The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Anyone interested in a new challenge?

Petrie · 5 · 2397

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
You think Nick's trivia stuff is hard....I have an idea for something that's even more challenging (at least I think it is).  Ok, here's the game...I'll put up an audio clip--it can be from a scene in a film, part of a song, or part of a soundtrack.  Your job would be to tell me where it came from.  

If you have an answer, you can ONLY PM me the answer--that means no posting answers in the thread, and this way nobody would know what the other persons participating think the answer is.  You have 48 hours from the time the clip is posted to PM your answer to me.  You're welcome to try and find an answer using search engines if you don't know the answer offhand, but I don't believe it would assist in any way...especially if it's a clip from a soundtrack with no words.  

I might leave hints every so often if I think it's really difficult.  I'm pretty sure I'm not biasing anyone, meaning that anyone here likely would be able to answer.  Each correct answer will earn you a certain number of points, a wrong answer (or no answer) would just give you 0 points.

Point system:

5 - film audio clip (name the film, and the character who spoke the lines)
10 - song audio clip (name the song and the performer)
20 - soundtrack audio clip (name the soundtrack, and where the clip fits into the film, if it does so at all)

Here's an example of a film audio clip:

Example Audio Clip

If you could correctly guess the film it came from and the character you would get 5 points.  Remember, the answer would have to be sent to me by our private messaging system and has to be sent within two days of me putting the clip up.

So, who is up for it?  Who would like to try this?  I don't know how well this will work but I'm willing to put a new twist on a trivia game. :)

P.S.  At the moment something is seriously messed up with my computer (it won't play any sound at all :() so I had to take a clip I already had made.  The example is from Watership Down and the character speaking was Fiver.  If my computer was working properly I'd give a good example but right at the moment that's what I already had.  I wouldn't expect everyone here to know a WD film clip.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Even if there was interest, my computer is kind of out of service at the moment to even try this.  :lol:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
That's the main point why I didn't answer. In fact it really sounds like fun. I may be a bit hampered by the fact that I didn't watch the English versions of the majority of movies out there (which still allows me to give good guesses based on "mental translation"), while the famous movies I saw in English may turn out dreadfully easy chestnuts for others.
However, if it comes to film music I think I can take part in this very well. I think it should be given a try once the computer troubles are solved and above all once you are feeling healthy again Petrie.  :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll jump in once your computer problems are fixed.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've decided not to do this after all.  It's not so much that I can't, but thinking it over, I'm pretty sure I don't have a large enough repetoire of pop films to do this well.  Plus, I've done the "guess the song" thing enough to know my particular taste does not match anyone here and I can't be sure if the European members would know the answers.

Topic closed.