The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Worst Dad Polls

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
That's one of the reasons LBT XI has got to be my least favorite of the series...the characterization of Mr. Threehorn and Big Daddy is just no good. But, hey, I guess that's to be expected from the movie that gave us a song about how dads stink! :p

Glad to know that I am not the only one who thinks XI is the worst. XD Coupled with that Littlefoot's lies, Topps snapping at Tria, and Littlefoot going "who needs friends" are my most disliked moments in the franchise… So this movie has the worst moments, worst characterization, and the worst dads. I see "worst" written all over this.  :bestsharptooth

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
That's one of the reasons LBT XI has got to be my least favorite of the series...the characterization of Mr. Threehorn and Big Daddy is just no good. But, hey, I guess that's to be expected from the movie that gave us a song about how dads stink! :p

Glad to know that I am not the only one who thinks XI is the worst. XD Coupled with that Littlefoot's lies, Topps snapping at Tria, and Littlefoot going "who needs friends" are my most disliked moments in the franchise… So this movie has the worst moments, worst characterization, and the worst dads. I see "worst" written all over this.  :bestsharptooth
Ha! Exactly. :facepalm XI had Topps, who was already hard to like, become even more unlikable...but as you've brought up, the worst offense that movie committed was Littlefoot. WHAT were they thinking? Except for getting food for the Tinysauruses, Littlefoot was such a selfish jerk through that whole movie. I'm honestly surprised that XIII is more of a least favorite in the fandom than XI...yeah, XIII was weird, but at least it kept the main character's personality intact!

If you ask me, the only good thing XI brought to LBT was Tria. And I have to say, the way they brought her in there was pretty cheesy, being so lovey-dovey over Topps with not much more backstory between them than "we know each other!" I really liked Tria in XII and the TV series, though (that scene where she's afraid Topps is going to roll over on the egg was hilarious), so I can overlook her XI introduction, I guess.

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
For funsies: Ducky's Dad. Not only does he disappear, but when the kids rejoin their families at the end of movie V, he (or at least a Swimmer I suspect to be him) DOES greet Ducky and Spike, but like 5 seconds later apparently already has disappeared already. Bad dad.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on April 16, 2020, 03:08:08 PM
For funsies: Ducky's Dad. Not only does he disappear, but when the kids rejoin their families at the end of movie V, he (or at least a Swimmer I suspect to be him) DOES greet Ducky and Spike, but like 5 seconds later apparently already has disappeared already. Bad dad.

I can top that. :lol
Petrie's dad! He never existed!! Boooooo!!! :bestsharptooth

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, how he can not exist, if Petrie exists?  :thinking

Oh my subgod, what a forum topic...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

That means Ducky’s Dad is a Rainbowface shapeshifter. :lol  :rainbowwave

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Can we just agree that this universe as a whole doesn't seem to place much care into their offspring? Bron seemed to forget he had a child prior to encountering Grandpa Longneck again. If he truly was looking for his family, why not start from the most obvious place, the Great Valley? Surely he must have at least heard of it and put the pieces together. Petrie's father has been presumably absent before he was even born, which leads us to question his absence. And as for Ducky's father... the guy just disappeared after LBT1 and was never heard from again. :p

These parents aren't loyal. :bestsharptooth

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Can we just agree that this universe as a whole doesn't seem to place much care into their offspring? Bron seemed to forget he had a child prior to encountering Grandpa Longneck again. If he truly was looking for his family, why not start from the most obvious place, the Great Valley? Surely he must have at least heard of it and put the pieces together. Petrie's father has been presumably absent before he was even born, which leads us to question his absence. And as for Ducky's father... the guy just disappeared after LBT1 and was never heard from again. :p

What about Grandpa tho? He might almost be the sole exception in this topic. He good (grand)dad...even if Grandma does not approve of his story-choices before bedtime.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on April 20, 2020, 04:23:48 PM
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on April 20, 2020, 04:23:48 PM

What about Grandpa tho? He might almost be the sole exception in this topic. He good (grand)dad...even if Grandma does not approve of his story-choices before bedtime.
True, you can count on Grandpa Longneck to at least be a voice of reason (and often the only voice of reason). :wise

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
The worst dad(s) in LBT are the ones who raised Yellowbellies. They taught them to eat berries and "Up with your tush and you look like a bush."  Worst Dad EVER award go to all you Yellowbelly dad's :PCera
Go Chomper!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The worst dad(s) in LBT are the ones who raised Yellowbellies. They taught them to eat berries and "Up with your tush and you look like a bush."  Worst Dad EVER award go to all you Yellowbelly dad's :PCera

Because Sharpteeth won’t notice dinner parked its head in the ground and stuck its tush in the air. :lol

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Forget about worst dad trophy. The entire Great Valley deserves the trophy of being the worst parents ever. :longneckBRUH
This. Just...this.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I nominate Ducky’s dad for worst dad. He just disappeared.  :confused

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
How about Guido's dad? Guido just sleepwalks out of the nest, and now he doesn't even know who his parents are. Poor Guido.
Go Chomper!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
How about Guido's dad? Guido just sleepwalks out of the nest, and now he doesn't even know who his parents are. Poor Guido.

Good point. Guido’s dad must have been worse than the Great Valley parents to lose his son for good!

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
No wonder Guido is so lonely in the captions area. :smile
Go Chomper!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Guido was ao traumatized he forgot who he was.