The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Classical Music

Saft · 4 · 1051

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So, do you like to listen to classical music?

I do, I find it very good to listen to.  Easy listening, other music hurts my ears.

My favourite composer is Bach, why?  

Every note he composed was measured mathematically.  As a pattern, a system. (I probably sound slightly eccentric but I feel relaxed when I listen to his music).  I do also like Grieg (Hall of the mountain king especially) and Vivaldi (Four seasons).  

There are many composers; so I apologise if I didn't put your favourite in the poll (that's why I put 'Other' as an option).  This is also multi-choice.  It will be interesting to see, who is the most popular composer anyway.

-Saft-

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
Out of all the classicals, Chopin is my favorite. His pieces were so intricate and soulful that you can't help but like them.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My personal favorite orchestral piece has to be the Carmina Burana suite by Carl Orff.  We played 12 movements of it in my high school band (I played 2nd trumpet), including the infamous "O Fortuna".  I have the recording of that performance on my computer, actually. :D

Why?  I've always enjoyed music that had a 'profound' feel to it, where it becomes far more immersive and emotional than simple.  While some relatively modern film scores and other orchestral pieces can also achieve this immersive feeling with me, for something in the era prior to the contemporary era, I have to say that Orff has been able to capture my imagination and interest the most.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I tend to actually feel when I listen to Bach.  I feel immensly that I actually can relax.  Does that make sense?  

I like Orff too,  'O fortuna' is very powerful.  

I also like "Dance of the Blessed Spirits", although I'm not quite sure who is the composer.  Does anyone know?