The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time: A Forbidden Friendship

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Main Characters

Lottie: a pink clubtail (she eventually grows up to be Kosh's mother)

Stella: a white clubtail (Lottie's mother)

Noah: a red clubtail (Lottie's father)

Mr. Thicknose

Kenneth: his appearance is like it is in the films (he grows up and eventually becomes Littlefoot's grandpa)

Serafina: Kenneth's sister (same color scheme; except that her eyes are green, not crimson)

Ivy: Kenneth's other sister (cobalt like her father with crimson eyes)

Lillian: a magenta longneck with crimson eyes (Kenneth, Serafina and Ivy's mother)

Hector: a cobalt blue longneck with green eyes (Kenneth, Serafina and Ivy's father)

Note: This is a backstory featuring Littlefoot's grandpa when he was little; about 6 years of age. He only has one friend who would eventually grow up to become Kosh's mother.

Kenneth was having a fun time playing with his new friend Lottie; however, as usual, his parents intervened on his fun. They believed it was wrong for longnecks to socialize with dinosaurs of other species; so, they felt that it was their right to punish him for it.
"Kenneth! What have I told you about playing with other kinds?" Lillian demanded.
"You don't understand! None of the other longnecks will let me play with them; they don't think I'm cool enough since I didn't give in to a dare they forced on me; they dared me to cross the Sinking Sand over to the Sheltering Grass, and I said there will be green food growing in the Mysterious Beyond before I do something stupid like that; I figured since I stood up to them, they'd allow me to play with them," Kenneth stated.
Lillian sighed.
"I also told Serafina and Ivy that I didn't want their pity and that they could go and play with their friends; if they don't want to include me, fine; no one should be forced to play with me just because Serafina and Ivy tried to convince those rockheads to consider," Kenneth continued.
"Maybe we should talk to their parents-"
"No; I don't want to play with those longnecks anyway; like it or not, Lottie is my friend and she would never dare me to do something that might risk my life; you two don't seem to understand that I have a brain and I can think for myself," Kenneth snarled.
"Do not interrupt your father; it's very rude," Lillian scolded him.
"Well, you weren't exactly polite when you barged in on my playtime with Lottie," Kenneth retorted.
All of a sudden, Hector grabbed Kenneth by this tip of his tail and walked away. Despite being angry, Kenneth didn't try to get out of Hector's grip. Lillian glanced at the clubtail child and then walked up to catch up with Hector. Upon getting back to the nest, Hector set Kenneth down gently into his sleeping spot.
"What's the big idea, huh? It's not night time yet," Kenneth protested.
"You're gonna stay here and think about what you were doing; I'm gonna go talk to Lottie's parents with your mother and let them know that she can't play with you anymore," Hector demanded.
"Why can't you seem to butt out of my business? If I want to play with Lottie, I will!" Kenneth declared.
Lillian could feel her temper coming to a boil; however, Hector managed to keep his temper under control. Upon seeing his wife in her current mood, Hector thought it would be a better idea to go talk to Lottie's parents while she goes off to blow off some steam.
"Change of plans, dear; I'll go talk to Lottie's parents while you go for a walk to calm down," Hector suggested.
Lillian nodded in agreement while she walked away from the area.
"Just for your insubordinate behavior and for playing with Lottie despite us telling you not to, there will be no sweet bubbles or tree sweets with your treestars for the next month," Hector growled.
Kenneth simply shrugged it off.
"Don't bother me, none; you took away my only friend, not even a bush of sweet bubbles is enough to make up for how much you and Mother embarrassed me just for playing with Lottie; now will you please GO AWAY?!" Kenneth demanded.
Hector growled under his breath while walking away. Upon reaching Lottie's nest, he noticed that her parents were catching the rays of the bright circle.
"Ah, Hector; just the longneck I've been meaning to talk to; you and Lillian have a lot of nerve for the way you treated Lottie," Stella said.
"She came back home in tears just because of you," Noah replied.
"Maybe it'll teach her a lesson for playing with my son! I explicitly stated that he wasn't allowed to play with her; and he disobeyed me; you need to do your part by keeping Lottie away from my son; she needs to play with children of her own species," Hector explained.
"You listen to me! If my little girl wants to play with your son, I have nothing against it, neither does Stella; so, do yourself a favor and butt out; now, please go away," Noah said.
"This isn't over..." Hector growled while walking away.
Meanwhile, Kenneth was sulking at his nest; Lillian was much calmer by the time she got home. However, she still wasn't happy with how Kenneth was acting and she decided to let him know how hurtful his words can be.
"I hope you know that I'm very disappointed in your behavior; not only did you disobey me and your father, you act like the punishments we give you are a big joke," Lillian scolded him.
"That's 'cause they are; think about how embarrassed and upset you'd be if your parents tried to stop you from playing with a dinosaur of a different species; I only acted up because you were being disrespectful to Lottie and you made her cry; she's never gonna want to play with me again because of you and Father," Kenneth explained as tears started flowing from his eyes.
She was about to lower her head to comfort him; but, he covered his face with his right forepaw and held up his left forepaw at her. Lillian took this as a sign that Kenneth didn't want to talk to her or be nuzzled. Soon enough, she sighed and left to go talk to Mr. Thicknose. Upon reaching the nest, Mr. Thicknose confronted her; he didn't seem happy.
"Lillian, you have a lot of nerve showing your face around here; before I send you on your way, I have something to tell you; the way you treated Lottie was disrespectful, and it also insulted her parents; I also noticed that Kenneth stood up for her when you and Hector stopped them from playing together; now, I think it's time for you to leave," Mr. Thicknose said.
Lillian sighed and then left the area. Although, she wasn't entirely opposed to Kenneth playing with Lottie; it was mainly due to her strict upbringing and bossy husband.