The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

First Land Before Time Film

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Hey guys it's been a LONG time since I last posted on here and I'm not sure if this is the place for this post but what was the first Land Before Time you ever saw? I'm sure most of you will say the original but the first I ever saw was The Mysterious Island. I'm looking forward to all your answers!   :)
Life Is Good

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Gonna have to be really boring and say that the first film I watched was indeed the original. I didn't watch any of the sequels until a while later.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

RubberDucky

• A Mo Fan Too
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • You should not eat talking trees. Nope, nope, nope
    • View Profile
    • Odie's Ocean on Wordpress
My first film was LBT VII (The Stone of Cold Fire).
Pinkie Pie is best pony, yep yep yep! :duckyhappy My favorite LBT sequel is LBT V. :chompysmile
My thelandbeforetime.org username is Ducky. :Mo

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Appreciate the answers so far and I'm not surprised that two of the replies thus far is the first LBT, after all most don't even know the sequels, and TV show for that matter, even exist and those that do don't think of them fondly.
Life Is Good

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
The first film in this series I watched was The Land Before Time III: The Time of the Great Giving.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm about 99.9% sure my first one was the original.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I saw the original way back when it was first in theaters.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I can't really remember the first Land Before Time film I saw. I know that it was definitely on public television.
I think it was The Land Before Time IX: Journey to Big Water. This one is actually the first one I can really remember, but I'm not entirely sure. In fact, I'm sure it wasn't the first movie.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
First for me was the original movie. I also watched movies II through VI in the same day.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
My first movie was the original one.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
LBT III was my first. I borrowed the VHS from the library for reasons I cannot fathom. Have been watching ever since.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
According to my mother I watched the original Land Before Time film when I was 3 years old. It was being aired on television for Christmas. I'd say we should bring it back as a Christmas classic!

However the first LBT movie I remember watching was LBT 4. At some point my parents had bought that movie on VHS and since it was one of yhe few VHS tapes we owned I watched that film a lot!

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
This is a tricky question because I don't remember very well what movie was the first one that I watched. I would say the original was probably my first ever LBT film. It's been really long time.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LBT 8 for me. I watched it so many times :D
Inactive, probably forever.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
The first LBT movie I watched was the first movie, of course! :DD

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I don't remember. May have been the third one, may have been bits and pieces of another one, not sure honestly. I do know the first one was my reintroduction to LBT though. :)

Chomper123

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well i would say the Original and i've been a big fan since then

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I don't remember the first LBT film I ever saw, as it was so long ago. #1-3, 5-6 were the ones I saw as a kid (the rest I saw later as an adult), so it would've been one of those five films. Of those, I have a feeling it might be the original, but I really can't say for sure.