to UniversalStudios for 14th movie!

LBT14! · 71 · 8847

LBT14!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
:D Hey LBT Fans! I joined this site because I need support for a letter to Universal Studios about a 14th movie that is going to seriously be considered! If I'm able to use your names as signatures and support in this letter, the more likely Universal Studios will consider the proposition! Or, if you wish, you could write your own letter to them, also! Please post if you want to support this and I'll sign your name or username on the letter I send, with your permission of course. Or, let me know of you could write your own letter to Universal Studios, too! That would be great!
Thanks everybody! Let's get a lot of support!

Nick C.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Petitions for making the 14th movie have been made before and nothing came out of them. Why would it be different this time? How do you know this time it's going to be seriously considered?

Sorry for such a harsh welcome to the site, but please understand that we are skeptical people here.

LBT14!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I understand. My Uncle is in production and has worked with Roy Smith, Director of the 4th LBT land of the mists. I just got back from Visiting him over spring break where we discussed him contacting Roy if I can get enough support...worth a shot to me. I'm gonna send a letter with or without support anyway, but I understand why you are skeptical.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Best move is to boycott their projects.  Either they'll go under or continue the last good thing they had going for them.  

And for future reference, this is the birthdays/stardays section.  Something like this belongs under the LBT sections.  BTW, welcome to the GOF :wave!

I'd love to see LBT continue, but if we can't even get those trashy Kardashians off TV, well...good luck with this one I'm sorry to say :neutral.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum.  Not sure how likely a 14th movie is, but I'd like one.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Moved the topic.

You can have my support for a 14th movie if the quality is near the quality of the first 4 sequels and far away from the last several. This is impossible because today's young audience loves screaming children shows. Good luck anyway!

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

LBT14!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
For anyone concerned with the quality of the movie, the letter sent to Universal studios and the requests expressed to Roy Smith would be to expand on the 4th movie Land of the Mists. They never created another movie involving Littlefoots friend Ally, as they said they would. Conveniently, Roy was the director of the 4th movie, and close w/ my Uncle, in production, and is able to lobby for us.

LBT14!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Those interested in supporting/signing:
I'm sending a handwritten letter and also several emails to certain Universal employees and the Company itself.
To sign the handwritten letter, simply sign with a pen on a piece of paper and send it to the address I give you. (I will give it on this site if I receive enough support.

If you wish to sign the e-mails, just post your name on this forum and it will be included in the conclusion of the e-mails.

You may sign both if you like, and I'm open to any questions!

LBT14!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thanks a bunch! And if you know anyone else that would support, please tell them about this letter! Thanks again!

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As much as I would like to see one. It kinda seems unlikely. though if one is made it better not be anything like the last few ones. *stares at lbt 13* and it better especially not be anything like that!

LBT14!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Totally agree, raptor. Roy is the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th movie director. The 14th would lean toward those movies.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In that case.. Just send us whatever form of petition you had in mind and I'm sure most will sign it :)

LBT14!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Great! My Uncle told me that the letter needs to be a small-average size, or Universal apparently just throws it out if too long. So I'm working on the letters right now and am going to keep them short and to the point. When finished, I will definitely post a copy or copies (If I make multiple) onto this forum!

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
They don't want to make a 14th movie because they knew Movie 13 was gonna destroy the series for good. But they made it any how and it bombed and no more Land Before Time Movies. So making a petition is gonna be very pointless since it has failed already.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
While I believe it to be very unlikely that there would be a 14th LBT movie there is no harm in hoping and not in promoting even the tiniest of chances with such a petition. Is it likely to achieve the making of another movie? No. Is it likely to cause any harm whatsoever in the proces? Certainly not.
If there is such a petition brought up I am quite willing to sign it. Not hoping for much, but not seeing anything negative about signing it either.
They don't want to make a 14th movie because they knew Movie 13 was gonna destroy the series for good.
With all the frustration you may have about the 13th movie (which I agree was very bad), I do not see the reason behind any assumption of intentional messing it up. I think I read somewhere (and don't quote me on it because I don't know how reliable the source was) that LBT 13 was the first of the movies to be in the red financially. The assumption of people intentionally making a movie bad to loose some money for the heck of it (or which other motives would there be for such a move?) is ridiculous.
What I think is a main problem about the making of further LBT movies is the lack of plot ideas that are not mere repetitions of what has been there before. Many people are ready to blame universals for bad movies or the TV series, but hardly anyone would be willing to come up with a plot that one could turn into a movie not in conflict with LBT as we know it from the earlier movies. It is one of the things that I am acknowledging the TV series for, that they came up with quite a number of plots that, although they were not sufficiently long to suffice for a full length movie, were for the most part not in conflict with LBT from the sequels.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I highly doubt Universal knew that LBT13 was going to be a failure. If they did, they wouldn't have made it. In truth, nobody knows how a movie will do until it's released. If it's a failure, than it's a failure. If it's a success, then it's a success. Nobody can predict the future. Universal did not make LBT13 with the intent of "destroying LBT forever". They made it with the intent on making more money. They would not have known how poorly it would have done in sales. For all they knew, it would have been a success at least among children, who were their target audience anyway.

Now you could say that Universal won't make an LBT14 because of the commercial failure of LBT13 (after it's release of course; again they're not psychics). That is likely possible, and a more reasonable explanation than simply saying that Universal knew beforehand that LBT13 would fail.