The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2434 · 150479

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I have a habit of randomly making chicken noises. :P: :lol

EDIT: Ooh, 2,000 posts! :wow

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like thunderstorms, especially if I have no plans to be anywhere :yes.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ Me too. :yes I enjoy the contrast of being warm and comfortable indoors while the rain beats down on the roof, and being surprised every now and then by a sudden boom of thunder or a flash of lightning. Sometimes I wish we had more storms like that where we live. :rolleyes

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I have an account on DA, which is only now starting to become anywhere near as full as I would like it to. I'm also getting better at making pictures of my OC race, sometimes with the aid of a human model pic.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jul 23 2010 on  01:14 AM
I like thunderstorms, especially if I have no plans to be anywhere :yes.
Lightning brings me joy to see and thunder brings me joy to hear.

I would feel satisfied with my life if I were to meet Thor or Zeus.

inlerah

• Ruby
    • View Profile
i am an amazing musician. give me any insturment and i bet that i can play it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Which instruments do you play regularly inlerah? :)
I'm an amateur when it comes to music. I have been playing the keyboard for years but while I can play simple melodies I am no good when it comes to playing with both hands, multiple finger use etc. at a fast pace. I haven't been practicing that one enough. I play the harmonica sometimes (love that instrument for being so easy to take along wherever you go and playable just in between). I also have an Ocarina, but I very rarely use that one.
While I am mediocre on instruments I think I am doing fairly well at humming and whistling melodies on the right tone and have a relatively good memory of melodies which I like (perhaps this is one reason why when it comes to music I don't tend to like the kinds of music which don't have a melody which one could imitate by humming and whistling).

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I love to snack, but somehow am not putting on any weight :p

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Aug 1 2010 on  03:40 PM
Lucky... <_<

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Aug 1 2010 on  09:06 PM
Lucky... <_<
I'm actually the same as Iris. Life is interesting when you have a high metabolism. :p

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I became quite chubby in my teen years and first several adult years, mostly 'cuz I never watched what I was eating AND I did not get enough physical activity to burn off all the calories :rolleyes.  I'm so active now that my daily intake of calories should be around 2800, but I only get up to 2000 calories a day :p.  I just can't imagine eating so many calories :x.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Me and my friend just got through beating Professional Mode of Resident Evil 5.....with blasting rocket after rocket after rocket at Wesker till he died......it was funny to watch.....I was hanging on for dear life while my friend fired like 7 rockets at Wesker....and killed him before I got a chance to save myself and meet him for the actual final battle :lol:

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It looks like I'm not the only one who has a high metabolism and loves to eat. I'm pretty much the same way. XD  :lol:

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Aug 2 2010 on  12:57 AM
Me and my friend just got through beating Professional Mode of Resident Evil 5.....with blasting rocket after rocket after rocket at Wesker till he died......it was funny to watch.....I was hanging on for dear life while my friend fired like 7 rockets at Wesker....and killed him before I got a chance to save myself and meet him for the actual final battle :lol:
LOL professional mode... Reminds me of beating RE4 on that mode. That game is fun when it's hard.

Speaking of hard, try RE2 on hard.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Speaking of RE4...I have never finished the game myself.  I got kind of far, after Salazar's castle....but then I lost the game....

Oh, and RE....I think it was number 1....or number 2....one or the other.....I never got far in it.  I think the game still holds the record for being the fastest way I've died on a video game.  Allow me to shed some light on the situation....I shot something off screen that I thought was a zombie....was an exploding barrel....which ended up killing me :lol:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Aug 2 2010 on  01:55 AM
I became quite chubby in my teen years and first several adult years, mostly 'cuz I never watched what I was eating AND I did not get enough physical activity to burn off all the calories :rolleyes.  I'm so active now that my daily intake of calories should be around 2800, but I only get up to 2000 calories a day :p.  I just can't imagine eating so many calories :x.
I am not super active but my calorie intake should be about 2000-2500... I probably get a little less than 2000 on an average day.

And yes, I have a fairly high metabolism but as a counterpoint, I lose heat very quickly due to my small size.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Aug 2 2010 on  12:46 AM
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Aug 1 2010 on  09:06 PM
Lucky... <_<
I'm actually the same as Iris. Life is interesting when you have a high metabolism. :p
Another person with a high metabolism!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I get the worst cravings for salt whenever my electrolyte levels drop too low :p.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I’m yet another member who’s a nibbler. :p My stomach fills up rather quickly, but it doesn’t take long for me to get hungry again. Sometimes, when I haven’t eaten for a while, I get very strong hunger pangs that make me feel desperate to eat something, but go away after a few minutes. :confused I don’t know whether my metabolism would be considered fast or slow, and I have no clue what my average daily calorie intake is. I’m certain, unfortunately, that I’m not as healthy as I could be, and I’m definitely a little on the flabby side. I did, however, lose about 35 pounds since last June (I wouldn’t be surprised if some of it could be attributed to the fact that I often spend long periods on the GOF, too distracted to eat :p), and have made an effort to eat less throughout the day.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, now we're so similar it's scary, Pangaea.  I've lost at least thirty pounds since last June as well :blink:.

I'm considered to be in great physical condition, and as of this past month, my body fat percentage is estimated to be around 23% (a marathon runner averages a 20% total body fat percentage).

Yesterday, I did one crazy marathon of a day hike: 27 miles in five minutes under fourteen hours :wow.  I went five miles around a lake, five miles up a canyon, three miles across another canyon, two and a half miles up the side of a mountain and over a divide at 10,700 feet above sea level, down a ten-mile canyon, and then four and a half miles around a lake and back to my vehicle.  It was tough but definitely worth it :D.