The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Final Destination 5

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Another one?  I don't get what the big deal is with this kind of movie.  The death scenes in these movies are so over the top and stupid it's not even remotely believable.  On top of that,  many of the characters are so dumb/unlikable it is hard to feel sorry for them when they die (that's a problem with horror movies in general though).  I don't get why everyone seems to get such a thrill out of it.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I hear you at that. They're milking every dime out of these stupid pointless movies. I for one hate all of them. And yes I agree all the characters are very stupid and idiotic that when they die it's like good there dead thank the gods. This is a very stupid thing. Making all these pointless sequels.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's a problem that is common among horror movies in general.  The characters basically die because they're stupid.  

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, personally, I find the FD series to be simple mindless fun, and on that level, it works.

But I'm not gonna criticize you guys or anything like that just because you don't care for the series.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A music video featuring the cast.

Ever what would happen if Final Destination met Saved by the Bell? The actors from FD5 will show you!  :lol

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My review: (Spoilers included).

After FD4, my expectations had been a bit lower. But man, did Final Destination 5 turn things around. It is a good summer film, and a surprisingly great entry in the Final Destination saga.

Now, I'm not going to lie, probably the main reason anyone sees these movies (Myself included) is the kills. And, even though there aren't as many this time around, it's a case of quality over quantity. The laser eye surgery scene with Olivia was brutal, and the "wrench sent flying" bit was a far better version of the rock kill from 4.

The opening bridge disaster may be my 2nd favorite premonition in the series outside of the highway crash from FD2. The opening deaths had CGI that wasn't as bad as it was in 4, and you would honestly be rooting for them to escape, even when you know it's going to turn out they didn't die...yet.

And even though I said character development and story isn't why people go to these movies....they seriously did a better job with those categories this time around. Most of the chars had distinct personalities, and with the exception of when Peter goes psycho towards the end, you hate to see any of them die. And the "kill or be killed" brought an interesting twist to the series' mythology.

Lastly, the twist ending. Admittedly, I had it spoiled for me beforehand, my own fault. But it was executed well. The use of the stock footage from FD1 made for a great "Oh crap!" realization from any audience member who didn't realize what was going on. Though I would have liked it more if Nathan didn't have that death at the very end, but the reasoning behind why he died was neat.

I give FD5 an 8.8 out of 10

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Question: Watched the film tonight and I have a question. They never showed Molly's death in the opening bridge sequence. Sam got impaled and then the vision ended. Did I miss a scene somewhere that showed her death? A bit confused on that part. But the movie was good. Better than FD4. Can't wait for 6 and 7 (hopefully).

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No, you didn't miss a kill. In fact, it gets pointed out more than once in the movie that Molly didn't die in the premonition. We can assume Flight 180 was always her intended death.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I will never waste money to see this movie. This is a movie I'd watch online for free.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
What if the movie will never be released online (not saying it won't be, but there's always a possibility)? Then how would you see it?

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Aug 19 2011 on  06:17 AM
I will never waste money to see this movie. This is a movie I'd watch online for free.
:o I could never do that. Movies are always better watched in the theater, in my opinion.

We can assume Flight 180 was always her intended death.

That makes sense.
If this was a prequel, I wonder how (if) they're going to do FD6.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, since every new char from FD5 is dead.....they'll probably do another movie like 3 or 4, with a random new group of chars surviving an accident.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As long as there is not another FD4 I'm fine with it. And if they can stop shooting the movies in 3D. It takes away the appeal for me.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would have liked 5 even more had they ended with Flight 180 burning, and not have those last 30 seconds with Nathan getting killed at that bar.

It would have been, IMO, a more powerful spot to end on, and plus, at least one guy would've made it out alive.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree. I was hoping Nathan would survive. But, Death always finds the characters in the end. For the DVD release, there will be two alternative deaths. I wonder whose deaths will be taking a different route.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think one of the alternate deaths will be Isaac's, from what I've heard.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just read that when Sam saved Molly from being killed by Peter, that added her to death's list. Guess that means if Sam had not been there, she would have died.
I think Isaac deserved what he got. That little pervert  <_<
Who's death did you find most gruesome?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Olivia, especially when the laser was cutting into her hand, that was gruesome.

Dennis' death IMo was a better executed version of the "rock death" from FD4.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I flinched on Olivia's death. I felt like I could feel my eyes being seared by the laser. And then they added insult by her eye being squashed by a car. I also found Candice's death something to not look at. That has to be a suck ass way to die.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for the deaths in the opening premonition, I found Dennis getting covered in tar to be somewhat nasty, because.....watch the part where he starts to let go and fall after the tar covers him. His fingers slip off!