The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If universal sold LBT

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well if Universal ever sold LBT (which I don't think will happen but it might) which company would you want to purchase it?

I'd choose Disney, they make some of the best 2d animation and verrrry good writers. And they might make some games that are much better than the ones right now, since Dinsey inter active is much better than Fullfat and TDK.
And if Dreamworks animation were to purchase LBT, they'd just kill it with terrible pop culture jokes and make it rated PG. Just look at what they did in Shrek3 :x

so why not answer my question

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
20th Century Fox or Blue Sky Studios. If they made LBT, each would probably make more money than the last, look at Ice Age.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
I wouldn't mind 20th centry Fox but I don't think Blue sky would keep it 2D.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm afraid the question would rather be if any company at all would pay for the rights on LBT. Seriously chances are very high that no company would want to spend money on the rights of a franchise of which 13 movies and a TV series already exist and where (unlike in case of some other settings) possibilities for continuation without repetition are rather limited and where the final installment resulted in red numbers.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd buy it and get ideas from other GOF members.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^^ I agree with the above statement, though I think the original poster was being hypothetical. :p More of a "what if" thread really.

Lone Survivor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
If Universal sold LBT I would like to see what Disney would do with it. Since it has been 25 years since the original a good place to start would be the gang grown up with kids.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess vonboy writes a fic where the gang is grown-up btw ;)

I don't think Universal would ever sell it for the reasons mentioned in earlier posts
Inactive, probably forever.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, LBT: A Long Lost Friend.

Haven't worked on it in a long time, thought, and it's still very early on in that movie script.

Really, a better example would be "Day of Rising Tide". I think that's what it was called. a LBT movie script written by another member here several years ago.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I would say either Disney or Blue Sky - Blue Sky has really prove itself over the past several years. It's animation style is very unique and adaptive. I'd like to see a Blue Sky-themed LBT remake XDD
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I shall make a company, and I shall invent space-travel, and den I shallz buy LBT rights :p!

Last of the herd

If Universal sold LBT I would like to see what Disney would do. Disney has great animation so the quality would be better than the sequels.